Someone needs to be fired over Mahomes right now.

Klaista2k

24 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

You need to be admitted.

Stats win?

Wasn't he the only player to enter the endzone with the football in his hands on either team?

Did he not put his team in position to win on that last drive?

Stats? Whatever it takes works for me. 

A better qb performance and maybe that game is over earlier.  Defense and the run game won that game.  He threw 2 screen passes that drive that were more than half of his passing yards through the entire game.  They were afraid to have him throw the ball.

the bigger point is that minus the top qbs, in the ultimate team game, qb win-loss records are pretty stupid.  Bortles “won” like 13 games last year and Drew Brees went 7-9 in back to back years.  It’s a stupid stat and pretty lazy to say Allen is 2-2 (though I’ll credit him for playing well in the Minnesota game).

2 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Do you have a point to make ?   

Are you gonna co sign drafting another qb next year like the guy I replied to ? 

I’m generally patient with qbs.  As a defender of JP and EJ, I wanted them to get more time.  Looking back at JP for instance, in hindsight, we probably should have taken Rodgers the next draft.

i didn’t want Allen in the first place but I feel like he deserves at least another year barring more games like the Titans.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

A better qb performance and maybe that game is over earlier.  Defense and the run game won that game.  He threw 2 screen passes that drive that were more than half of his passing yards through the entire game.  They were afraid to have him throw the ball.

the bigger point is that minus the top qbs, in the ultimate team game, qb win-loss records are pretty stupid.  Bortles “won” like 13 games last year and Drew Brees went 7-9 in back to back years.  It’s a stupid stat and pretty lazy to say Allen is 2-2 (though I’ll credit him for playing well in the Minnesota game).

I’m generally patient with qbs.  As a defender of JP and EJ, I wanted them to get more time.  Looking back at JP for instance, in hindsight, we probably should have taken Rodgers the next draft.

i didn’t want Allen in the first place but I feel like he deserves at least another year barring more games like the Titans.

Got it. Style points count with you.

He's a rookie making rookie mistakes along the way. I believe he'll improve with time, like all the greats have. With experience and a better supporting cast I think JA has all promise to be that QB we all want.

Bottom line - he did what it took for this team to win.

Edited by inaugural balls

1 hour ago, inaugural balls said:

Got it. Style points count with you.

He's a rookie making rookie mistakes along the way. I believe he'll improve with time, like all the greats have. With experience and a better supporting cast I think JA has all promise to be that QB we all want.

Bottom line - he did what it took for this team to win.

Doing what it takes to win is team and opponent dependent.

Peyton Manning did what it took to win in 2015. Peyton Manning sucked in 2015 and had to retire.

3 hours ago, Logic said:

Just checking in on this absurd thread.

33 pages and going strong, eh?

Has anyone been fired yet? No?

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!

I can be fired if we can make this stop, but I recognize the reality of this situation....

If we won the SB this year people would find things to complain about.  We didn’t win by enough. What a terrible challenge that was! Our play calling was weak. Our soft zone to close out the win let them back in the game. 

This is the world we live in, sadly. 

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Its gonna be up and down with a raw rookie qb.......and in a horrible position at that

4 hours ago, The_Dude said:

I think it’s obvious that passing on Mahomes was a mistake. No matter how good Tre White is, Josh Allen, is the only thing that can right this mistake. It’s time to see what the kids got. So far, I’m not impressed or dejected by what I’ve seen from Allen. The potential is there and so are the issues. But I like his attitude and we gotta give the kid a shot. If Allen doesn’t work, multiple people will be fired. 

McBeane will go when Allen does.  Probably around 20 games into his career.

What annoys me is we are going to have a good draft pick next year and we won't use it to take our next QB.

It will be obvious that we should have done that about the time the Allen experiment ends and McBeane are gone.

And then we'll start the next cycle, getting rid of all of McDermott's "process" guys, switching defensive schemes blah blah...

In the meantime, years are lost, time goes by, and we remain a national irrelevancy...

32 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

What annoys me is we are going to have a good draft pick next year and we won't use it to take our next QB.

It will be obvious that we should have done that about the time the Allen experiment ends and McBeane are gone.

And then we'll start the next cycle, getting rid of all of McDermott's "process" guys, switching defensive schemes blah blah...

In the meantime, years are lost, time goes by, and we remain a national irrelevancy...

fail-gif-watermelon.gif

Edited by GoBills808
more appropriate gif
  • Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

What annoys me is that you talk like you know whats going to happen....which you dont....you dont know jack ****

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

Anthony Barr doesn’t agree with you.  

Can you hit us with some hot takes on the other rookie QBs futures based off 4-5 starts ?

Edited by Teddy KGB

On 10/2/2018 at 12:51 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Surely.  How we lack OLmen like 'Cog, Wood, Glenn and Henderson and with no sufficient attempt to replace them is a valid knock as well.

My point was simply we can't pine over Mahomes as though he could be dropped into the Bills offense and see anything close to the same level of success.

There's also the point that if Allen had a year on KC's bench mentored by Smith and coached by Andy Reid, then plugged into the Chiefs offense, his early results might differ.

The Bills drafted the least pro ready of this years top QB and have put the least talent around him and thrown him in soonest.

The very reason we don't have offensive linemen is BECAUSE we have Josh Allen.

The two are aligned. We can't trade away draft picks to move up in the draft to get a QB when 60% of your starting OL rotation won't be with us, and act like the GM isn't responsible for that outcome.

Josh Allen is injured today. The offensive line sucks. The two are related and the path leads right up to the GM.

Edited by Tyrod's friend
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I honestly believe that part of the reason we passed on Mahomes is because McDermott wanted to draft Peterman later.

On 10/1/2018 at 8:18 PM, John from Riverside said:

We also dont have KC's offensive supporting cast.....and of course Mahommes got to sit a year and was not ready when he came into the league....

but hey.......

What you have described is the real reason McBeane need to be excoriated.  Mahomes sat out a year and it obviously did him a world of good. KC also had a year to improve its offense in other ways so when Mahomes did start he had a stronger supporting cast. The Bills did neither. They have created a situation were Allen is clearly not even close to ready but is starting, and the offense is incredibly shaky in almost every other aspect. Organizational ineptitude couldn't be better illustrated.

Edited by IronyAbounds
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 10/14/2018 at 3:13 AM, BringBackOrton said:

Doing what it takes to win is team and opponent dependent.

Peyton Manning did what it took to win in 2015. Peyton Manning sucked in 2015 and had to retire.

After Manning won his second SB in 2015