Someone needs to be fired over Mahomes right now.

Klaista2k

Well kudos to the people that said the kid was special.  I don't watch college football so I don't get involved in those conversations.  The kid certainly looks to have it.  Yes he has a great supporting cast and coach.  That shouldn't be a knock.  He is way beyond getting the job done and so young.  I don't think he would do anywhere near as well here but you can certainly see the talent and smarts that he does have.

3 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

This post is exactly why you get mocked mercilessly

You continue to act like you had some groundbreaking take that everyone dissed, when in fact it was your personality that caught you the flack.

There were so many Mahomes threads that the mods had to merge them into a thread that was called "The only Mahomes thread you need", but yeah, your thinking was revolutionary :lol:

But keep on with that you-against-the-world facade, because it sure beats your iambic pentameter posts of yore for pure entertainment value 

Yeah there was a lot of Mahomes love on the board.

Anyone pretending there was not has a truly selective memory.

As a person who would take a QB with my first pick every year I'd die many deaths on draft day(if I actually watched the event) but the Mahomes one really stung.

17 wants extra credit for entirely losing his mind over it.    

Generationally stupid mistakes happen at least once every regime with the Bills.........this one is just more poignant because they traded the pick.    They've been passing over guys like Brett Favre and Drew Brees and Tom Brady and Russell Wilson on draft day for decades now.     

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah there was a lot of Mahomes love on the board.

Anyone pretending there was not has a truly selective memory.

As a person who would take a QB with my first pick every year I'd die many deaths on draft day(if I actually watched the event) but the Mahomes one really stung.

17 wants extra credit for entirely losing his mind over it.    

Generationally stupid mistakes happen at least once every regime with the Bills.........this one is just more poignant because they traded the pick.    They've been passing over guys like Brett Favre and Drew Brees and Tom Brady and Russell Wilson on draft day for decades now.     

Thank you!

The Bills have drafted very few QBs over the years and their record reflects that.

We should be drafting 1 "good" QB and 1 "project" QB every freaking year until one sticks.  Then you have the luxury of being a bit more selective in the next several years, but should still be looking/drafting as you never know when injury will occur, it's nice to have a good backup, etc.

I know some would suggest you can't afford to "throw away" a draft pick every year on the QB position, but the Bills throw away draft picks routinely anyway through poor drafting or poor player retention.  We don't have a ton of home drafted talent on the team right now.  Many of our recent top picks are gone, with nothing to show for their time here.

If you are going to throw away picks anyway, at least do it the right way, in the form of taking a swing with every potentially good QB prospect you can get.  

This team will NOT take a QB in the upcoming draft, even though we will have a high draft slot.  We will take some run plugging DT or something, to replace the one we already had and gave away for free...and the impact on our W/L record will be close to zero.

And on it goes.

5 hours ago, 17 Josh Allen said:

Your wrong people did not like my take on why I thought he would be good for the Bills. They say prove to us why he’s going to be good. They would say no good QB has ever came out of that Conference. I kept posting and showing different highlights from his college games and stats and their response was he plays in a college football league that does not play defense. Don’t get on me for defending mahomes and being so stead fast on why the Bills should draft him. At least I showed passion for him and had 1000 percent conviction for him. I stuck my neck out and was not shy about doing it. Just like Jeffsmagic did. So don’t blame me for people having problems with how vocal I was about drafting the kid. Your problem is you did not like the way I went about it. I could give 2 flying Fuks that you did not like my posts or my passion about Mahomes. I put myself out there and laid it on the line for mahomes. If your feelings got hurt over it,  Oh well to bad. I will say what I want about the subject, and oh by the way, me and Jeffsmagic were million percent right about Mahomes. It feels good to be vindicated. So keep on posting about how your hurt feelings are. No one cares. 

No one cares? You keep going on like a jilted prom date about the injustice of it all. Week after week. Post after post. This incessant craving for validation is pitiful. What, is every forum member supposed to send you an apology? Grow the F up and shut up about how prescient you were about Mahomes. Several others here were as well, and well before you went on the record to boot. Are they all carrying on like two year olds that have been wronged? Are they crusading for the “I told you so” award? No, because their self esteem isn’t tied to some ridiculous search for validation in an anonymous internet football forum. They just aren’t that pathetic. 

And as for vindication, if anything, those that found your posting style obnoxious when it came to crusading for Mahomes have been proven correct.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, 17 Josh Allen said:

Your wrong people did not like my take on why I thought he would be good for the Bills. They say prove to us why he’s going to be good. They would say no good QB has ever came out of that Conference. I kept posting and showing different highlights from his college games and stats and their response was he plays in a college football league that does not play defense. Don’t get on me for defending mahomes and being so stead fast on why the Bills should draft him. At least I showed passion for him and had 1000 percent conviction for him. I stuck my neck out and was not shy about doing it. Just like Jeffsmagic did. So don’t blame me for people having problems with how vocal I was about drafting the kid. Your problem is you did not like the way I went about it. I could give 2 flying Fuks that you did not like my posts or my passion about Mahomes. I put myself out there and laid it on the line for mahomes. If your feelings got hurt over it,  Oh well to bad. I will say what I want about the subject, and oh by the way, me and Jeffsmagic were million percent right about Mahomes. It feels good to be vindicated. So keep on posting about how your hurt feelings are. No one cares. 

Actually, I care about the way you post. Regardless if you are right or wrong, when you are overly obnoxious you drive people away. That ends up cutting your own time short. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SDS said:

Actually, I care about the way you post. Regardless if you are right or wrong, when you are overly obnoxious you drive people away. That ends up cutting your own time short. 

Haha.

He is right, and it bothers you.

It's a ***** message board, and it's all about bragging rights. These guys have earned the right by sticking their necks out, and opening themselves up to ridicule.

6 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

Haha.

He is right, and it bothers you.

It's a ***** message board, and it's all about bragging rights. These guys have earned the right by sticking their necks out, and opening themselves up to ridicule.

Bye OJ Tom. Was not even nice knowing ya. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Let's set aside all the comments about how Mahomes has a great offensive minded coach, incredible weapons on offense, etc.

Here's what we know for sure right now:

1. Mahomes is a very significant upgrade over Alex Smith.

2. Alex Smith, had he been on the Bills, would have been by far the best QB we had since Kelly.

So ... yes. I think this one will haunt us forever. Even if Josh Allen turns out better than Brad Daughtry did.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Let's set aside all the comments about how Mahomes has a great offensive minded coach, incredible weapons on offense, etc.

2. Alex Smith, had he been on the Bills, would have been by far the best QB we had since Kelly.

So ... yes. I think this one will haunt us forever. Even if Josh Allen turns out better than Brad Daughtry did.

The Bills general manager wasn’t even in place for the 2017 draft. Who knows what they would have done if the situation was settled in January instead of May.

On 10/18/2018 at 12:55 AM, SDS said:

So eh... this is awkward. I rarely see you respond to posts, you quoted me earlier today... lol, I'm sure some people would love it, am I cutting my own time short also?

Completely honest question

Just now, SDS said:

The Bills general manager wasn’t even in place for the 2017 draft. Who knows what they would have done if the situation was settled in January instead of May.

Well, that's the "someone did need to be fired, and he was ... his name was Doug Whaley" justification.

It is better than the "but Mahomes has a better coach/more offensive weapons around him" justification, I'll grant you that.

And way better than the pure denialist's "but Allen will be better in the long run."

13 minutes ago, DJB said:

Honestly this is more about Andy Reid a competent play caller than it is about Mahomes. If you flip flopped Allen and Mahomes my guess is there would be similar results. 

Wow... I just don’t see it. Mahomes has skills Allen can’t  even scratch the surface of, and I don’t think those are courtesy of Andy Reid. The Bills offense would be better with Mahomes, but hardly the juggernaut the Chiefs have at the moment. The Chiefs with Allen? I think they might be decent but not a juggernaut by any stretch . Maybe not even what they were with Smith. There’s a huge difference imo. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Don't make me think these things. Alex Smith should forever be ridiculed as a crap QB

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Wow... I just don’t see it. Mahomes has skills Allen can even scratch the surface of, and I don’t think those are courtesy of Andy Reid. The Bills offense would be better with Mahomes, but hardly the juggernaut the Chiefs have at the moment. The Chiefs with Allen? I think they might be decent but not a juggernaut by any stretch . Maybe not even what they were with Smith. There’s a huge difference imo. 

Scheme is huge just ask Goff who looked awful and then McVay comes in. 

Mahomes also has a year of development over Allen

Just now, DJB said:

Scheme is huge just ask Goff who looked awful and then McVay comes in. 

Mahomes also has a year of development over Allen

I’d still bet Allen is nowhere near as good a QB as Goff or Mahomes. With any scheme, or players. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1