2018 Head Coach Rankings

8 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

They've already had three of those and they've only played four games.

I'm talking 47-3 beatdowns. They haven't had 3 of those. The defense stepped up and the O did something in the 2nd half of the Chargers game. Despite the score of the GB game the D wasn't terrible. The offense was inept and Allen played like a rookie. If you think McDermott is on the "hot seat" then you are sadly mistaken my friend. He just coached an average team into the playoffs for the first time in 18 years about 10 months ago no matter how it went down. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Oh ok, thanks. I thought for sure the Chargers and Packers kicked their asses as well but apparently not. Must have been barn-burners. My mistake!

You can weep and wail all you want. McDermott isn't going anywhere any time soon. He broke the playoff drought in his first year. He is going to have have at least a couple more seasons.

3 minutes ago, McBean said:

Hue Jackson at 14 is the funniest thing I’ve seen all year.

I would consider firing him even if the Browns made the playoffs. He is quite obviously a poor coach.

2 hours ago, MJS said:

You can weep and wail all you want. McDermott isn't going anywhere any time soon. He broke the playoff drought in his first year. He is going to have have at least a couple more seasons.

I would consider firing him even if the Browns made the playoffs. He is quite obviously a poor coach.

Possibly re Hue.....but the Browns would kick our butts this year, glad we dont have to see that.

1 hour ago, RFL said:

Possibly re Hue.....but the Browns would kick our butts this year, glad we dont have to see that.

I don't think that's necessarily true. So far the Bills have only played really good teams (might be a stretch including the Ravens in that, but they are tough at home). Who knows how they would play against the middle of the road or less teams?

I want to defend McDermott but the effort just hasn't been there. He might be a one year wonder and now the guys are tuning his message out. Hope not, but Beane and McDermott might have to go. This is an important off-season and if these guys aren't the right ones we might be looking at another 17 years

5 hours ago, swnybillsfan said:

i don't know...isn't Beane just Doing the coach's bidding? or aren't they at least "in lock step"? i definitely get the impression that this team is being torn apart and will eventually be built up in McDermott's image. and as long as he spends serious, serious time, effort and resources on the offense next year, i am fine with that.

I feel similarly, but also feel like we’re playing Russian roulette with Allen’s ACLs very week he goes out there with the cupboard so bare in terms of his protection...just have to get him through this year in one piece! 

3 hours ago, McBean said:

Hue Jackson at 14 is the funniest thing I’ve seen all year.

How that guy has lasted winning 2 games in however many seasons shows that the Browns do not judge their staff on a merit based set of criteria. How else can it be explained? And don’t tell me it’s a talent issue too, because they have consistently had top 5 draft picks and have had wads of cash for FA signings during his tenure. They almost can win now in spite of him, because of this. Mayfield will probably keep Hue there regardless, for the next 10 years though provided he’s at least serviceable.

6 hours ago, MJS said:

I don't think that's necessarily true. So far the Bills have only played really good teams (might be a stretch including the Ravens in that, but they are tough at home). Who knows how they would play against the middle of the road or less teams?

Schedule this year so far has definitely not done us any favors! Also don’t understand how we ended up with such a skewed home/road location differential to start the year from the powers that be.

6 hours ago, MJS said:

The Ravens have the best record of any team they have played.

Edited by vincec

7 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I feel similarly, but also feel like we’re playing Russian roulette with Allen’s ACLs very week he goes out there with the cupboard so bare in terms of his protection...just have to get him through this year in one piece! 

there are certainly times that he is under heavy pressure very, very quickly. but there are also a lot of times he seems to be spinning and running right into pressure. i think he needs to learn to operate under pressure and "win from the pocket". be needs to work through his progressions quickly, recognize coverages and blitzes, and know where his hot reads are. but yes, i am also hoping there is no significant injury during this on the job training.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, MJS said:

Oh yes, I can barely type with all this weeping and wailing I’m doing. Just call me Brett Kavenaugh! ??

If McDermott and his latest choice for OC aren’t able to get something more out of Allen this season then it would be a tremendous mistake to not replace him with an innovative offensive mind. Otherwise, Allen will bust and Beane will be fired with McDermott a couple years later. That’s just the truth.

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 8:32 PM, MJS said:

You can weep and wail all you want. McDermott isn't going anywhere any time soon. He broke the playoff drought in his first year. He is going to have at least a couple more seasons.

Yea, that's what they said about Rex Ryan too.

These owners want a competitive team that can contend with the Patriots and while backing into the playoffs last year was exciting. These owners understand the difference between winning the division and barely eeking out a wildcard berth.

So far this team has taken huge steps backward this year and although it's only been four games it's been basically three blowouts. With the offense so abysmal and not because of the rookie QB. That rookie is being asked to should the entire offense because the run game doesn't work, the receivers stink, the offensive line stinks. Not even a veteran QB would do with this mess of an offense. 2013 the Atlanta Falcons had Matt Ryan, Julio, Roddy White, Tony Gonzalaz and went still 4-12. Just sayin.

If the blowouts continue without some changes by the HC to that offense. I think the Pegula's make a change at some point this year or after the year. This is a performance-based business and these owners want to win. JMO

On 10/2/2018 at 3:35 PM, Wayne Arnold said:

Can you say hot seat?

Based on what? Some idiotic Internet ranking?  Last year he was a coach of the year candidate.  Hopefully Bills ownership is a bit more  savvy than to place any stock in the opinions of random internet bloggers or fickle fans.

1 hour ago, JMF2006 said:

Sure looks like a  `your a great coach if your team is winning`list.

Exactly.  Moronic.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

Yea, that's what they said about Rex Ryan too.

These owners want a competitive team that can contend with the Patriots and while backing into the playoffs last year was exciting. These owners understand the difference between winning the division and barely eeking out a wildcard berth.

So far this team has taken huge steps backward this year and although it's only been four games it's been basically three blowouts. With the offense so abysmal and not because of the rookie QB. That rookie is being asked to should the entire offense because the run game doesn't work, the receivers stink, the offensive line stinks. Not even a veteran QB would do with this mess of an offense. 2013 the Atlanta Falcons had Matt Ryan, Julio, Roddy White, Tony Gonzalaz and went still 4-12. Just sayin.

If the blowouts continue without some changes by the HC to that offense. I think the Pegula's make a change at some point this year or after the year. This is a performance-based business and these owners want to win. JMO

That's NOT what they said about Rex Ryan. Rex didn't break the playoff drought. He didn't do a single positive thing of note in Buffalo. McDermott HAS.

And I don't believe that you know anything about the owners. My assumption is that they believe in their hiring of McDermott and Beane and want to give them ample time, especially since theyade the playoffs in their very first year.

• Like (+1) 1