2018 MLB Playoffs

Mark Vader

Just wanted to say it was really, really enjoyable watching the Yankees' failed comeback last night.  They kept showing kids and various fans in the crowd getting all excited as the Yankees made the bottom of the 9th interesting.

And then the game ended and the Yankees' season ended too.

So enjoyable.  The looks of pain on the faces of all the animals in the Bronx Zoo.  

Just great fun and dare I say, even a little heart warming.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Just wanted to say it was really, really enjoyable watching the Yankees' failed comeback last night.  They kept showing kids and various fans in the crowd getting all excited as the Yankees made the bottom of the 9th interesting.

So enjoyable.  The looks of pain on the faces of all the animals in the Bronx Zoo.  

I think my favorite part was when A-Rod 2.0 struck out.

15 hours ago, row_33 said:

And not a second more will be spent on the playoffs

Baseball has to find a way so that people will watch even if their team or the Yankees aren’t playing, cause they lose 90 percent of the potential audience with this format if those two are out.

And they know it

I would think that baseball is regional no matter who is involved.

I think that the 2000 WS was the worst rated of all time, even with two NY teams involved.

So the Yankee theory doesn't hold much water. But I don't know for sure.

7 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I would think that baseball is regional no matter who is involved.

I think that the 2000 WS was the worst rated of all time, even with two NY teams involved.

So the Yankee theory doesn't hold much water. But I don't know for sure.

The 2000 WS was also incredibly lopsided.  It wasn't a good series at all.

23 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I think the 2000 WS was the third straight Yankees romp in the WS. So, I don't know how the previous two WS TV ratings were affected.

On 10/10/2018 at 2:56 PM, Fadingpain said:

I look forward to watching the Astros spank the Red Sox.  I will tune in for all of those games.

On 10/10/2018 at 5:16 PM, njbuff said:

I think the 2000 WS was the third straight Yankees romp in the WS. So, I don't know how the previous two WS TV ratings were affected.

Yes, I believe the Yankees entered the 2000 WS with eight consecutive WS wins.  Mets broke the streak .... and poked the bear in doing so.

On 10/10/2018 at 1:50 PM, Gugny said:

Might have been if Timo Perez hadn't been jogging from first base on Zeile's hit.  But hey, why would a rookie go all out in the World Series?

• Sad 1

On 10/3/2018 at 2:11 PM, 707BillsFan said:

A's fan here. Pretty much playing on house money at this point. Nobody expected us to be here. 97 wins later, we're in and hoping to wreak havoc. 

I'm an Astros fan. You guys had a hell of a year. If someone told me in April that you were the team I'd have to keep a close eye on, I would have laughed. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I'm an Astros fan. You guys had a hell of a year. If someone told me in April that you were the team I'd have to keep a close eye on, I would have laughed. 

It was a fun season. I figured they'd be a .500 team this season, moving toward the 2019 season where they'd contend. Solid base, but the future pitching (or lack  there of) scares me a bit. We'll see. Id' like to say good luck, but the Astros are no longer that fun lovable team. If they keep the team intact.  they might be a roadblock in the AL West for years to come. 

A lot of game to go so no guarantees but they just mentioned this on the broadcast. The Brew Crew is inching closer to a 12 game win streak and a free burger promotion that dates back to the 1940's:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2018/10/11/thanks-year-old-prediction-brewers-win-friday-means-free-burgers-all-wisconsin/?utm_term=.d70c9763d38b

Front Row Amy is quite the MILF/Cougar!

Counsell cooked Hader yesterday for 3 innings and wasn’t available tonight and Justin Turner sure made him pay for that today. LAD got the split they needed but Brewers coulda had a commanding 2-0 lead in this series. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Tierlifer said:

Front Row Amy is quite the MILF/Cougar!

Counsell cooked Hader yesterday for 3 innings and wasn’t available tonight and Justin Turner sure made him pay for that today. LAD got the split they needed but Brewers coulda had a commanding 2-0 lead in this series. 

And it sounds like his starter was on cruise control and then he yanks him after 5 2/3?   I can't stand the idiocy that rules managing decisions in the modern era.

If I don't get to watch Front Row Amy in the WS, I hold Counsell responsible!

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, KD in CA said:

And it sounds like his starter was on cruise control and then he yanks him after 5 2/3?   I can't stand the idiocy that rules managing decisions in the modern era.

If I don't get to watch Front Row Amy in the WS, I hold Counsell responsible!

You and I should storm Miller Park with torches and pitchforks if that happens!

Yeah he got away with some of those similar moves vs an inferior Rox team in the NLDS. I still think the Brewers can win this series because of their pen and they won the Kershaw game. Might take 7 but I think they can.

Astros showed last night they are the team to beat in the AL despite Boston’s 108 regular season wins. If it’s LA/Houston in the WS again, is that the first WS rematch since the Dodgers/Yanks from the late 70s?

16 minutes ago, Tierlifer said:

You and I should storm Miller Park with torches and pitchforks if that happens!

Yeah he got away with some of those similar moves vs an inferior Rox team in the NLDS. I still think the Brewers can win this series because of their pen and they won the Kershaw game. Might take 7 but I think they can.

Astros showed last night they are the team to beat in the AL despite Boston’s 108 regular season wins. If it’s LA/Houston in the WS again, is that the first WS rematch since the Dodgers/Yanks from the late 70s?

Brewers pen sucked yesterday.  They should have just started every batter with a 3-1 count to save time.