Richie is badly missed!

PUNT750

57 minutes ago, PUNT750 said:

Without Incognito the Bills OL has no push and no nastiness.  Dawkins has regressed without Richie next door and Groy, who replaced Wood last season due to injury, can't even start anymore.  All over about $3.5 mil in yearly cash earnings for a 3 time All-Pro who started all 49 games in that time period for the Bills.  He was a physical & emotional leader. 

No wonder Richie has had some freak-out sessions after his forced retirement!  Crazy for the Bills and him!

I really felt like Richie was a feel-good redemption story with the Bills, and loved what he brought everyday. Definitely what the line needed (needs). However, I also think it’s pretty obvious he has a lot of issues that can’t be blamed on the Bills as an organization. Mental instability that I really hope he gets the treatment for that he needs. This may be a bridge too far, but would it shock anyone if at some point down the road some of that is discovered to have come from a lifetime of playing football, that he is one of the unlucky ones?

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Shady offered to pony up his own money to get Richie back. Would you do that for a crazy person?

How is it erratic behavior to fire your agent for not negotiating well for you?

That seems like perfectly sensible behavior to me.

If he was worth the $$$ he would have a job today. His mental status, sadly, makes his market value ZERO at this point. 

1 minute ago, Sky Diver said:

I'll ask the same question, does loyalty mean anything to you?

I’ll ask you this question in return: what do you think is reasonable loyalty in this situation?  All things considered. 

He was on our team and under contract, and HE walked away.....hoping (under some delusion) to get a better deal. WE were his best option, and HE walked away. He’s got to focus on mental wellness and the rest matters very little. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I’ll ask you this question in return: what do you think is reasonable loyalty in this situation?  All things considered. 

I think I've made that clear, the Bills shouldn't have cut his salary.

Time for you to answer. Does loyalty mean anything to you?

1 hour ago, PUNT750 said:

Without Incognito the Bills OL has no push and no nastiness.  Dawkins has regressed without Richie next door and Groy, who replaced Wood last season due to injury, can't even start anymore.  All over about $3.5 mil in yearly cash earnings for a 3 time All-Pro who started all 49 games in that time period for the Bills.  He was a physical & emotional leader. 

No wonder Richie has had some freak-out sessions after his forced retirement!  Crazy for the Bills and him!

1 hour ago, BillsRdue said:

Who knows what pushed him over the edge, but unfortunately he's way over now. We really, really miss his presence on our line.  

I agree. I still don't get why, of all the players on the roster, the Bills had to offer Incognito a paycut while he had basically overdelivered on the football side. Since, he's clearly have become unfit not only for football but for normal life until he is taken care of. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jerome007 said:

I agree. I still don't get why, of all the players on the roster, the Bills had to offer Incognito a paycut while he had basically overdelivered on the football side. Since, he's clearly have become unfit not only for football but for normal life until he is taken care of. 

He over delivered for 3 yrs at a bargain price.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

I think I've made that clear, the Bills shouldn't have cut his salary.

Time for you to answer. Does loyalty mean anything to you?

You can be very tiresome. Teams cut players salaries all the time. He had the option to decline. But he agreed. Done deal, then he freaked, because he’s not stable. The Bills might have won that, as nobody needs unstable people in the room. Who is lining up to sign the guy? 

As for loyalty, I’m 100% loyal to my wife. I am loyal to family as long as they hold up their end. If they don’t hold up their end, they are on their own. Football is a business, and I’m loyal to a point, but never lose sight of the fact that it’s a business. 

Throw out loyal, and insert compassion, and I’m all over it! But don’t confuse the two. 

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

You can be very tiresome. Teams cut players salaries all the time. He had the option to decline. But he agreed. Done deal, then he freaked, because he’s not stable. The Bills might have won that, as nobody needs unstable people in the room. Who is lining up to sign the guy? 

As for loyalty, I’m 100% loyal to my wife. I am loyal to family as long as they hold up their end. If they don’t hold up their end, they are on their own. Football is a business, and I’m loyal to a point, but never lose sight of the fact that it’s a business. 

Throw out loyal, and insert compassion, and I’m all over it! But don’t confuse the two. 

Being loyal to your employees is bad for business? It's better to treat your employees like pieces of meat? That's good for business? It's the type of organization you would like to work for and pour your heart into?

I would argue that being disloyal to your employees is really bad for business in the long run.

Edited by Sky Diver
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sky Diver said:

Being loyal to your employees is bad for business? It's better to treat your employees like pieces of meat?

I disagree.

You’re right, we should give everyone a max deal. 

I’d try to find the guy help. He needs it. 

I’ll just move on now unless you actually provide some substantive, rational argument/thought. That last post was pathetically weak. 

• Like (+1) 2

If Allen gets severely injured because of the poor guard play, how wise will the $3.5M in savings on Rochie’s contract look.

Plus, you don’t think current players and future free agents didn’t see what the Bills pulled? Don’t whine when we can’t attract top free agents, or we have to overpay to get them to come here.

The Bills were penny wise, pound foolish with Richie.

21 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I really felt like Richie was a feel-good redemption story with the Bills, and loved what he brought everyday. Definitely what the line needed (needs). However, I also think it’s pretty obvious he has a lot of issues that can’t be blamed on the Bills as an organization. Mental instability that I really hope he gets the treatment for that he needs. This may be a bridge too far, but would it shock anyone if at some point down the road some of that is discovered to have come from a lifetime of playing football, that he is one of the unlucky ones?

Mic drop post for me. Couldn't have put it any better.

I bought into the feel-good redemption story his second time through Buffalo hook, line and sinker. Wish he and we were still on that path, but something is clearly amiss. I wish him and those close to him all the best. He's made some disturbing headlines since last season ended.

16 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Being loyal to your employees is bad for business? It's better to treat your employees like pieces of meat? That's good for business? It's the type of organization you would like to work for and pour your heart into?

I would argue that being disloyal to your employees is really bad for business in the long run.

I imagine thats about as asinine a reply as you could have come up with

• Like (+1) 2

I think there is a Madden mentality. 

Football isn’t a video game, and business is more than just bean counting.

Just now, NoSaint said:

I imagine thats about as asinine a reply as you could have come up with

It’s asinine to be loyal to your employees and to treat them well? Where did you learn that management strategy?

I suppose that you perform your best when you feel you or your co-workers are being mistreated?

5 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

I think there is a Madden mentality. 

Football isn’t a video game, and business is more than just bean counting.

It’s asinine to be loyal to your employees and to treat them well? Where did you learn that management strategy?

I suppose that you perform your best when you feel you or your co-workers are being mistreated?

It’s not that loyalty is a bad quality. It’s that I’m pretty sure you bashed one of the most kind hearted and compassionate guys on the board for being cold because he believes in compassion over blind loyalty. You consistently let your desire to argue impede reasonable discussion 

• Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

He had another year on his contract with the Bills so I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Does loyalty mean anything to you?

What are you talking about. The Bills told him that he had to take a pay cut in order to stay. Excluding whatever bonus he got when he signed it is a year to year contract.He declined to do so. So he decided to retire. The team then allowed him to be cut loose so he could hook up with another team. No team was interested in him. In that same offseason period he got into a rage in a gym where he threw a dumb bell at another client for no reason. He was arrested. In that same offseason the police were called in by the funeral home where his father was at rest because he went into a rage for some delusional reason. You may not be aware of the obvious but he is a very troubled person. 

As far as the issue of loyalty---- get real. This is the NFL where player and team loyalty are nearly non-existent. It is a cold=blooded business that a veteran like Incognito is well acquainted with. You are creating a nonexistent reality to support your position that has little to do with what actually happened. You may know a lot about what is happening with the Crimson Tide but with respect to the Incognito situation you are far out of your lane.