Richie is badly missed!

PUNT750

2 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

We would be watching a better product if Richie was on the field. Boo boo for us.

or richie would have gone off the deep end which he does every so often, and the bills would be paying for it.  richie is a sick guy.  i know you think it's the bills fault, but his history shows and ebb and tide to his health.  

On 10/2/2018 at 8:39 PM, BillsRdue said:

I do think the whole thing sucks and the Bills were cheap-ass losers in this deal. We should have not tried to make him take a payout. 

He could have just said no and that would have been the end of it. Why can't people understand that. The bills didn't put a gun to his head and make him sign a new contract. Richie happily signed the new deal then went nuts a few days later.

On 10/3/2018 at 9:09 AM, Peter said:

Although there is no way to know 100%, I believe that Richie would have been just fine and performing at the same level as last year if McBeane did not initiate a pay cut. While on the team, Richie was a good citizen, teammate, and excellent player (pro bowl).  The structure of the team really helped him.  

There was little reason to initiate a pay cut with Richie.  The line (especially Dawkins), our QB, and Shady have suffered as a result of this and other decisions.   It would have been nice to give our rookie QB a better offensive line - especially given how raw he is and how many assets we gave up to get him.  I dare say that Josh and Shady would be much better off with an offensive line that included Cordy and Richie.  

Just my two cents.

Excellent player, yes!  Good citizen and teammate, it seemed so but we're there warning signs that were starting to show up?  Could little things have started to show up that might have factored into asking him to take a pay cut?  Did Richie just suddenly snap over the course of a few weeks of contract negotiations?  It has to make you wonder.  I don't know but it is possible.  

Just my two cents.

54 minutes ago, teef said:

or richie would have gone off the deep end which he does every so often, and the bills would be paying for it.  richie is a sick guy.  i know you think it's the bills fault, but his history shows and ebb and tide to his health.  

He was okay three years ago when they signed him? If the Bills thought something was amiss, why didn’t they cut him?

There is a risk with any player due to injury or mental breakdown. Who would have suspected Zay Jones?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sky Diver said:

He was okay three years ago when they signed him? If the Bills thought something was amiss, why didn’t they cut him?

There is a risk with any player due to injury or mental breakdown. Who would have suspected Zay Jones?

sure. he may have been stable at this point.  maybe he started acting strange over the last season, and the bills made a decision to keep him at a price they felt was worth it for him, and let richie make the decision, which he did, (i'm obviously speculating here).  who knows what really happened.  i just don't put anything richie does on the bills.  he's proven many, many times that his problems aren't bills related.

i think the zay jones thing has been over blown by fans, unless he's had a history of doing this.  he may have taken something strange and reacted.  as his luck would have it, he was recorded.  

1 hour ago, teef said:

sure. he may have been stable at this point.  maybe he started acting strange over the last season, and the bills made a decision to keep him at a price they felt was worth it for him, and let richie make the decision, which he did, (i'm obviously speculating here).  who knows what really happened.  i just don't put anything richie does on the bills.  he's proven many, many times that his problems aren't bills related.

i think the zay jones thing has been over blown by fans, unless he's had a history of doing this.  he may have taken something strange and reacted.  as his luck would have it, he was recorded.  

I’m pretty sure there is a post season physical. If there were any issues, it should have come up then. If not, the Bills need to scrutinize their medical staff.

2 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

I’m pretty sure there is a post season physical. If there were any issues, it should have come up then. If not, the Bills need to scrutinize their medical staff.

i'm going to doubt that there's a psychological evaluation as part of any team physical.

1 minute ago, Sky Diver said:

It’s unreasonable that he was mentally deranged and the team doctors, staff, and other players didn’t detect it.

Not if he was taking prescribed medication, of which I'm pretty certain team doctors were aware of.  He didn't go batshit until after the season ended.

4 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

It’s unreasonable that he was mentally deranged and the team doctors, staff, and other players didn’t detect it.

mental illness doesn't necessarily work that way. the guy is sick, and on top of that, he's not the greatest person on earth.  there must have been something there for the bills to want to reduce his salary.  richie and his agent had every chance to say no and they didn't.  as off as richie is, he's not unintelligent.  he could have very well have said no and moved on.  it was his choice.  

8 minutes ago, teef said:

mental illness doesn't necessarily work that way. the guy is sick, and on top of that, he's not the greatest person on earth.  there must have been something there for the bills to want to reduce his salary.  richie and his agent had every chance to say no and they didn't.  as off as richie is, he's not unintelligent.  he could have very well have said no and moved on.  it was his choice.  

I don’t think that the contract offer had anything to do with his mental state. A mentally deranged person isn’t a bargain at any price. They were just playing hardball with him.

Edited by Sky Diver

3 hours ago, teef said:

Does he have a arrest record or is he just a hot headed party guy with a short fuse....I know he blocks very well,pro bowl like.

On 10/2/2018 at 8:21 PM, PUNT750 said:

Without Incognito the Bills OL has no push and no nastiness.  Dawkins has regressed without Richie next door and Groy, who replaced Wood last season due to injury, can't even start anymore.  All over about $3.5 mil in yearly cash earnings for a 3 time All-Pro who started all 49 games in that time period for the Bills.  He was a physical & emotional leader. 

No wonder Richie has had some freak-out sessions after his forced retirement!  Crazy for the Bills and him!

You have no one to blame but yourself Mr Incognito. If you are longing for the 'Good ol Days', i have a Color Rush jersey of yours thats much to big you are welcome to if you wanna play 'football guys' in the bubble bath or something. Just HMU and its yours!!

7 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

You have no one to blame but yourself Mr Incognito. If you are longing for the 'Good ol Days', i have a Color Rush jersey of yours thats much to big you are welcome to if you wanna play 'football guys' in the bubble bath or something. Just HMU and its yours!!

Too bad for fans. Our two guards are terrible.

2 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

In 2015 the Bills flew Richie Incognito to Buffalo for talks.

It was reported and later confirmed that even the Pegulas were involved concerning RIs past.

A 1 year 1.1 million dollar "show me you have changed" contract was signed.

Richie praised the Bills for giving him another chance.  Richie played well.

The following season Richie signed a generous 3 year contract with Buffalo.

He kept his word to the Pegulas for 2 full seasons UNTIL the Jags Playoff game.

He was accused and later apologized for making "racial slurs" on the field.

The NFL was investigating the issue (it was in all the papers).

With Richie under investigation and breaking his promise to the Pegulas the Bills could of outright cut him.

Instead a "restructured" contract was agreed to by the Bills, his agent and signed by himself.

It was reported that Richie had some episodes in OBD and "bad mouthed" the organization and Pegulas.

He then "retired" due to illness.  Bills released him.

Please don't let any facts influence your rant.

8 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

In 2015 the Bills flew Richie Incognito to Buffalo for talks.

It was reported and later confirmed that even the Pegulas were involved concerning RIs past.

A 1 year 1.1 million dollar "show me you have changed" contract was signed.

Richie praised the Bills for giving him another chance.  Richie played well.

The following season Richie signed a generous 3 year contract with Buffalo.

He kept his word to the Pegulas for 2 full seasons UNTIL the Jags Playoff game.

He was accused and later apologized for making "racial slurs" on the field.

The NFL was investigating the issue (it was in all the papers).

With Richie under investigation and breaking his promise to the Pegulas the Bills could of outright cut him.

Instead a "restructured" contract was agreed to by the Bills, his agent and signed by himself.

It was reported that Richie had some episodes in OBD and "bad mouthed" the organization and Pegulas.

He then "retired" due to illness.  Bills released him.

Please don't let any facts influence your rant.

Alleged racial slurs. What was the alleged punishment and where is the alleged apology?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/22/report-richie-incognito-wont-be-punished-for-alleged-racial-slurs/

He was unhappy with the contract and fired his agent. You conveniently left that out.

Edited by Sky Diver

7 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Alleged racial slurs. What was the alleged punishment and where is the alleged apology?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/22/report-richie-incognito-wont-be-punished-for-alleged-racial-slurs/

He was unhappy with the contract and fired his agent. You conveniently left that out.

Once again don't let facts influence your rant.

His "firing" of his agent was the beginning of his breakdown.

As your link reports it was looking like he was not going to be punished by the NFL.

Then reports came out that he might.

Buffalo Bills guard Richie Incognito told TheMMQB.com that he apologized Wednesday to Jacksonville Jaguars defensive end Yannick Ngakoue after Ngakoue accused Incognito of using racial slurs in their Jan. 7 playoff game.

#NFL spokesman says league's investigation into Richie Incognito playoff-game exchange is "not done" and that the matter "remains under review."

7:59 PM - 22 Jan 2018