Someone needs to be fired over Mahomes right now.

Klaista2k

13 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

There actually is not. Mahomes has 2 more career starts than Allen.

5 TD’s to 4 INT’s.

Oh and 700 yards passing. In two games. He’s been figured out!!!!!

It's hysterical. We want to drag down Mahomes for these performances (against an elite Jags D and the Pats in Foxborough), but we have to prop Josh Allen up when he's throwing for 80 yards on checkdowns. Is Allen not susceptible to this magical "tape" that every other QB has working against them? 

I said it before, but I'd be interested in the short list of QBs who have scored 20+ TDs in 6 games. It's probably a list of current elites and HOFers.  

One of these guys is mastering chess, the other is learning checkers. It's painfully obvious to even a casual fan. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany

2 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

There actually is not. Mahomes has 2 more career starts than Allen.

There is a world of difference.

Talk to any NFL veteran, and they'll tell you that the offseason in which you learn the most is that between your 1st and 2nd year.

Why?  Because it's actually your first offseason.  When you come into the league as a rookie, you've been practicing, training, and competing from August to December as a college player.  When that ends, you immediately begin training for the draft, which is a 3-1/2 month run of constant workouts, interviews, visits, studying, etc.  After the draft, you have about 2 weeks to get your bearings before you start rookie camp.  After that, you've got a week before OTAs begin, and that's when the off-season basically ends for NFL veterans. By the time a rookie completes their first NFL season in December, they've been in-season for about 17 consecutive months (and that's if they don't make the playoffs).

Are you going to seriously claim that there's not a big difference between having the opportunity to get a full 4 months away from the game to train in an NFL strength/conditioning program and reset yourself versus being on a 17-month go-go schedule?  Let alone claim that spending a full season not having to play while getting tutored by one of the best offensive coaches in the league is the same as what Allen is getting now--having to learn on the fly from a guy that's been a statistically-poor OC in every NFL stop?

11 hours ago, RosenNOTchosen1 said:

Imagine how good this team would be with Mahomes playing with this defense.

Just sad that we missed out. 

Probably still not any good because we have little to no talent on offense and don’t have Reid scheming and calling plays.

Edited by Bangarang

5 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

It's hysterical. We want to drag down Mahomes for these performances (against an elite Jags D and the Pats in Foxborough), but we have to prop Josh Allen up when he's throwing for 80 yards on checkdowns. I said it before, but I'd be interested in the short list of QBs who have scored 20+ TDs in 6 games. It's probably a list of current elites and HOFers. 

One of these guys is mastering chess, the other is learning checkers. It's painfully obvious to even a casual fan. 

Again look at the talent each is throwing to. 

Mahomes is very talebted and a future top 10 QB.. but right now he benefits from elite WR/RB/TE play. In other words they make him look good.

who does Allen have that is even semi close to Kelce,Hill or Hunt? 

10 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Again look at the talent each is throwing to. 

Mahomes is very talebted and a future top 10 QB.. but right now he benefits from elite WR/RB/TE play. In other words they make him look good.

who does Allen have that is even semi close to Kelce,Hill or Hunt? 

Mahomes looks elite because he has tremendous arm talent WITH accuracy, mobility, and a great understanding of the offense and its progressions. Allen has only showed us his mobility. 

Does he have some elite weapons? Sure. I think that's universally agreed on, but there really is no way to evaluate him without those players.  I don't think those playmakers have a dramatic effect  (ex. double the yardage/TDs) on his production. I would argue that, at best, they add 20%. 

If Mahomes only had 13 TDs, 1400 yards passing and 2 turnovers, he still would be a tremendous player at the position! 

Edited by TheElectricCompany

16 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Talk to any NFL veteran, and they'll tell you that the offseason in which you learn the most is that between your 1st and 2nd year.

Why?  Because it's actually your first offseason.  When you come into the league as a rookie, you've been practicing, training, and competing from August to December as a college player.  When that ends, you immediately begin training for the draft, which is a 3-1/2 month run of constant workouts, interviews, visits, studying, etc.  After the draft, you have about 2 weeks to get your bearings before you start rookie camp.  After that, you've got a week before OTAs begin, and that's when the off-season basically ends for NFL veterans. By the time a rookie completes their first NFL season in December, they've been in-season for about 17 consecutive months (and that's if they don't make the playoffs).

Are you going to seriously claim that there's not a big difference between having the opportunity to get a full 4 months away from the game to train in an NFL strength/conditioning program and reset yourself versus being on a 17-month go-go schedule?  Let alone claim that spending a full season not having to play while getting tutored by one of the best offensive coaches in the league is the same as what Allen is getting now--having to learn on the fly from a guy that's been a statistically-poor OC in every NFL stop?

That was just my bandit bat signal. Had to drag you away from your daughter somehow.

36 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Talent or no talent, sitting a year or not sitting a year there are throws Mahomes is making that Allen could not make in his dreams.  He simply is not capable.  I was bitterly disappointed on draft night when we traded down.  I could not believe that both Watson & Mahomes were sitting there for us.  I personally would of took Watson.  I loved the way Mahomes passed the ball but had questions about his footwork.  The other thing that bother me was that by KC trading up, the Bills had to know they were going for a QB & if Reid put his stamp on those QBs that would of been good enough to take my chances on one of them.  

What was your opinion on Allen coming out of college?  I watch a lot of college football & my opinion of him was he was not very good.  His accuracy was horrible.  I hope it works out but I did not like the pick.  I would of stood pat & hoped Rosen was still available.  Trading up I would of definitely took Rosen.  He is light years ahead of JA as a passer right now.  The injuries would of concerned me a bit.  I just don't get how time & time again NFL personal overlook accuracy as one of the main traits to look for in a QB.  The windows are so tight in the NFL, if you are not accurate you have no chance to succeed.  

2 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Talent or no talent, sitting a year or not sitting a year there are throws Mahomes is making that Allen could not make in his dreams.  He simply is not capable.  I was bitterly disappointed on draft night when we traded down.  I could not believe that both Watson & Mahomes were sitting there for us.  I personally would of took Watson.  I loved the way Mahomes passed the ball but had questions about his footwork.  The other thing that bother me was that by KC trading up, the Bills had to know they were going for a QB & if Reid put his stamp on those QBs that would of been good enough to take my chances on one of them.  

What was your opinion on Allen coming out of college?  I watch a lot of college football & my opinion of him was he was not very good.  His accuracy was horrible.  I hope it works out but I did not like the pick.  I would of stood pat & hoped Rosen was still available.  Trading up I would of definitely took Rosen.  He is light years ahead of JA as a passer right now.  The injuries would of concerned me a bit.  I just don't get how time & time again NFL personal overlook accuracy as one of the main traits to look for in a QB.  The windows are so tight in the NFL, if you are not accurate you have no chance to succeed.  

Allen was my QB4.  My rankings were Rosen-Mayfield-Darnold-Allen-Jackson, but as I said back in March, I had all 5 as first-round picks.

Here was my full evaluation:

Of course, keep in mind that I would've taken Mahomes #1 overall in 2017.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Allen was my QB4.  My rankings were Rosen-Mayfield-Darnold-Allen-Jackson, but as I said back in March, I had all 5 as first-round picks.

That is good stuff, thanks.  I remember that game against Central Michigan, that was probably the best game I watched Allen play in.  He looked pretty good that day.  I also watched him for most of the game against Iowa/Oregon/Hawaii(yes I am a degenerate gambler) & he looked absolutely awful.  I got a lot of questions.  His tangible assets are off the charts compared to the other 3 QBS taken in the first round imo but....there are a lot of holes in his game.  I just don't think you move up in the top 10 to take a project at QB. especially given the fact that this coaching staff is defensively oriented & there is no one there to develop him.  

9 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

And GunnerBill had 3rd round grades on Allen and Mahomes. What tangled webs.

I don't think anyone needs to be fired for Mahomes, but the schedule makers need to ease up on us.

Why do I have to watch the offense we could have had in damn near every primetime game? (Mahomes, Watkins, Woods, Goodwin, Hogan)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Mahomes looks elite because he has tremendous arm talent WITH accuracy, mobility, and a great understanding of the offense and its progressions. Allen has only showed us his mobility. 

Does he have some elite weapons? Sure. I think that's universally agreed on, but there really is no way to evaluate him without those players.  I don't think those playmakers have a dramatic effect  (ex. double the yardage/TDs) on his production. I would argue that, at best, they add 20%. 

If Mahomes only had 13 TDs, 1400 yards passing and 2 turnovers, he still would be a tremendous player at the position! 

We will disagree. Mahommes has looked very good yes, but almost all his throws (on Sunday) that went for big plays were because his talented we (Hill) or Hunt made an amazing leaping catch or dove and made a catch that wasn’t even intended for them.  If you put Mahommes on the Bills..  he has more INT/ less yardage and Maybe 7 TDs..  he wouldn’t be terrible but not anywhere as good

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheElectricCompany said:

"Hypothesis contrary to fact". I've lost track at how many times 2BD uses this ***** as gospel. 

I’m just saying thinking Mahomes be the same in Buffalo as he is in KC is unrealistic. Different teams and different coaches.. he could be a bust here if they had drafted him.. who knows! I just try compare apples (talent around then) to apples is all. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

He had 0 TDs against the Broncos.. did the talking heads lie to me again? Lol... also I said he has SKILL Players around him make him look better.. I think Hill and Hunt had no less than 5 or 6 catches where they had to leap to make the catch and hell he over shot his intended target and Hill slid down and got it for the TD.. so I will say this again.. he has been figured out he just has a lot of talent around him keep him looking good. (Oh and FYI the Pats D is weak..  why I said a D like the Bears or Rams would dominate him and he look average.. Pats showed they need the fast strike TD to get the TD. They were 33% in the red zone against NE. That is awful!)

Maybe it was the mile high lower gravity which caused balls to be throw high.  Won't be first QB to have trouble adjusting to play in Denver.

53 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Maybe it was the mile high lower gravity which caused balls to be throw high.  Won't be first QB to have trouble adjusting to play in Denver.

No that was the Pats game, I only saw highlights from Denver. (And if I saw that left handed throw one more time I’d have puked..)

i think Mahomes will be damn good.. I just think people need pump the breaks thinking it’s mostly him when it’s more like 30% him 70% his teammates right NOW. That will change in a few years.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Very well thought out post, unlike most of the other drivel on here.?