Someone needs to be fired over Mahomes right now.

Klaista2k

4 minutes ago, boater said:

No excuse for passing on Mahomes.

Fire the Assistant Equipment Manager.

--- !@#$ing Hindsight Rangers irritate the **** out of me --- thank God they don't run the team.

It’s not called hindsight when you get criticized for trading out of taking a QB when you don’t have one.

Because at the time many people thought “ok, as long as Watson and Mahomes aren’t great this makes sense, we will see”

But according to your logic the Bills can never be held accountable for any mistakes because it’s only hindsight. 

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

By offering bad contracts to Star, Murphy, and Ivory?

But even accepting them, forcing to play a raw rookie with these crap fest of players isn’t asking for big time problems.  Allen has bad habits.  Playing him now is only going to keep him keep going back to these bad habits.  

Its like they they looked at what the Chiefs did with Mahomes and decided to do the exact opposite.  Terrible supporting cast, no vet qb, and Brian Daboll instead of Andy Reid.  It’s EJ Development  2.0.   

Murphy and Ivory are short term deals easy to change.  You know that.  I know you know that.  Why argue when you know that?

Um, we did. We fired Whaley. He's the one that picked Peterman. He's the one who had the team that scouted players all year long. He's the one that did the trade out of that position. Revisionist history is fun, but it makes you look friggin stupid. Cut it out.

Just now, Klaista2k said:

Okay whatever you say.

And if you knew ANYTHING you would know that the "pros" often get it wrong in professional sports. 

I've asked once and will ask again:  show us posts from the predraft period in 2017.  Show us where you claimed Mahomes would be so good.  Or stop the nonsense.

1 minute ago, Klaista2k said:

Okay whatever you say.

And if you knew ANYTHING you would know that the "pros" often get it wrong in professional sports. 

Yes, whatever I say. If you're saying you KNEW he'd perform like this on draft day, you're lying. literally NO ONE knew.

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Copy a post with a date on it showing you had this same attitude in the months of January-April 2017.   Or keep quiet.  

I posted earlier a quote from Greg Costello with doubts about Mahomes before the draft.  Any cursory look through Google can find a number of these.   He's doing really well so far.  Good for him.  It's fair to say he's far exceeding what a number of folks thought he'd accomplish.

So again, find a post you made in the time before the 2017 draft saying you were so high on him, that you claimed he was a once in a decade player. If you can't then stop the nonsense.

Can you retrieve posts going back that far?

I remember seriously questioning the move back in 2017 so if it's possible to retrieve older posts I'm sure you can find one. 

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’ve never seen “back carpaccio” on a menu. I’m doing something right! 

If you expanded your horizons and were more willing to try some back alley restaurants in the tough and gritty part of town you would be more well rounded. :ph34r:

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

This board kills me.   Josh Allen is a Rookie....... A ROOKIE.  There is ZERO talent around him on Offense except for McCoy and Dawkins, that's it.  THATS IT!  A 30 year old running back and a O lineman.  The offense sucks, it just does!  That's not Allen's fault and he can't fix it alone.  Maybe if he was more seasoned he could help but he's not.  

All you said is true, but you have to ask yourself why that is? I'm starting to not trust the process anymore. You draft a QB 7 overall and give him WHO? If McDermott really is a guru, he shouldn't need an All Pro at every position to field a good defense. And don't take all our assets away from our offense and put it on defense, that's just selfish. It's not fair to Daboll and it's not fair to Allen. I question Beane and McD's ability to build a TEAM.

24 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Of course we realize he’s a rookie.  But the problem is he was picked by a staff who has been completely dreadful in picking offensive players.  He was a 56% passer in the WAC.  What if they just completely took a bad qb?

But let’s say they took the right guy.  They have shown the exact opposite of how the Chiefs developed Mahomes.  They had no plan.  And based on their offensive moves so far, why should we believe they will solve this?  Trade up for the next Zay Jones? Trade for the next Jordan Matthews or Kelvin Benjamin.  

The reason there is no talent around Allen is because of the decision makers some of you are blindly trusting to get it right.  

Perfect.

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

Yes, whatever I say. If you're saying you KNEW he'd perform like this on draft day, you're lying. literally NO ONE knew.

Jeffismagic knew. He was so prescient that he was kicked off of this board. Sometimes zealotry can get you in trouble. 

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

It's hard to defend the decision makers at OBD right now, but so many are trying super hard to do just that. 

They will have to replace essentially EVERY starter on offense going into next year aside from QB and LT. Their offensive staff is questionable to say the least and their decisions on offense have been awful to this point. Again why are people trying so hard to defend these guys? 

The one good thing they did was draft a first round talent at QB. 

All we can do as fans is cross our fingers and hope they got it right with Allen and find some pieces on offense. If not they'll be out of here in a year or two. 

I mean I get it as fans all we can do is blindly trust. But I’m sorry.  I don’t trust McBeane or Daboll as the guys to pick the offensive pieces.  I would love to see a guy with a successful nfl offensive resume get added to the staff.

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

It's hard to defend the decision makers at OBD right now, but so many are trying super hard to do just that. 

They will have to replace essentially EVERY starter on offense going into next year aside from QB and LT. Their offensive staff is questionable to say the least and their decisions on offense have been awful to this point. Again why are people trying so hard to defend these guys? 

The one good thing they did offensively was draft a first round talent at QB and found an OK starter to this point in Dawkins.

All we can do as fans is cross our fingers and hope they got it right with Allen and find some pieces on offense. If not they'll be out of here in a year or two. 

You forgot to mention that this new regime got a stripped down team into the playoffs for the first time in a generation.