2018 MLB Playoffs

Mark Vader

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

Good games last night

Except the Dodgers/Braves game unless your  Kershaw fan. This entire Braves series has been a snooze fest and has absolutely zero drama or juice to it. The Braves took advantage of a very weak NL East and are totally being exposed pretenders. 

Let’s see if Price can finally exercise his post season and Yankee demons tonight. I think he comes up small again tonight but who knows .

1 minute ago, Tierlifer said:

Except the Dodgers/Braves game unless your  Kershaw fan. This entire Braves series has been a snooze fest and has absolutely zero drama or juice to it. The Braves took advantage of a very weak NL East and are totally being exposed pretenders. 

Let’s see if Price can finally exercise his post season and Yankee demons tonight. I think he comes up small again tonight but who knows .

Thats makes it like 21 of 22 playoff appearance by Atlanta where they got squashed?  How can I get my team into such a cupcake division like Atlanta has always been a part of?

Games change when Boston has to go to the bullpen

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Thats makes it like 21 of 22 playoff appearance by Atlanta where they got squashed?  How can I get my team into such a cupcake division like Atlanta has always been a part of?

Games change when Boston has to go to the bullpen

As a diehard Met fan, this is why I am so pissed these owners and FO are wasting away this pitching like this and surrounding them when scraps! This division is weak. 

29 minutes ago, Tierlifer said:

Is Price going to take his demons to Planet Fitness? ?

• Haha (+1) 1

If ever there was a team primed to repeat as a champion............. the Astros are it.

Meanwhile the pressure up in Boston must be immense. 

Do the Red Sox have the heart of a champion or were their 108 wins a big farce? We will find out.

I am sure MLB doesn't want it, but an Astros-Brewers WS would be a lot of fun to watch.

2 hours ago, Hurricane said:

Agree... last night was a nightmare...

...for some people, yes.

I told my wife (Mets fan) that by the seventh inning, the Stadium looked like Citi Field in mid-July last night. 

This game is far from over.  I've seen this Yankee team come back in late innings a lot this season.  

14 minutes ago, snafu said:

...for some people, yes.

I told my wife (Mets fan) that by the seventh inning, the Stadium looked like Citi Field in mid-July last night

This game is far from over.  I've seen this Yankee team come back in late innings a lot this season.  

As a Mets fan,  I concur on all counts. 

As enjoyable as last night was (in a highly vindictive, douchey and jealous way) I'd rather see the nail-biter game. Yanks/Sawx have had some great ones. 

• Like (+1) 1

And not a second more will be spent on the playoffs

Baseball has to find a way so that people will watch even if their team or the Yankees aren’t playing, cause they lose 90 percent of the potential audience with this format if those two are out.

And they know it

8 hours ago, row_33 said:

And not a second more will be spent on the playoffs

Baseball has to find a way so that people will watch even if their team or the Yankees aren’t playing, cause they lose 90 percent of the potential audience with this format if those two are out.

And they know it

No playoff format will change things if you dont watch games your favorite team isnt in just like pretty much every sport. There are people who love the game and will watch other games or just the playoffs, but the majority arent going to sit down every night to watch games their team isnt in.

Even in football playoffs, most people will watch the Super Bowl no matter who's playing, by an AFC wildcard game? Much less.

Until baseball is able to balance the league so it's not always the same teams dominating the league and collecting the top players, they wont attract casual fans to watch regularly. Sure you get the occasional small market club getting to the wild card game or divisional series like the Rockies or As, but usually they arent making it that far. 

The only thing that could have made the playoffs better would have been the Red Sox and Yankees both being swallowed up into a giant sink hole and neither team moving forward or existing anymore.

8 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

The only thing that could have made the playoffs better would have been the Red Sox and Yankees both being swallowed up into a giant sink hole and neither team moving forward or existing anymore.

They could replay that every night for a month and I would watch it every time...

Edited by ricojes