Someone needs to be fired over Mahomes right now.

Klaista2k

21 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

Still can't believe we traded the pick away for a once in a decade type of player.

I swear to God I don't think team can ever do anything right.

Funny thing is...if we drafted him and say KC took Allen this year...everyone would probably be saying I cant believe we took this bum Mahomes.  And when Allen got to play on that KC squad, everyone would probably be saying why did we reach for Mahomes instead of waiting to a better draft class of QB's.  

Why...because ZERO percent chance Mahomes looks remotely close to as good as he does right now in KC if he was on the Bills.  Literally zero.  And this board LOVES to make absolute conclusions about players careers on small sample sizes, or in some cases like Allen, some prefer to do it before he even steps on an NFL field for the first claiming he is bust since draft night.  

Mahomes very well could become a great QB, and may have here in Buffalo too...but he wouldn't be one NOW on THIS Bills team.  This team has literally the worst collection of offensive talent in the NFL right now, no QB is going to have the success Mahomes is having or anything close to it THIS year on THIS team.  In fact, its substantially MORE plausible there would be threads saying "Someone needs to be fired right now for taking Mahomes over Watson" because Watons stats would look far greater than anything Mahomes would be doing THIS year on THIS team.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

Still can't believe we traded the pick away for a once in a decade type of player.

I swear to God I don't think team can ever do anything right.

Copy a post with a date on it showing you had this same attitude in the months of January-April 2017.   Or keep quiet.  

I posted earlier a quote from Greg Costello with doubts about Mahomes before the draft.  Any cursory look through Google can find a number of these.   He's doing really well so far.  Good for him.  It's fair to say he's far exceeding what a number of folks thought he'd accomplish.

So again, find a post you made in the time before the 2017 draft saying you were so high on him, that you claimed he was a once in a decade player. If you can't then stop the nonsense.

42 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

29 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Because going into the draft, Mahomes was seen as a big of project and as raw as Allen.  So to act like it was a no brainer NOW is pointless.  Not to mention, people keep saying we could have had Mahomes, Sammy, Woods, Glenn, etc.  Well the Bills CHOSE not to keep Sammy because they were never going to pay him his market price.  So to even suggest we can have Sammy here and Mahomes is factually wrong.  Same goes with Woods, who left in FA BEFORE the draft, so thats not a possible scenario either.  And Glenn was getting traded regardless too, another incorrect statement.

So again, its a futile and pointless thing to say we could have had Mahomes and this or that, when most of the people they say we could have still had would not still be here.  

Mahomes threw for 5000 yards and accounted for 53 touchdowns as a junior! The fact that some considered him "raw" or a "project" coming out of the big 12 doesn't mean he has anything in common with Josh Allen.

Right now, Mahomes is good and Josh Allen is not. I don't need a crystal ball to recognize that. You seem to think that Mahomes will become less good and Allen will become good. You are the one projecting.

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Mahomes threw for 5000 yards and accounted for 53 touchdowns as a junior! The fact that some considered him "raw" or a "project" coming out of the big 12 doesn't mean he has anything in common with Josh Allen.

Right now, Mahomes is good and Josh Allen is not. I don't need a crystal ball to recognize that. You seem to think that Mahomes will become less good and Allen will become good. You are the one projecting.

Allen will get better.  Mahomes is playing great right now and if he keeps it up he'll really be something.

Many were mentioning the 83 draft with the 18 draft.  If Allen and Mahomes turn out to be Kelly and Marino then two teams have two great QBs.

9 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Literally everything you just wrote is the exact evidence of everything thats wrong with this board right now.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

So you knew for sure the day he was drafted this would be the outcome?

We can ask your above question about any move the Bills have ever made in the history of the franchise does that prevent  the people who make the decisions from being held accountable?

That being said, four weeks worth of info about a QB isn’t enough info to hold people accountable.

2 years from now if Mahomes is still lighting it up and Allen is a bust the day of reckoning will come. Same goes if Rosen is a legit franchise guy and Allen isn’t.

2 minutes ago, MDH said:

We can ask your above question about any move the Bills have ever made in the history of the franchise does that prevent  the people who make the decisions from being held accountable?

Yes and no.

Yes, it does in the short term. No in the long term, like you said. But people here are acting like it's a guaranteed fail.

30 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Truly amazing how many fans posting here just KNOW Mahomes is going to be a star.  

Well, in fairness, Jeremy White and Mike Schopp said so so it HAS to be true.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Literally everything you just wrote is the exact evidence of everything thats wrong with this board right now.  

Facts?

For years, the prevailing wisdom among Bills fans was that the right quarterback would make everyone around him better. Now that we have the quarterback people have some strange personal affinity for, it's ALL ABOUT THE SUPPORTING CAST.

This board would be much more productive is we all removed our bias and just discussed reality.

Last night was the first time I had a chance to sit down and watch a Chiefs game this season. 

I thought Mahomes played very well, but I wasn’t as blown away by him as some of you. 

I was more more impressed with their offense as a whole, their skill positions and above all their coaching. 

Mahomes executed their offense very well. But he has a ridiculous amount of help around him. Wide receiver, tight end, running back, offensive line... 

The skilled players they have in that offense are unreal, and Andy Reid does So Much to help Mahomes. I was really impressed with Reid’s game plan and play calling. You can tell that is a very, very well coached team on offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

It's almost a guarantee Mahomes will become less good.

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

Facts?

For years, the prevailing wisdom among Bills fans was that the right quarterback would make everyone around him better. Now that we have the quarterback people have some strange personal affinity for, it's ALL ABOUT THE SUPPORTING CAST.

This board would be much more productive is we all removed our bias and just discussed reality.

Reality?  Fine.

Reality is that Mahomes is playing lights out right now.  Reality is also that he has a lot of weapons around him.  And reality is further that there were many questions about him coming out, including his footwork, coming from a school that never had a QB make it in the pros because of the style of offense, and such.

Reality is that Allen similarly came out with some questions.  Reality is Allen did not sit for a year like Mahomes.  Reality is that Allen did some good things against the Vikes and struggled last week.  Reality is that many rookie QBs suffer through such games.

Reality is we don't know yet what these guys will do.  Because reality is you don't know how a career pans out after 4 games.

That's reality.

This board kills me.   Josh Allen is a Rookie....... A ROOKIE.  There is ZERO talent around him on Offense except for McCoy and Dawkins, that's it.  THATS IT!  A 30 year old running back and a O lineman.  The offense sucks, it just does!  That's not Allen's fault and he can't fix it alone.  Maybe if he was more seasoned he could help but he's not.  

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Facts?

Kettle meet Pot.

4 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

This board kills me.   Josh Allen is a Rookie....... A ROOKIE.  There is ZERO talent around him on Offense except for McCoy and Dawkins, that's it.  THATS IT!  A 30 year old running back and a O lineman.  The offense sucks, it just does!  That's not Allen's fault and he can't fix it alone.  Maybe if he was more seasoned he could help but he's not.  

Of course we realize he’s a rookie.  But the problem is he was picked by a staff who has been completely dreadful in picking offensive players.  He was a 56% passer in the WAC.  What if they just completely took a bad qb?

But let’s say they took the right guy.  They have shown the exact opposite of how the Chiefs developed Mahomes.  They had no plan.  And based on their offensive moves so far, why should we believe they will solve this?  Trade up for the next Zay Jones? Trade for the next Jordan Matthews or Kelvin Benjamin.  

The reason there is no talent around Allen is because of the decision makers some of you are blindly trusting to get it right.  

• Like (+1) 5

Reality again.  I am one who likes old school football, running, defense, etc.  But I get that the league today is more about the passing game.  So you need a really good QB.  Reality.

Now, some further reality.  A QB alone does not win unless you are a first ballot HOF type like Brady or Rodgers.  Even then You can be a HOFer and not win without having the team around you(say hi DanMarino as an example, or a young Elway, or today Andrew Luck).

So reality?  You need a really good QB AND a team around him.  Trying to separate the two is silliness.

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Of course we realize he’s a rookie.  But the problem is he was picked by a staff who has been completely dreadful in picking offensive players.  He was a 56% passer in the WAC.  What if they just completely took a bad qb?

But let’s say they took the right guy.  They have shown the exact opposite of how the Chiefs developed Mahomes.  They had no plan.  And based on their offensive moves so far, why should we believe they will solve this?  Trade up for the next Zay Jones? Trade for the next Jordan Matthews or Kelvin Benjamin.  

The reason there is no talent around Allen is because of the decision makers some of you are blindly trusting to get it right.  

Their plan was to get out from under bad contracts, and build through the draft and judicious use of cap dollars.  How well they do that will determine their success.

I do think they should have gotten a more veteran guy to either play or mentor.  Still should in fact.

5 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Reality again.  I am one who likes old school football, running, defense, etc.  But I get that the league today is more about the passing game.  So you need a really good QB.  Reality.

Now, some further reality.  A QB alone does not win unless you are a first ballot HOF type like Brady or Rodgers.  Even then You can be a HOFer and not win without having the team around you(say hi DanMarino as an example, or a young Elway, or today Andrew Luck).

So reality?  You need a really good QB AND a team around him.  Trying to separate the two is silliness.

Their plan was to get out from under bad contracts, and build through the draft and judicious use of cap dollars.  How well they do that will determine their success.

I do think they should have gotten a more veteran guy to either play or mentor.  Still should in fact.

By offering bad contracts to Star, Murphy, and Ivory?

But even accepting them, forcing to play a raw rookie with these crap fest of players isn’t asking for big time problems.  Allen has bad habits.  Playing him now is only going to keep him keep going back to these bad habits.  

Its like they they looked at what the Chiefs did with Mahomes and decided to do the exact opposite.  Terrible supporting cast, no vet qb, and Brian Daboll instead of Andy Reid.  It’s EJ Development  2.0.