Someone needs to be fired over Mahomes right now.

Klaista2k

2 hours ago, mead107 said:

32 pages of nothing.  

No kidding, I've never opened this thread until today - at page 32.    Whatever.

Can't all these Josh Allen is going to suck, is sucking, sucked in college, threads be mercifully condensed into one?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

People that say this don't realize Mahomes has been better then Allen since college. I didn't know Reid coached him in college to.  I thought his coach was  Kingsbury but maybe I'm wrong. So what's the argument for that.  Oh let me guess Allen never had weapons.

Mahomes was probably better than A LOT of QB's in college but that doesn't mean anything. I'm sure he looked a lot better than Tom Brady and Drew Brees in college as well. But then again, Colt Brennan and Timmy Chang put up better numbers than Drew Brees and Brady as well. College numbers don't always translate to the next level and don't kid yourself if you think he'd be the same QB if he was drafted by the Browns or Bills with no QB coach. 

39 minutes ago, Roch-A-Bill said:

No kidding, I've never opened this thread until today - at page 32.    Whatever.

Can't all these Josh Allen is going to suck, is sucking, sucked in college, threads be mercifully condensed into one?

Did the same thing, it's like we're having the same Allen conversation across most every thread. The only things that change are the varying levels of irrationality and instant gratification. A singular Josh Allen thread is needed, or if not, just rename this one and close the others. 

There's plenty of productive conversation to be had about him, but most of it has been chicken little speculation with only four games under his belt. Nothing is surprising given how he's played and the circumstances of why he's starting now. 

Edited by ctk232
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

Did the same thing, it's like we're having the same Allen conversation across most every thread. The only things that change are the varying levels of irrationality and instant gratification. A singular Josh Allen thread is needed, or if not, just rename this one and close the others. 

There's plenty of productive conversation to be had about him, but most of it has been chicken little speculation with only four games under his belt. Nothing is surprising given how he's played and the circumstances of why he's starting now. 

Can you help me understand why? He has 2 wins under his belt and what I have seen he looks like an electrifying QB.. so why allthe hate and anger?

3 hours ago, Wagz said:

Ya we've all heard has no talent around him.  He has had time In the pocket numerous times.  Indecisive, throws it in the dirt or away.  If they do catch it the make a superstar catch because its so off target.  Its been said.  Two people have improve completion percentage more than two percent.  Farce and Ryan.  It just is seldom fixed.

You talking about from college to pros? Because if you are you're forgetting Brees, Stafford, Taylor, Wilson, and a ton of other QBs who improved their comp% from college FB to the NFL. 

Edited by GoBills808
bolded

14 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Can you help me understand why? He has 2 wins under his belt and what I have seen he looks like an electrifying QB.. so why allthe hate and anger?

I'm reserving my judgment on him until next year at the very least, but I've commented on his performance week to week, mostly in reference to bringing in help for him to develop on a coaching level (not a vet QB, though this is better than nothing). To be fair, those two wins weren't exactly his wins.

To answer your question though, it's a culmination of many things, most of which will get left off here - but, in my mind it's the 18 year playoff drought and beyond that most of us lived and survived, and the fact that Allen is supposed to be one of the better QB prospects we've drafted during the drought and has "the greatest upside" (though similar rumblings were felt during other QB selections). But it also likely has to do with what we gave up to get him. The idea of bundling two top picks to move up and select a known project that may never return dividends leads most to say that if there isn't any indication that he will pan out, it's all over. I think it also has to do with the other questionable moves by the organization regarding lack of coaching support, unproven OC, and other offensive issues at present, coupled with the actual analytics of what Allen is lacking in his current form. At the end of the day, we all just don't want this pick to end up like the others since Jim, and will jump on it as soon as we see similarities to that which is all too familiar for us.

Lastly, we have a tendency to react in the moment - just look at our reactions about Allen from the end of the Vikings game to after the Chargers and Packers games. Bottom line is that there's a lot of hope riding on this kid panning out, and general sentiment that he needs to work out. Sooner just always happens to be preferable to later.

Edited by ctk232

This forum has really hit the skids with all the negatives. Must be Making Buffalo Great Again. To say this kid hasn't done what was asked of him is just plain asinine. Mahomes is another Dak, put an o line and a running game in front of most NFL QBs and they will look like HOF'ers. Just stop this crap. Don't post. 

Edited by Rock Pile Guy
Spelling

19 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Mods:  Can we pin this thread for the next 15 years?

Yeah it's so funny that we traded the pick that could've landed us the best quarterback in the league over the next 10-15 years. 

Edited by Klaista2k

Just now, Klaista2k said:

Cause it's so funny that traded the pick that could've landed us the best quarterback in the league over the next 10-15 years. 

It's not funny at all!!!   We should be furious and kick and stomp about it every chance we get!! 

After all, the most successful people in life are the ones who are always looking in the past.

51 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Mahomes was probably better than A LOT of QB's in college but that doesn't mean anything. I'm sure he looked a lot better than Tom Brady and Drew Brees in college as well. But then again, Colt Brennan and Timmy Chang put up better numbers than Drew Brees and Brady as well. College numbers don't always translate to the next level and don't kid yourself if you think he'd be the same QB if he was drafted by the Browns or Bills with no QB coach. 

First I never used a stat to determine if Mahomes was better then Allen in college or the pros . But if u wanna talk about the stats they do figure into the equation . Yes u can find tons of system made QBs on the college level that put up huge numbers that never amounted to nothing on the next level.  There also can be many of reasons why those QBs never paned out maybe they went to the wrong team or didn't fit a system . We all know how these Coaches want u to fit into there little boxes and only now some coaches are trying to adapt to what these kids do best . Maybe there are a bunch of Brady's we would never known about because they didn't fit whether it was because they were a late rd pk or they weren't the prototypical size some coaches wanted or maybe the coach and GM got fired and the new administration  wanted to bring in there guy. I mean there's thousands of reasons alot of these QBs get left behind.  Maybe the NFL needs to implement a better way to develop these QBs but that discussion will be meant for another day.  

With that being said stats are not the only determining factor of why these guys make it or not . But the one thing we can all probably agree on is that QBs that didn't perform or put up stats in college usually never ever pan out on a NFL level. Especially QBs that were playing poorly  in smaller programs such as Wyoming.  

Mahomes is a much better QB then Allen and he has been since he played at Texas Tech.  Mahomes has many platforms he can throw the ball at different velocity and touch depending on the situation. Mahomes has the big cannon Allen has but he's much more accurate with his throws. Mahomes also has the it factor that only the naked eye can see . He's a Gunslingers Gunslinger.  I'm sorry I've never seen that from Allen on any level. It just seems like Allen doesn't have the natural feel for his position.  

Last but not least Mahomes played the season finale last yr on the road with bkups and he played a great gm and lead his team to victory on the road vs Denver Broncos with them playing they're starters all gm.  So there goes the help excuse.

16 hours ago, Talkin Proud said:

Well all I know is it takes a helluva lotta moving parts to make a Superbowl winning football team and the Bills better darn well get their acts together if they are ever gonna do it. 

An Andy Reid coached Mahommes is PROBABLY gonna be better than a McDermott coached Josh Allen. 

An Andy Reid coached Josh Allen would PROBABLY be better than a McDermott coached Mahommes. 

It takes a lot of organizational excellence to make a world champion football team, and comparing Josh Allen to Mahommes right now is a fools errand. 

This argument doesn’t work all that well because an Andy Reid coached Alex Smith with virtually the same weapons etc, could do things Mahomes does.  Mahomes of course benefits from the situation he is in but the Chiefs, Reid etc are benefitting from Mahomes too.  If anyone could walk into the situation in KC and be great, we would still have Smith.  There is more to it.

12 hours ago, Rock Pile Guy said:

This forum has really hit the skids with all the negatives. Must be Making Buffalo Great Again. To say this kid hasn't done what was asked of him is just plain asinine. Mahomes is another Dak, put an o line and a running game in front of most NFL QBs and they will look like HOF'ers. Just stop this crap. Don't post. 

You aren’t paying attention if you think Mahomes is another DAK.

13 hours ago, KD in CA said:

It's not funny at all!!!   We should be furious and kick and stomp about it every chance we get!! 

After all, the most successful people in life are the ones who are always looking in the past.

Okay let's move on and draft another quarterback next year.... oh wait there aren't any good one's next year. 

10 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

Okay let's move on and draft another quarterback next year.... oh wait there aren't any good one's next year. 

You need to be admitted.

22 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Allen’s 82 passing yards are the reason we won last week.  For sure. 

Stats win?

Wasn't he the only player to enter the endzone with the football in his hands on either team?

Did he not put his team in position to win on that last drive?

Stats? Whatever it takes works for me. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think it’s obvious that passing on Mahomes was a mistake. No matter how good Tre White is, Josh Allen, is the only thing that can right this mistake. It’s time to see what the kids got. So far, I’m not impressed or dejected by what I’ve seen from Allen. The potential is there and so are the issues. But I like his attitude and we gotta give the kid a shot. If Allen doesn’t work, multiple people will be fired. 

• Like (+1) 2