Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

This is what happens when programs like Kentucky and Duke (hello Jordan Tucker) over-recruit these 5 star kids and essentially break their promises.  This happens all the time, and these stupid kids keep committing for the name of the school and the notariety...rather than commit to another major school where they can stand out.  Stupid, stupid, stupid.

That was was point. They have too many 5* recruits who they all promised playing time too and there isn’t enough time to go around 

When you have three 5* SGs or PGs , somebody is walking away lol

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

That was was point. They have too many 5* recruits who they all promised playing time too and there isn’t enough time to go around 

When you have three 5* SGs or PGs , somebody is walking away lol

I believe it was down to KU, Cuse and Nova for Quade.  He would easily be the starting PG for either Nova or Cuse right now.  Hope he got lots of instagram “likes” for picking KU.  This ***** irritates me.  Coaches like Cal and K exploiting naive and arrogant young men with false promises.  

8 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I believe it was down to KU, Cuse and Nova for Quade.  He would easily be the starting PG for either Nova or Cuse right now.  Hope he got lots of instagram “likes” for picking KU.  This ***** irritates me.  Coaches like Cal and K exploiting naive and arrogant young men with false promises.  

Maybe he is a transfer option to SU then? Carey is more of a CG , slashing SG than true PG rn

I know the legend of Joe Girard is coming but he is a stroker 

I miss the days of Tyler Ennis and Carter Williams lol and Flynn and Pearl 

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

Maybe he is a transfer option to SU then? Carey is more of a CG , slashing SG than true PG rn

And Dave Bing? 

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

Perhaps.  We’re going to have a log-jam at guard though in years to come.  Green can play either guard position.  I think the plan moving forward is Jalen Carey at PG and JG3 at SG.  Even though both Boeheim and GMac said public ally that they were recruiting JG3 purely as a PG.  I’d take Green for some guard depth ?

2 minutes ago, bbb said:

And Dave Bing? 

Perhaps the best SU player of all time.  I’m much too young to remember him, but he’s my father’s favorite all-time player.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Perhaps.  We’re going to have a log-jam at guard though in years to come.  Green can play either guard position.  I think the plan moving forward is Jalen Carey at PG and JG3 at SG.  Even though both Boeheim and GMac said public ally that they were recruiting JG3 purely as a PG.  I’d take Green for some guard depth ?

Perhaps the best SU player of all time.  I’m much too young to remember him, but he’s my father’s favorite all-time player.

you beat me to this Johnny!  I thought I was going to get on here and break some hot Cuse news.  Jimmy B should be headed to wherever Quade lives right now!  I feel like we would have a really good chance at getting him on the transfer.  That backcourt would be filthy good if Jalen stays that long.

29 minutes ago, nemhoff said:

you beat me to this Johnny!  I thought I was going to get on here and break some hot Cuse news.  Jimmy B should be headed to wherever Quade lives right now!  I feel like we would have a really good chance at getting him on the transfer.  That backcourt would be filthy good if Jalen stays that long.

Pretty sure both Carey and JG3 will both be 4 year players.  Green would instantly (as soon as he were eligible) step in and be the starting PG.  I’d take him.

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I remember him well with the Pistons............I don't think I ever thought of it that the all time SU and all time SBU players were the two stars of the Pistons in the 70s.

51qClp9eWCL._SX342_.jpgreferee-marc-davis-poses-for-a-photo-wit

9 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Brycen lookin like he’s gonna be a good one for Cuse as well...

next years class already looks great but can become exceptional with a commitment from Stewart  

Goodin is the forgotten child in this draft class; being overshadowed by Guerrier and JG3.  I hear he’s been tearing it up this season and over last summer.  Another great job of early recruiting by the coaching staff just like they did with Dion Waiters and Tyus Battle.  Recognize their talent before the “big boys” can get to them.

Don’t forget about 4* C/PF Qudus Wahab who just postponed his decision date, many speculate, to wait and see where Stewart goes.  Many think he’s a Cuse lean if Stewart goes elsewhere.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/virginia-tech/Article/Hokies-Top-Prospect-Qudus-Wahab-moves-Decision-Date-126255096/Amp/

• Like (+1) 1

I wasn’t able to watch the game, as I was driving all over VT today for my son’s hockey games.  I have it recorded....I probably won’t watch.  I knew coming into this game that ODU was a very tough defensive team, and would give SU a game.  I think they’re ranked in the top 20 in ppg allowed, IIRC.  Recipe for disaster for Syracuse who is playing a very ugly brand of basketball right now.

How does JB seem to pull it all together by the end of the season most years?  Last season they looked like a NIT team at best, and made a run to the final 4.  I just don’t get it.  This team has waaaaaay too much talent to be sucking so badly right now.  So disappointing.  Hopefully JB has some of that magic left in the tank.