Bills should try to trade for Amari Cooper, Raiders shopping him

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

if your QB can't seem to find a WR that has one of the leading separation numbers in the NFL, why expend effort to bring him someone you think is better?

I'm confused, I have it on good authority from serious Bills fans that Zay is the biggest bust in recent Bills history.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Because he is better, and maybe you want more than 1 capable WR

who is he better than, and why - if your QB already has two wide receivers capable of at least average play in the NFL (not to mention Charles Clay, and Shady McCoy) - why do you think that giving him another target will make him better?

I can't see the point in mortgaging even more in the way of draft picks. A third round pick is a thing of value, and pissing it away makes zero sense to me.

4 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

who is he better than, and why - if your QB already has two wide receivers capable of at least average play in the NFL (not to mention Charles Clay, and Shady McCoy) - why do you think that giving him another target will make him better?

I can't see the point in mortgaging even more in the way of draft picks. A third round pick is a thing of value, and pissing it away makes zero sense to me.

Who? 

If Josh Allen can't get the ball to Zay Jones, who is getting good separation from DBs, what in God's name makes you think he will pass the ball in a timely manner to Amari Cooper? And while Benjamin is hardly Jerry Rice, he's a reasonable, starting WR. 

Nathan Peterman was able to get it to Jones for a TD. Really, the only quality pass play of the entire year. That's obscene. 

Let's put it another way: tell me for even a second that our total offensive package isn't at the least as good as what walks onto the field for the Jets.

Right now, it ain't about the talent.

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:02 AM, YoloinOhio said:

The Bills need to acquire a WR who is not only capable of being a #1 but is a complete WR and has some experience in the NFL to help Allen. The Bills should also draft one relatively high with deep speed (2nd - 3rd ideally). I think Gruden is ripe to trade Cooper, who is eligible for the 5th year option and then  will want big money. The Raiders have shown they are willing to trade talent they feel can be replaced in the draft or cheaper. I believe the Bills will need to trade for and pay - perhaps overpay in this current climate- to obtain a real WR at this point. I would also look to obtain a FA WR who is more of a #2 guy that another team won’t want to pay - ie Tyler Boyd. May need to overpay a bit there too but this is what bad teams sometimes need to do to get talent (Jacksonville has done this over the last few years).  I would go into next year with Cooper, Boyd, Zay and a rookie as the top 4.

What would I give up for Cooper? A 3rd in 2020, 4th in 2019, Shaq Lawson. I saw rumblings that a just a 4th or 5th would get it done for the Raiders, maybe I’m overvaluing him but i don’t buy it. Gruden has been whining about fnding a pass rusher, Shaq is someone who he will have the ability to plug in  and determine if he’s a guy they want, and has a 5th year option they can use. Bills and Raiders would basically be swapping 2015/2016 1st rd draft picks. 

The bottom line as I’ve said many times is that drafting a WR in the 1st is a crap shoot.  I think they need to take a OT or Pass rusher with their 1st pick. Cooper is a top 10 talent who has been successful, maybe he’s not elite but those guys aren’t going to be available via trade or FA. You won’t get a big time FA WR to come to Buffalo who has options. Going to need to trade for one who has the talent to be a #1 and overpay a bit. We saw they were willing to work the trade for KB, that has not worked out but they saw the need and got who they could. He will be gone at the end of this season. 

Thoughts? 

Per usual, I was light years ahead of the pack on this one:

Shoulda done it before trading away McCarron, who would have been the best QB on our roster.

Let me give you guys another hot tip...  After the McDoomed regime passes, I'd seriously consider Stanford's Dave Shaw as our new HC...

He's got NFL creds, and experience being a shot-caller... Would change everything, IF he would ever leave Stanford.

Gruden Says Raiders Not Shopping Amari Cooper

Oakland Raiders coach Jon Gruden was in no mood to discuss trade rumors about receiver Amari Cooper following Sunday's blowout loss to the Seattle Seahawks in London.

Cooper left the 27-3 defeat with a concussion after suffering a huge hit.

"I don't know," Gruden said of the trade report, via Michael Gehlken of the Las Vegas Review-Journal. "I haven't heard that. I'm just sorry to have to deal with a lot of these reports. I just hope Amari is OK. Like I said, he's going to be a big part of our pass offense, and we'll see what happens here. Hopefully he's all right."