Someone needs to be fired over Mahomes right now.

Klaista2k

59 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Well it’s pretty cool you know the future, any chance you can dm me the winning lotto numbers? - Can't share those. I'm taking that pot tomorrow :P

Not even half a season and you got the guy in Super Bowls filling Brady’s shoes? What young talent is even on Mahomes level from the last 3 drafts? Most can see it clear as day. Goff or Wentz? They have weapons on O as well..

This sounds really similar to Watson last year, RGIII a few years back. RG3 was destroyed by injuries of his own recklessness and a coaching staff that let him play hurt. Washington knew what they were drafting in RG3 from day1. Watson statistically has played better this year over 7 games than his first 7 last year in every category expect total TD's. This isn't a Watson thread though but the same argument can be made. But the naysayers will bring up Hopkins and the Texans WR's as an excuse to him having almost 4K yards and 32TDS in 14 games.

I hope you don’t think I’m saying the guy is trash, he’s not. He is obviously talented. 

But he hasn’t accomplished nothing in my eyes yet. As I said earlier I’d like to see a game or two without Hill and Kelce and see how many interceptions he throws, if he can still run a high octane offense, if it’s as easy to scramble around when defenses can actually play one on one coverage. 

Thats my point behind the whole thing. 

All anyone has seen so far is their offense running at 100%

No real adversity.

No real scheme changes or gameplans since everyone is healthy. 

Nobody makes it through a season with a fully healthy offense. Then maybe I’ll jump on the bandwagon and be willing to give him elite status. You make it sound like it's Mahomes fault for playing good with weapons like Watson? The guy is playing lights out. I'm not here to say anybody needs to be fired for the record anyway. I do agree it sucks we passed on him and Watson though.  Both these kids are going to be great.

Edited by Real McCoy

8 minutes ago, 17 Josh Allen said:

4 four 1234 

0B4EC8BD-1916-4720-93FF-D7410D8AD8FA.thumb.jpeg.a179dc0038db7d350a1958307da7cb44.jpeg

Guy has 7 warnings. Some with 0 points. Choses to argue the point. "I only have 4!"

?

I apologize to the community for letting this guy get 7 warnings and not dealing with him sooner.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Your post about Whaley making the trade was something I don't recall hearing before now. The information I recall centered around McD deciding to kick the can down the road and thought he could save Tyrod....

Edit:

I found it:

""A year ago, the Buffalo Bills were linked to Mitch Trubisky, partially by me. (It was) confirmed many times throughout the process... Doug Whaley (was) their GM at the time in Buffalo. I was told him and part of the front office really liked Trubisky. I think that's well-founded. They were higher on Trubisky than we were, but Trubisky looks pretty good. I think it was a good decision to be aggressive towards him. I know people close to Trubisky who said that, 'Yeah, he believed he was likely going to be a Buffalo Bill of all the teams out there.' You know a lot of teams liked Trubisky, obviously the Bears did too, but he thought himself that the Bills might be his most likely destination."

"But when Sean McDermott got there, (he) really won over a lot of that front office, a lot of that ownership group and they believed in McDermott. And McDermott believed in Tyrod Taylor and he said, 'Hey, let's kick the can on drafting a quarterback right now.' They didn't move up for Trubisky. They moved back and the Chiefs go up and get Pat Mahomes and they took Tre'Davious White, which they're definitely happy with, but they passed on basically two quarterback opportunities they had and that's not counting Deshaun Watson either...""

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2018/02/josh_rosen_to_the_buffalo_bills_is_what_ive_heard_repeatedly_says_eric_galko.html

The fact that they went with a Trubisky clone tells me that it was the new regime and not Whaley in love with Mitch, the QB prospect.

My gut tells me Whaley probably liked Watson. 

It would be very unlike the Bills to have zero'd in on the right guy.

He wasn't a slam dunk prospect or the dozen teams that passed on him would have picked him and the rest of the league would have traded up to get him if they had known he would turn out this way.

We got lockdown Tredavious instead, and used the capital to help swing two high first round picks for a QB and LB to run our offense and defense for the next decade, and we're not even halfway through the 1st season, but someone should be fired because of Mahomes doing well?    Get real man. 

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

Alex Smith.. nuff said. How’s he look in Washington this year without those weapons? How’d he look last year in KC? 

This point of the season last year everyone was talking Alex Smith mvp of the league. 

Hes an average quarterback and always has been, but Reid was able to hide a lot of his inabilities and made him look pretty good. 

He looks... totally fine?  Stats are a bit lower across the board but he still looks pretty competent and the Redskins are currently 4-2.  Not bad for jumping into a totally new system with all-new players.

• SDS locked this topic