Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

Got all three things tonight we need to be a tourney team.  

1.  A contribution from Frank Howard.  He was HUGE in the 2nd half.  Scored, I believe, 8 or 9 in a row, played awesome defense, and ran the offense.

2.  CHUKWU!!   He didn’t play great, but had a few great moments.  I believe 17 boards?!  Those free throws in OT?  Wow.

3. Perimeter shooting.  Enough said.

In the words of Clark W. Griswold....”If I woke up tomorrow with my face sewn to the carpet, I wouldn’t be more surprised than I am right now.”

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I was worried at the start and was confident we could win at half time and was sure of it in ot, what a roller coaster!!

Duke even had their home cooking with the refs lol

I hope we push the pace like we did tonight for the rest of the year

I actually thought the refs weren't too bad.  Couple phantom calls and a couple of make up calls but I thought it was a pretty fairly called game

24 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

I actually thought the refs weren't too bad.  Couple phantom calls and a couple of make up calls but I thought it was a pretty fairly called game

The over the back non call near the end, the foul the gave Williamson the free throws was awful, the carry that wasn’t called, those were what stuck out in my mind the most. 

Edit: oh and that charge on battle

All were pretty obvious imo

Edited by Bray Wyatt

41 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I was worried at the start and was confident we could win at half time and was sure of it in ot, what a roller coaster!!

Duke even had their home cooking with the refs lol

I hope we push the pace like we did tonight for the rest of the year

Duke was without two key starters

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Will that will drop Duke all the way down to #2.

Probably.  But the Injury to Tre Jones is really going to hurt this Duke team for a while.  Sprained shoulder.  He’s done for a while.  They’re not the same team without him.  Will be interesting to see how they respond vs UVA.

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

Yeah, but they still had Barrett and Williamson on the court, the consensus #1 and #2 overall picks in the next draft.  Plus how many 5* players?  The Cuse currently has none.  Even Battle was a 4* guy.  

Duke should still have beaten Cuse handily tonight at home.  Syracuse just played an exceptional game.

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Yeah and? This cuse team just lost to Georgia tech at home. I don’t care who they lost, the replacements for them are still better than anything Georgia tech had plus they still had two lottery picks playing and it’s not like they played terrible either. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Probably.  But the Injury to Tre Jones is really going to hurt this Duke team for a while.  Sprained shoulder.  He’s done for a while.  They’re not the same team without him.  Will be interesting to see how they respond vs UVA.

Yeah, but they still had Barrett and Williamson on the court, the consensus #1 and #2 overall picks in the next draft.  Plus how many 5* players?  The Cuse currently has none.  Even Battle was a 4* guy.  

Duke should still have beaten Cuse handily tonight at home.  Syracuse just played an exceptional game.

To be fair Battle lost his 5* ranking at the end of his SR year lol he was 2 spots out at the end iirc

big hand to Battle who played like a guy who came back for a reason. He was a beast today... he has always had a tremendous pull up jumper

round of applause for our Slovakian friend Marek who took a charge from Zion and get knocked out pretty much ?

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

To be fair Battle lost his 5* ranking at the end of his SR year lol he was 2 spots out at the end iirc

big hand to Battle who played like a guy who came back for a reason. He was a beast today... he has always had a tremendous pull up jumper

round of applause for our Slovakian friend Marek who took a charge from Zion and get knocked out pretty much ?

That took either balls or stupidity not sure which lol

Zion is an animal, no one that big should be able to do what he does, and how is he only 18? Dudes face is 18 but that body is an nba big man vet

4 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

That took either balls or stupidity not sure which lol

Zion is an animal, no one that big should be able to do what he does, and how is he only 18? Dudes face is 18 but that body is an nba big man vet

Zion is a freak. Marek is a Euro, of course he has big balls

but also probably dumb ?