Richie is badly missed!

PUNT750

1 hour ago, Augie said:

To be more accurate with my words, I am always loyal to my family, but I will also turn my back on them if their actions are not something I can support. It can be what you have to do sometimes. I’ve been there, unfortunately. 

Forget it, it’s not worth it. He doesn’t understand the difference between abandoning and enabling. I’m not going to have this battle, it’s just not worth it. We never abandoned anyone. Ever. 

...what is tremendously sad is that close friends, etc have reached out pleading for him to get help, all falling on deaf ears.....the first major step is to admit "yes I need help", easier said than done...Augie, you know this all too well my friend as do I with my late brother.....he reached out, I got him help, but his expected results did not come quick enough, ending in tragedy....I'm sure we both hope Richie does not have a tragic ending as well...........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

I’m sure a lot of nasty things have been said on a football field. Do you think Richie is the first or will be the last?

Richie Incognito's situation was different than most players.

I noticed you conveniently leave things out in replies you get from posters.

You are a very savvy person with your replies. 

http://www.mcall.com/sports/football/eagles/mc-bills-incognito-20150407-story.html

This is just one of many articles about the initial Incognito signing by the Bills.

Excerpts:

Richie Incognito knows that his every step with the Buffalo Bills will fall under intense scrutiny.

Incognito has already convinced the two people who matter most, team owners Terry and Kim Pegula, of that. He's also aware that no amount of mea culpas will change some people's opinion of him.

Incognito's issues do indeed date to his college days at Nebraska. He was accused of bullying a Cornhuskers teammate, pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault and eventually left the program after multiple suspensions.

"I don't want to get into what promises and assurances that I made, but like I said, we had a very good and open conversation," Incognito recalled Monday of that meeting. "We went back and forth on a lot of issues. They really just wanted to get a feel for me as a person and as a teammate. I think we both left that meeting feeling good about where I was at and where they were at. It's a great opportunity and I'm very thankful."

Richie Incognito's signing with the Bills was not an "ordinary"  OG signing.

Another Footnote:  I really liked the Incognitos signing when it happened.  He played even better than I expected.

That being said, the Bills were in their right for any actions they deemed appropriate when the verbal assurances from RI were

compromised by his actions.

6 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Richie Incognito's situation was different than most players.

I noticed you conveniently leave things out in replies you get from posters.

You are a very savvy person with your replies. 

http://www.mcall.com/sports/football/eagles/mc-bills-incognito-20150407-story.html

This is just one of many articles about the initial Incognito signing by the Bills.

Excerpts:

Richie Incognito knows that his every step with the Buffalo Bills will fall under intense scrutiny.

Incognito has already convinced the two people who matter most, team owners Terry and Kim Pegula, of that. He's also aware that no amount of mea culpas will change some people's opinion of him.

Incognito's issues do indeed date to his college days at Nebraska. He was accused of bullying a Cornhuskers teammate, pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault and eventually left the program after multiple suspensions.

"I don't want to get into what promises and assurances that I made, but like I said, we had a very good and open conversation," Incognito recalled Monday of that meeting. "We went back and forth on a lot of issues. They really just wanted to get a feel for me as a person and as a teammate. I think we both left that meeting feeling good about where I was at and where they were at. It's a great opportunity and I'm very thankful."

Richie Incognito's signing with the Bills was not an "ordinary"  OG signing.

Another Footnote:  I really liked the Incognitos signing when it happened.  He played even better than I expected.

That being said, the Bills were in their right for any actions they deemed appropriate when the verbal assurances from RI were

compromised by his actions.

Did he pull a girl’s pig tails in elementary school too?

Whatever happened to sticks and stones? Maybe you need a thicker skin if you play football.

20 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Did he pull a girl’s pig tails in elementary school too?

Whatever happened to sticks and stones? Maybe you need a thicker skin if you play football.

...or subscribing to you level of ignorance when it comes to recognizing a person's (who gives a rat's azz if he plays football) struggles with mental illness.....then again, NOTHING would be expected from your ilk.......just pathetic......

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...or subscribing to you level of ignorance when it comes to recognizing a person's (who gives a rat's azz if he plays football) struggles with mental illness.....then again, NOTHING would be expected from your ilk.......just pathetic......

I’m not really following the righteous indigation.

Can you explain the reasons for the personal attack?

Edited by Sky Diver

All I know is at 34, he was still at the top of his game. He was always crazy, no doubt. However, I can't help but feel he'd be suiting up right now had the Bills not asked a top 5, 4X pro bowl Guard coming off arguably his best season, on an extremely reasonable contract, to take a pay cut...

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

Richie played 3 yrs at an All-Pro level for a bargain price. He was still capable of playing at a high level. The Bills shouldn’t have asked him to take a huge paycut. 

$3.5M on the roll of the dice with Coleman was stupid. I’d rather have seen that money go to Richie as a reward for his service.

I believe that if we don’t cut his salary he’s would still be on the team and we would be far better off.

I don’t see any connection here with Forte.

Frankly, you're right. I shouldn't compare Richie and Forte because Forte played much longer for the Bears and didn't show signs of mental illness at the end of his term there. The Bears had far more of a reason to be faithful to Forte than the Bills had to be faithful to Richie.

And if you seriously think he would still be on this team if we'd paid him, than there is seriously something wrong with your thought process. He threatened people with gun violence and told the cops he was working for the government and yet also being surveilled and persecuted by the government.

Seriously you are absolutely wrong that he'd still be playing. Totally wrong. Serious, serious problems for Richie. I wish him the best in his recovery. But at this point it's clear you're either trolling here or just wacko on this issue, so if your next reply is as bizarre as this one, I'll consider my work here done.

7 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...what is tremendously sad is that close friends, etc have reached out pleading for him to get help, all falling on deaf ears.....the first major step is to admit "yes I need help", easier said than done...Augie, you know this all too well my friend as do I with my late brother.....he reached out, I got him help, but his expected results did not come quick enough, ending in tragedy....I'm sure we both hope Richie does not have a tragic ending as well...........

It really is sad.

And I'm sorry to hear about your brother.

And as I look back at this thread, I'm pretty convinced Sky Diver is trolling. Which is outright sad and rude, based on what the issue is.

17 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

And as I look back at this thread, I'm pretty convinced Sky Diver is trolling. Which is outright sad and rude, based on what the issue is.

I'm convinced too.  What a coincidence.

[This is an automated response]

This topic is no longer contributing positively to the community and therefore the discussion has been closed.

Thank you.