Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

10 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Agreed.  Totally different team than I spent $2000 to watch lose two miserable games in NYC ?

Ouch! I pay $1100 for 2 season tickets!  

That team last night was much more representative of the team i had seen at the games in the dome.  I don't know what was up in nyc but they were completely disjointed. 

Elijah continues to impress and be my favorite player on the team.  He, brissett, and battle make a formidable trio that can actually also hit foul shots.  I stand by my assertion that this is a top 15 team once they gel.

it wasn't even jock itch that was butchering the names, he was just completely off the rails on his color commentary.  I thought it was Ravetch, who i do like, that kept doing the 'dolejaz' and 'See-Dee-Bee' heavy emphasis on each syllable.  It was brutal all the way around

1 hour ago, section122 said:

Ouch! I pay $1100 for 2 season tickets!  

That team last night was much more representative of the team i had seen at the games in the dome.  I don't know what was up in nyc but they were completely disjointed. 

Elijah continues to impress and be my favorite player on the team.  He, brissett, and battle make a formidable trio that can actually also hit foul shots.  I stand by my assertion that this is a top 15 team once they gel.

To be fair, I only spent $150 on tickets.  The rest of the 2K was spent on hotel, food, and mostly booze ?

Nice win last night.  Granted it was an injury depleted Northeastern team.  But it was nice to see the second team come in and play so well(ie, marek, buddy b and carey).  Brisette seems to be getting into stride, Hughes is just a nice solid player.  Battle couldn't throw it in the ocean.  Tough stretch of games coming up, hopefully they can continue the momentum of the last few games.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nemhoff said:

Jalen Carey is going to be awesome for this team.  As soon as it clicks for him it is going to watch.  His athleticism last night was through the roof.  And nice to see someone other than Battle finish at the rim!

Agreed.  Ultimately, I think the plan is to move him over to SG when JG3 gets there next year.  Jalen makes the typical boneheaded frosh mistakes, but sometimes makes these incredible athletic plays that drop your jaw.   Gmac needs to work with him on his outside shooting.  He’s gonna be special.

5 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Former 5* combo guard Quade Green to transfer from Kentucky during his sophomore year.  Got over-recruited and now barely sees the floor.  Perhaps you should have made a different choice Kwah-day??  SMH...

That is what happens when you have 5-6 5* guys on a team...

not enough to go around 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

That is what happens when you have 5-6 5* guys on a team...

not enough to go around 

This is what happens when programs like Kentucky and Duke (hello Jordan Tucker) over-recruit these 5 star kids and essentially break their promises.  This happens all the time, and these stupid kids keep committing for the name of the school and the notariety...rather than commit to another major school where they can stand out.  Stupid, stupid, stupid.