Bills should try to trade for Amari Cooper, Raiders shopping him

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....2019 salary is about the same money they balked at paying Watkins.........

The Oakland Raiders announced April 23, 2018 they picked up the fifth-year option in Amari Cooper's rookie deal, which keeps the wide receiver under contract through the 2019 season.

The option will be worth a little over $13.9 million, which is based on Cooper's draft position of No. 4 overall in 2015.

I’m not sure they balked at paying him because of the money itself 

1 hour ago, ticketssince61 said:

"I think Gruden is ripe to trade Cooper, who is eligible for the 5th year option and then  will want big money."

We will have the same problem, so why make the trade?

The Bills will have what problem? The Bills should pay him. I actually said overpay, given what it might take to get him to sign there. That’s what I’m saying.

Edited by YoloinOhio

No thank you to Cooper.  As stated, he drops the ball a lot.  Before his good game last week, 6 out of previous 10 games he had fewer than 10 yards receiving.  I do agree we should look to trade for we with experience.  One more thing, I don’t like the idea of paying cooper after next season.  Assuming we gave up picks for him, letting him walk after trading for him- that’s the **** the bills have been doing for decades.  

4 hours ago, joesixpack said:

That's one incredibly negative way of looking at it. Or you could look at it like it's an opportunity to pick up a player who's proven for a low-round pick.

The only thing proven is that he was a good college WR. So far, as a pro, he has been a disappointment. I wouldn't waste any draft capital on him. 

4 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

Like anything else, it depends on the cost. Amari Cooper in a Bills uni for a 4th and Shaq is a great idea....but I'm not sure that anything more than that is worth it. I like it for now and the future, but as always cost determines outcome. 

That said, I'd be surprised to see Gruden trade Cooper.

For the amount of big drops hes had in his career.....id look elsewhere.

48 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I seriously doubt Gruden will support trading Cooper who he always gushes about.  Then again, I never thought they would trade Mack, so who knows

Well I would think nobody is safe if he was willing to trade Mack. 

Also, who doesn't Gruden gush about? 

5 hours ago, Clyde Smith said:

I totally agree with this. Another receiver I also hope the Bills make a trade for is Laquon Treadwell from Minn. Underutilized and behind some really good receivers.

Treadwell hasn't seen the field because he's struggled with drops since entering the league.

After reading through this thread, I get the sense that no receiver is good enough for this team. Sammy Watkins wasn't good enough for this team. Robert Woods wasn't worth paying. Marquise Goodwin was made of glass. Amari Cooper drops some passes.

The only guy really worth a damn at the position seems to be Brandon Reilly.

• Haha (+1) 3

6 hours ago, HappyDays said:

He drops the ball a l

Personally I wouldn't go higher than a 4th and maybe Lawson. At the very least he gets separation and is dangerous with the ball in his hands.

He would be great teamed up with brickhands Foster. We then would have qb who could throw the ball deep and no one to catch it.

2_E75_E015-3_A50-45_E2-9069-21628_E92699_E.png

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

Not sure why that’s overreacting.  I’d take Donald Jones and David Nelson over any of these guys.  Yes, Donald Jones and David Nelson. 

you would need to bring back Fitzy then..

54 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

After reading through this thread, I get the sense that no receiver is good enough for this team. Sammy Watkins wasn't good enough for this team. Robert Woods wasn't worth paying. Marquise Goodwin was made of glass. Amari Cooper drops some passes.

The only guy really worth a damn at the position seems to be Brandon Reilly.

They should bring him up... It couldnt get any worse....

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

What would I give up for Cooper? A 3rd in 2020, 4th in 2019, Shaq Lawson. I saw rumblings that a just a 4th or 5th would get it done for the Raiders, maybe I’m overvaluing him but i don’t buy it. Gruden has been whining about fnding a pass rusher, Shaq is someone who he will have the ability to plug in  and determine if he’s a guy they want, and has a 5th year option they can use since they won’t have Cooper’s. Bills and Raiders would basically be swapping 2015/2016 1st rd draft picks. 

Thoughts? 

Cooper for Lawson would be a bigger fleece than Hughes for Sheppard.  Git 'r' dun.

13 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Cooper for Lawson would be a bigger fleece than Hughes for Sheppard.  Git 'r' dun.

I was providing two draft picks ... definitely not thinking it would be a 1:1 player swap. The player was extra. Like the Jordan Matthews of the Ron Darby trade. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, Philo Beddoe said:

I can get on board with this. Not sure exactly what his issue has been for Oakland...inconsistency? I know Carr likes throwing to him. 

I agree with the idea that all we could hope for in FA is a guy in that Tyler Boyd category and overpay for him too. Also agree that another WR should be added in 2nd-3rd round ideally. 

Boyd wouldn't be a horrible pick up in UFA, I'd also target Quincy Enuwa, Golden Tate and curious if Chris Hogan come back 

21 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Sweeten it and throw in Benjamin.