Someone needs to be fired over Mahomes right now.

Klaista2k

That was an impressive 4th quarter. He kept bailing his team out after penalties and that left handed throw for the first down was unbelievable. Just tremendous poise and arm talent. That kid could be special and that won’t be a good look for McDermott passing on him. 

2 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

If Pegula had any football smarts he would've made the decision to take Mahomes.

He's going to drive this team into the ground just like he did the Sabres.

So on the premise of you’re thread, how can he be fired? Lol Try and react with more logic and less emotion

13 minutes ago, billspro said:

We didn’t have a GM. You need to have your organization aligned before taking a QB.

Also we don’t have Andy Reid. Mahommes was a raw QB prospect

too.

That's your answer right there folks.......it was bad timing for the Bills (which is natural because there would never be good timing for the Bills).  They had a brand new HC and no GM and that is not the time NFL teams to go all in on a new franchise QB.

Ironic, because if it was 20 years ago they might have said, hey, WTF and drafted him.  But now, drafting a QB is a career and franchise altering decision so it's not going to happen without a whole bunch of people all in agreement on the plan.

Just now, Klaista2k said:

They lost their star wide receiver tonight and that didn't slow him down at all.

Because they have the best TE in the league and their other WR's can actually catch the ball. Kareem Hunt is a nice piece as well.  KC's offense is light years ahead of ours.

• Like (+1) 3

Mahomes is talented, but what you are really coveting on the first day of October is Andy Reid. The guy is great with QBs and always spends premium capital to surround them with a good OL and good skill positions. He knows how to turn Donovan McNabb, Michael Vick and Alex Smith into top performing regular season quarterbacks.

Patrick Mahomes is what Josh Allen can be. Unfortunately, our team is set up the exact opposite from how the chiefs are set up so it’s just gonna be a lot harder for our guy.

for that, you have to blame Beane and McDermott. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BillsRdue said:

Right now. I'd say every week for the next 10 years.  AEBF syndrome (Another Epic Bills Failure).   Most of us liked Mahomes, Watson and Trubisky and prayed we'd land one of them. We made a mistake. I think the Bills like Trubisky and weren't willing to take a chance after he went so early. The regime was fresh and wasn't ready to take their shot. It was too risky for them to take a shot at Mahomes and they wanted to do their homework, So we waited a year. If Allen becomes as good as Pat then we'll calm down and trust the process.  Right now there is not a lot to trust.

We do not know yet if we made a mistake........

Mahommes is in the perfect situation...offensive minded coach and every one of their offensive players would be starting over ours....plus he had a year

Watson is actually coming back to earth a little bit in year 2......these guys can have a hot start and fade....and Watson is showing a bit of that

Trubisky.....looked god aweful in year 1....and is a work in progress in year 2

Then you have Josh Allen in the worst possible situation....bad OL....half of his targets shouldnt even be starting.....and everyone knew that he needed a year before starting but he was the best option on the team at the end of the day so the JA era started early.....

Next year when they get real protection and offensive weapons around him Josh Allen will shine.....and all the bitching about OTHER teams QBs will dissapear.....WE ARE REBIULDING

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

Someone needs to be held accountable for this.

If it was McDermott and Beane's decision get their asses the hell out of Buffalo.

They don't deserve to be running the team anymore.

Stop drinking 

Jesus this forum is insufferable

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BillsRdue said:

Right now. I'd say every week for the next 10 years.  AEBF syndrome (Another Epic Bills Failure).   Most of us liked Mahomes, Watson and Trubisky and prayed we'd land one of them. We made a mistake. I think the Bills like Trubisky and weren't willing to take a chance after he went so early. The regime was fresh and wasn't ready to take their shot. It was too risky for them to take a shot at Mahomes and they wanted to do their homework, So we waited a year. If Allen becomes as good as Pat then we'll calm down and trust the process.  Right now there is not a lot to trust.

So, other than whine, what are you going to do about it now? 

I’m not sold on Trubisky at all. Allen wasn’t my first choice, but he's our guy now. I’ll get behind that and hope we don’t have to move on. Weak minded people pick the flavor of the week. I prefer a 3- 5-10 year window before judging. I’m certainly not sold, but I’m not freaking out after a few quarters by a rookie QB with a horrible OL and no weapons. 

• Like (+1) 1

These threads are comedy gold.

The "what could've been" from this McBeane combo is exceptionally strong.

My advice.........don't watch good teams.........they all tend to have at least one stud player that the Bills let go or passed on for some stupid !@#$ing reason............but hey........they got cap room next year,  amirite??

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, LEBills said:

Mahomes is talented, but what you are really coveting on the first day of October is Andy Reid. The guy is great with QBs and always spends premium capital to surround them with a good OL and good skill positions. He knows how to turn Donovan McNabb, Michael Vick and Alex Smith into top performing regular season quarterbacks.

Patrick Mahomes is what Josh Allen can be. Unfortunately, our team is set up the exact opposite from how the chiefs are set up so it’s just gonna be a lot harder for our guy.

There's absolutely no evidence that Allen can be as good as Mahomes.

Mahomes put up MUCH better numbers in college and many top analysts weren't very high on Allen. Most said his bust potential is very high. 

2 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

That's your answer right there folks.......it was bad timing for the Bills (which is natural because there would never be good timing for the Bills).  They had a brand new HC and no GM and that is not the time NFL teams to go all in on a new franchise QB.

Ironic, because if it was 20 years ago they might have said, hey, WTF and drafted him.  But now, drafting a QB is a career and franchise altering decision so it's not going to happen without a whole bunch of people all in agreement on the plan.

We need Allen to become good. Hopefully he takes a step forward against a similar defense this week.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LEBills said:

Good point................McBeane ain't Andy Reid......................that's for sure.........................