Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to be Bills Fans

SoTier

1 minute ago, teef said:

i have passion and enjoy the game.  i still buy tickets in the clubs and spend money on the team.  i just don't let it bother me if they're not good.  that's the difference.  i chose to invest my time and money in the team, and if i get sick of them, i just stop.  adult decisions.  

Well, you have the patience of a saint! If we don't turn it around eventually though, you will not have a team to root for.

16 minutes ago, teef said:

i love the bills.  i love discussing the team, going to the games with friends, or watching quietly on sundays.  the difference  is how i react when the bills play poorly, which has been the majority of my life...i move on.  i can't change the bills, so i just stop watching.  i honestly haven't let the bills upset me in years.  it's a sport for chirst sake.  i didn't even watch a chunk of the 4th quarter last week because it was more productive for me to shower.  see how easy it is?

on top of that, the op is 68 and lets it get to him.  my dad is 78, still has is own office, goes to work full time, cruises around in a z06 corvette, and just enjoys life.  why?  because he tells me there's too little of it left not to.  do you think he makes himself upset if the bills lose?  of course not.  the man has a life.

thank you.

I see your point, but I also accept that others aren’t able to self regulate as easily.

26 minutes ago, teef said:

also for the record, i have a 3 yr old daughter, and a 4 month old son. both will be brought up to be bills fans.  both will also be raised as emotionally stable, successful adults, that don't let a pro team, of which they have no control, effect their lives in any way.  

My son said he wanted to be a Bills fan and I sold him to a Merchant in Pakistan.

• Haha (+1) 1

I will always be a bills fan. But being a Bills fan, doesn't mean I need to watch every single game, or listen to bills talk radio 7 days a week. It doesn't mean getting season tickets. It just means you follow the team. If the team is going to suck this bad, as they have shown so far, I probably will stop watching games. I'll check the score on my phone, but that's about it. That's where I have been with the sabres the last few years. Its ok, you don't have to stop being a bills fan entirely. It also is ok to pick a 2nd team to route for, a band wagon to follow for this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

I see your point, but I also accept that others aren’t able to self regulate as easily.

i agree.  those are the ones who are creating thread after thread about who the bills should have taken, and firing the staff in their second year.

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

My son said he wanted to be a Bills fan and I sold him to a Merchant in Pakistan.

this **** is dark.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

I will always be a bills fan. But being a Bills fan, doesn't mean I need to watch every single game, or listen to bills talk radio 7 days a week. It doesn't mean getting season tickets. It just means you follow the team. If the team is going to suck this bad, as they have shown so far, I probably will stop watching games. I'll check the score on my phone, but that's about it. That's where I have been with the sabres the last few years. Its ok, you don't have to stop being a bills fan entirely. It also is ok to pick a 2nd team to route for, a band wagon to follow for this year.

I'm with Wagon 127 on this, I check the scores but thats about it, I have a very active personal life and the Bills are not part of that. If they ever get good I'll watch the games I guess, I don't even have a TV setup at the moment to watch anything on TV, let alone the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Boo freaking Hoo.

The only joy some Bills fans get these days is when they troll other Bills fans, they get some sadistic joy out of it.

There are many fans that just don't even watch anymore, boo hoo all you want but you should be praying for a stadium otherwise we will not be in Buffalo in 10 years.

Just now, NewDayBills said:

The only joy some Bills fans get these days is when they troll other Bills fans, they get some sadistic joy out of it.

There are many fans that just don't even watch anymore, boo hoo all you want but you should be praying for a stadium otherwise we will not be in Buffalo in 10 years.

I think I heard the same **** you are spewing 15 years ago.

Remind me, where are the Bills playing today?

2 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

we've had this held over our heads long enough.  the bills are here unless the pegulas have a massive change of heart and sell the team.  i don't think kim would be down for that.  out of all the concerns i have for this team, moving isn't one of them.

1 minute ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I think I heard the same **** you are spewing 15 years ago.

Remind me, where are the Bills playing today?

15 years ago huh? We were only 5 years removed from being pretty relevant, we're going on 20 years of irrelevance. I wonder if we get moved, this is unsustainable, we are bleeding fans.

3 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

15 years ago huh? We were only 5 years removed from being pretty relevant, we're going on 20 years of irrelevance. I wonder if we get moved, this is unsustainable, we are bleeding fans.

Yeah, 15 years ago when the “when Ralph dies” crowd was spewing doom and gloom.

Bet you were one of them, huh?

Edited by Binghamton Beast

41 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

OP, I understand where you are coming from. I'm 61 now & went to the old Rock Pile to see the Bills.

In my 30's, 40's, and early part of my 50's - I got too emotionally involved in the Bills when they always looked terrible (except the 90's Bills).

I've learned to let it go, to keep my sanity and stress level down. With the Packer's game Sunday, I actually turned off the game and watch some 1960's western movie.

The movie was very enjoyable.

Good strategy.  I'm a 59 yr old fan for 50 years. After watching Mahomes last night and wishing for a different outcome,  I just don't know how much longer I can be that obsessed Bill's fan. Maybe like others have suggested just take a step back. Watch from afar. Reduce the stress and play more golf & fish. I've passionately followed my UCLA football team for the same time period and I'm tired of them too.  Tired of waiting.  There's gotta be  more to life than this.  A good John Wayne movie is better than this.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

2 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Yeah, 15 years ago when the “when Ralph dies” crowd.

Bet you were one of them, huh?

No, I was a teenager then, I watched every game with my Dad. After 15 years of drought, family get togethers on Sunday eventually died down.

Edited by NewDayBills
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Fan in San Diego said:

I'm with Wagon 127 on this, I check the scores but thats about it, I have a very active personal life and the Bills are not part of that. If they ever get good I'll watch the games I guess, I don't even have a TV setup at the moment to watch anything on TV, let alone the Bills.

So wait, you dont watch the team's games because of your very active personal life, however you find time to visit a Bills specific message-board to discuss a team you dont watch?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

You just can’t let it get to you.  Focus on you’re family and work. I turned off too. In the 3rd quarter and I have the ticket as well. I just couldn’t watch it anymore.

i certainly hope we improve, but the is Allen’s year to. Develop.  As everyone knows, we have no line nor WR Corp.  we just have to hopeAllen learns from his mistakes.