Who hates the 10 minute OT?

Overtime  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the 10minute OT?

2. 2. Do you want the old OT with 2 quarters?

3. 3. Do you want something else? Specify in the comments.

On 10/2/2018 at 10:33 AM, BillsRdue said:

I'm in the college rules boat. That OT is exciting and ends with a winner.

They'll have to do something about the stat measurement if they go that route because the college system WILDLY skews stats in a bad way for both team offenses and defenses as well as individual players.

There should be no room for ties in professional sports. I don’t want to spend hundreds to go to a game that they are ok with ending in a tie.

adopt the college football OT format or just play until there’s a winner.

Edited by CajunBillsBacker

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

I think it should be settled where each team chooses five players from their opponent to compete against in a Spelling Bee. 

pick the heaviest 2 guys from each team, tie their legs together and the pair that races from the 50 to the EZ the fastest wins

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

On 10/2/2018 at 12:48 AM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I want the old OT back.

Edit: I like this better - both teams start at the 5 yd line , get four downs to score, last team to score wins. If neither team scores they get a new set of downs.

(No extra points or field goals, just TDs)

Pretty much - I like the College OT of starting at the 20 and having four downs to score. And each team gets one chance regardless of how the first team did on offense.

This one full extra quarter with sudden death, but not really, is pretty terrible - even though it's just an extension of the game. I'm curious what the stats would be on this, but I wonder if there have been more OTs since the rule changes were implemented to favor offenses scoring, and limiting defenses. A tie in football is pretty terrible given the nature of the game week-to-week, and that you only have 16 of them.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, ctk232 said:

Pretty much - I like the College OT of starting at the 20 and having four downs to score. And each team gets one chance regardless of how the first team did on offense.

This one full extra quarter with sudden death, but not really, is pretty terrible - even though it's just an extension of the game. I'm curious what the stats would be on this, but I wonder if there have been more OTs since the rule changes were implemented to favor offenses scoring, and limiting defenses. A tie in football is pretty terrible given the nature of the game week-to-week, and that you only have 16 of them.

The first time I saw this live I was saying wtf are they doing 

first team JMU scored a TD for 7 the next team scored a TD and went for 2 and got the win. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The first time I saw this live I was saying wtf are they doing 

first team JMU scored a TD for 7 the next team scored a TD and went for 2 and got the win. 

Haha, sounds awesome to me - much better than watching a tie in a league where one game makes a considerable difference. While it's not a loss, it's not like you get a point for OT like in hockey.