Someone needs to be fired over Mahomes right now.

Klaista2k

Just now, SDS said:

Personally, I don’t care if people want to discuss a dynamic player in the league. But if this topic continues to be a huge pissing match, where people just keep poking people in the eyes week after week after week, then we should just close it and get on with life. 

I haven't been here for the whole thread so I don't know how bad it's gotten, but surely the Bills are linked to Mahomes regardless of the fan opinion and polarizing view points.

We traded out of the pick used to take him, despite being in the market for a QB.  It's an undeniable Bills topic, not just "discussing a dynamic player in the league".

5 minutes ago, fridge said:

I haven't been here for the whole thread so I don't know how bad it's gotten, but surely the Bills are linked to Mahomes regardless of the fan opinion and polarizing view points.

We traded out of the pick used to take him, despite being in the market for a QB.  It's an undeniable Bills topic, not just "discussing a dynamic player in the league".

They are only linked in fans’ minds. Regardless, if the same people want to make the same point every week about the Bills not picking him then it is time to move on. If they want to discuss his play then by all means enjoy the show. It’s been 18 months. This is not a recent development and there have been 42 pages of venting. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, mannc said:

Stop.  First of all, there is no player in the NFL named Mahommes.

Second, the “he would have sucked here” argument is the most pathetic cop-out ever.  It’s an objective fact that MAHOMES is a great QB and we could have had him without trading up.  It’s also an objective fact that, until further notice, the Bills’ QB situation is the worst in the league.

Its an objective fact that Patrick Mahommes is a great QB?

Really......do you realize how many QBs have looked "great" only to flame out after a few years.....

Playing awesome right now no doubt......but that needs to be reserved for when he has some seasons under his belt.

And yes.....his situation is awesome and ours is aweful....so it makes sense that he would not play a well here

22 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Every week, certain posters hope that THIS TIME Mahomes will be figured out and suck.

Guess who they are?

I will bite.  Who are they?

28 minutes ago, 17 Josh Allen said:

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner. It’s just like those Hillary Clinton fans, they can not accept they lost to Trump. The never Mahomers are in hiding and are having a hard time with this. People who knew and predicted Mahomes was the next favre are enjoying the ride. 

Did you even follow Brett Farve's career?   THis is a serious question.

Because if you did you would not have made that statement

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Its an objective fact that Patrick Mahommes is a great QB?

Really......do you realize how many QBs have looked "great" only to flame out after a few years.....

Playing awesome right now no doubt......but that needs to be reserved for when he has some seasons under his belt.

And yes.....his situation is awesome and ours is aweful....so it makes sense that he would not play a well here

No, we shouldn't call him "great" just yet. Maybe after a couple full seasons of this level of performance? Sure. But "having a great season" and "off to a great" (in some ways, unprecedented) start? Sure. I'm not sure any QB has ever started his career with similarly outstanding performances ever turned out to be anything other than great. Feel free to provide an example to the contrary; for me, none come to mind.

EDIT: one arguable candidate that does come to mind: Greg Cook, Bengals 1969. He was outstanding from Game 1, but a torn rotator cuff destroyed his career. So I've thought of one, but it seems to fall in the injury exception category.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

No, we shouldn't call him "great" just yet. Maybe after a couple full seasons of this level of performance? Sure. But "having a great season" and "off to a great" (in some ways, unprecedented) start? Sure. I'm not sure any QB has ever started his career with similarly outstanding performances ever turned out to be anything other than great. Feel free to provide an example to the contrary; for me, none come to mind.

There are some qbs that were good their 1st years that fell back to earth......Dak.....Carr?

I really dont think Mahommes will ever be less then a quality starter at this point....that was not my arguement at all.   His team understands the importance of putting a team around him and keeping it there I think.

I think Josh Allen is on the Trubiski track now.

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

There are some qbs that were good their 1st years that fell back to earth......Dak.....Carr?

I really dont think Mahommes will ever be less then a quality starter at this point....that was not my arguement at all.   His team understands the importance of putting a team around him and keeping it there I think.

I think Josh Allen is on the Trubiski track now.

Well, there's something we can agree on. Trubisky still makes lots of mistakes, but he also makes some huge plays, and there's every reason to believe he'll continue getting better.  I could live with that. It's not Mahomes, but I could live with that.

• Like (+1) 1

The real mistake was not hiring Andy Reid when he was available.  I was banging the drum for that one.  We could be KC right now and for the past five years.  They didn't even try.  Too busy trying to get yet another no name coach.  Although, I did like Marrone he is nowhere near Reid.

My biggest issue with this whole debate is the sample size is so small, and that offense is unstoppable. 

Alex friggen Smith looked like a sure fire hall of famer for half the season there last year. 

I hate to wish injuries on players but I’d love to see what Mahomes could do without Kelce and Hill one week. To me, greatness is being able to make stars out of players who aren’t exactly that great. Brady, Brees, Manning, Rodgers all make these receivers house hold names and a large majority of those guys hit free agency and are never that good again. 

Take away a couple weapons I’m not sold Mahomes is going to be making these stats. 

Andy Reid is great at designing his offense around his weapons, always has been. However everyone knows the track record at the end of the season/playoffs when all those formations and motions are on tape and they start seeing top defenses who are familiar with the offense they run. 

In my opinion Reid has done an amazing job making the kid comfortable and slowing the game down for him. I’m just not sold yet. 

I have to believe 85% of the quarterbacks in the NFL could be piling up similar stats in this offense. 

Lining up Kelce, Watkins, Hill and having Hunt in the backfield is pretty phenomenal. No defense in the NFL can cover that many weapons. Other teams have similar fire power but I don’t think anyone outside maybe the Rams has that much talent on the field at one time. 

Lets see if they stay healthy or if they lose a couple guys if Mahomes can carry the team. Or if Reid can still gameplan without all that fire power. 

On 10/1/2018 at 11:05 PM, Klaista2k said:

Seriously how the !@#$ did we not take this guy?

This guy is !@#$ing sensational and might be the best quarterback in the league for YEARS to come.

Not taking him is absolutely inexcusable and someone needs to be fired for this epic mistake. 

If they drafted this kid, it wouldn't have matter bcuz these dudes would've just stripped away all the talent at Wr, like they did for Tyrod.....so he would still be running with these bums and this TE that we should've dumped, a long time ago.....when does Clay do anything to justify the money he's actually getting paid? Get whatever you can for this bum and go with the young kid, Croom.

5 hours ago, SDS said:

They are only linked in fans’ minds. Regardless, if the same people want to make the same point every week about the Bills not picking him then it is time to move on. If they want to discuss his play then by all means enjoy the show. It’s been 18 months. This is not a recent development and there have been 42 pages of venting. 

Cue a "new" topic about the Bills passing on Aaron Rodgers just because in the previous draft they traded up for Losman.

Drafting Mahomes would have been the key to rebuilding this team on the fly. There was talent on this team. We wouldn’t be mud sucking butt crackers with 1/3 of this years salary cap being dead. But this is the way they chose to do it. This season was over before it started. A complete waste that I find insulting as a Bills fan and I am not buying what they are putting out there this year. 

If the Bills are not playoff contenders next year and Super Bowl contenders in year 4 or 5 then we have all been played by pretenders. I still have faith in The Process but there is a limit if I feel like I was played for a fool.

1 hour ago, PeterDude said:

Another 4 TD's by Mahomes, and yet the Kool Aid drinkers here think McClappity was right to pass on him, gotta love it!

This is exactly the type of post that will get this topic closed. Grow up.  

7 hours ago, SDS said:

They were playing out the last days of the old GM while searching for their new GM. Did you want the last GM to pick the quarterback moving forward When he was going to be fired soon after? 

Maybe it was just bad timing.

Right. But just the fact that Andy Reid wanted to move up for him was good enough for me