Someone needs to be fired over Mahomes right now.

Klaista2k

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

Deshaun Watson has been exponentially better than Josh Allen this year. 

He had a bad game yesterday against an elite defense, but over the course of the year he's averaging almost 300 yards per game passing, 8.3 YPA and a QB Rating of 90.8. 

If we had that type of QB play with our elite defense instead of the garbage we've had from Peterman and Allen, we'd likely be 4-2 or possibly 5-1 right now.

That’s right. Watson, Prescott - both have struggled this season. There are legitimate questions about both of them as long term franchise guys. But ... there’s no comparison with Allen or Peterman. If Watson were a baseball player, he’d be that guy hovering around .230 but on pace to hit 30 HRs. Allen would be the guy at .150 on pace to strikeout 220 times. There are graduations of “not good” you know. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, TheElectricCompany said:

What is the tape going to tell you about Mahomes? Do you think defenses have some secret weapon they can pull out? 

If a QB can throw with tremendous accuracy and anticipation down the field, it's over. No defense can shut down that down. 

He scored 23 points against an elite defense last week. He torched the Pats for 40 points yesterday on the road. 

Funny how we're expecting all the young guns like Trubisky, Mahomes and Goff to cool off with "tape"

And you thought Geoff was a bust his first year too, so who cares till Allen gets some time to figure things out and gets some real weapons...

36 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Why would weapons matter? Once teams get tape on him, he’s done. Just like Mahomes.

Just cause you don’t like Allen, doesn’t mean you have to post like a loser....or maybe you do...

Edited by Fred Clause

6 hours ago, jrober38 said:

You can't definitely say we'd be better off, but you can make a highly educated guess. 

Mahomes was an elite passer coming out of college. He needed to learn the NFL offense, but the ability to throw accurate passes all over the field was clearly there when evaluating him as a prospect. 

Allen was a mediocre QB in a terrible conference. He was a game manager in college who wasn't asked to do much. 

It's entirely fair to be critical of us passing on Mahomes for the same type of prospect as Allen. Mahomes looks amazing and Allen is hands down the worst starting QB in the league right now.

Why do we need to tear down other QBs to make our QB not look as bad? We'd be in the heart of the playoff race with any of the guys you mentioned. 

Allen was a game manager in college? Is this for real? 

Josh Allen WAS their offense. After we drafted him I went and watched pretty much every Wyoming game the 2 years he started. He put that whole team on his shoulders numerous times. You may not like him now, but he was viewed among GM's as a top 10 pick for a reason.

It's funny because the Buffalo Bills are kind of like the "Wyoming Cowboys" of the NFL. Wyoming actually fielded one of the nations top defenses during Allens tenure, they just lacked a good offensive line and play makers. Sound familiar?  

1 minute ago, Fred Clause said:

Just cause you don’t like Allen, doesn’t mean you have to post like a loser....or maybe you ....

I like Allen just fine. I’m just worried that if Mahomes can go from star to bum because of tape, what will Allen go to? 20 yards passing per game?

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/1/2018 at 11:05 PM, Klaista2k said:

Seriously how the !@#$ did we not take this guy?

This guy is !@#$ing sensational and might be the best quarterback in the league for YEARS to come.

Not taking him is absolutely inexcusable and someone needs to be fired for this epic mistake. 

Then you should be one fired since you stated "we not take this guy" obviously you were involved.

7 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Deshaun Watson has been exponentially better than Josh Allen this year. 

He had a bad game yesterday against an elite defense, but over the course of the year he's averaging almost 300 yards per game passing, 8.3 YPA and a QB Rating of 90.8

If we had that type of QB play with our elite defense instead of the garbage we've had from Peterman and Allen, we'd likely be 4-2 or possibly 5-1 right now.

Nothing against your point here....just a personal quest of mine to get people to reconsider using the QBR stat instead of "Passer Rating"  Passer rating is poor stat for determining the effectiveness of the QB because that stat takes all yards, turnovers etc and counts them equally.  A completion of 5 yards on 3rd and 14 is a poor football play, but passer rating takes it as a completion, 5 yards gained, etc.  An interception in the red zone at the end of the 1st half is a poor play, but if you threw that from the 50 as time expired, taking a hail mary shot before the half, that interception isn't a poor play, it's a throw away lottery ticket at 6....but passer rating considers that to be just as bad as an interception in the red zone, down by 4 with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter.  QBR isn't perfect, but it takes these sorts of things into consideration and gives a more accurate reflection of what your QB is doing. 

1 Patrick Mahomes, KC  84.9

2 Drew Brees, NO  79.0

3 Jared Goff, LAR  78.7

4 Philip Rivers, LAC  78.2

5 Ryan Fitzpatrick, TB  75.4

6 Tom Brady, NE 72.0

7 Kirk Cousins, MIN 70.2

8 Matt Ryan, ATL 68.4

9 Ben Roethlisberger, PIT 67.5

10 Andy Dalton, CIN 62.3 

11 Mitchell Trubisky, CHI 62.3

12 Carson Wentz, PHI  59.9

13 Joe Flacco, BAL 57.3

14 Andrew Luck,  56.2 

15 Aaron Rodgers, GB 55.9

16 Deshaun Watson, HOU  55.0

17 Blake Bortles, JAX 54.3

18 Cam Newton, CAR 53.8

19 Dak Prescott, DAL  51.5

20 Matthew Stafford, DET  51.4

21 Marcus Mariota, TEN 50.4

22 Alex Smith, WSH  49.9

23 Baker Mayfield, CLE 49.1

24 Russell Wilson, SEA  47.7

25 Sam Darnold, NYJ  44.7

26 Derek Carr, OAK 43.8

27 Eli Manning, NYG  41.4

28 C.J. Beathard, SF 40.6

29 Case Keenum, DEN  38.8

30 Ryan Tannehill, MIA  33.6

31 Josh Allen, BUF

32 Jimmy Garoppolo, SF 29.5

33 Tyrod Taylor, CLE 29.1

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

I like Allen just fine. I’m just worried that if Mahomes can go from star to bum because of tape, what will Allen go to? 20 yards passing per game?

There is a big difference though Mahomes came out firing after sitting a year and teams are adjusting after being shell shocked. Allen is learning on the field and has to deal with teams adjusting to him as he goes.

1 hour ago, Zerovotlz said:

Nothing against your point here....just a personal quest of mine to get people to reconsider using the QBR stat instead of "Passer Rating"  Passer rating is poor stat for determining the effectiveness of the QB because that stat takes all yards, turnovers etc and counts them equally.  A completion of 5 yards on 3rd and 14 is a poor football play, but passer rating takes it as a completion, 5 yards gained, etc.  An interception in the red zone at the end of the 1st half is a poor play, but if you threw that from the 50 as time expired, taking a hail mary shot before the half, that interception isn't a poor play, it's a throw away lottery ticket at 6....but passer rating considers that to be just as bad as an interception in the red zone, down by 4 with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter.  QBR isn't perfect, but it takes these sorts of things into consideration and gives a more accurate reflection of what your QB is doing. 

I like QBR.

Any way you slice it Allen has been junk this year. 

Just now, RosenNOTchosen1 said:

Imagine how good this team would be with Mahomes playing this defense.

Just sad that we missed out. 

You mean like, in practice?   :unsure:

58 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Someone also needs to be fired for not drafting CJ Beathard when we had the chance 

And someone definitely needs to be fired for trading away the pick we could have used on Aaron Rodgers.

20 hours ago, TheElectricCompany said:

What is the tape going to tell you about Mahomes? Do you think defenses have some secret weapon they can pull out? 

If a QB can throw with tremendous accuracy and anticipation down the field, it's over. No defense can shut down that down. 

He scored 23 points against an elite defense last week. He torched the Pats for 40 points yesterday on the road. 

Funny how we're expecting all the young guns like Trubisky, Mahomes and Goff to cool off with "tape"

Teams are already figuring him out his last two games he has 4 TD and 4 INT.  The difference is he has so many elite playmakers around him like Kielce, Hill, and Hunt that can go up and make fantastic catches and keep KC winning.. that will change when they face tougher Ds with average Os.. hell I think Chicago could possibly beat them. That make Trebesky a better QB?

On 10/1/2018 at 11:05 PM, Klaista2k said:

Seriously how the !@#$ did we not take this guy?

This guy is !@#$ing sensational and might be the best quarterback in the league for YEARS to come.

Not taking him is absolutely inexcusable and someone needs to be fired for this epic mistake. 

Careful, this board doesn't like intelligent forward thinking logic ???

14 hours ago, Warcodered said:

There is a big difference though Mahomes came out firing after sitting a year and teams are adjusting after being shell shocked. Allen is learning on the field and has to deal with teams adjusting to him as he goes.

There actually is not. Mahomes has 2 more career starts than Allen.

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Teams are already figuring him out his last two games he has 4 TD and 4 INT.  The difference is he has so many elite playmakers around him like Kielce, Hill, and Hunt that can go up and make fantastic catches and keep KC winning.. that will change when they face tougher Ds with average Os.. hell I think Chicago could possibly beat them. That make Trebesky a better QB?

5 TD’s to 4 INT’s.

Oh and 700 yards passing. In two games. He’s been figured out!!!!!

4 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

There actually is not. Mahomes has 2 more career starts than Allen.

5 TD’s to 4 INT’s.

Oh and 700 yards passing. In two games. He’s been figured out!!!!!

He had 0 TDs against the Broncos.. did the talking heads lie to me again? Lol... also I said he has SKILL Players around him make him look better.. I think Hill and Hunt had no less than 5 or 6 catches where they had to leap to make the catch and hell he over shot his intended target and Hill slid down and got it for the TD.. so I will say this again.. he has been figured out he just has a lot of talent around him keep him looking good. (Oh and FYI the Pats D is weak..  why I said a D like the Bears or Rams would dominate him and he look average.. Pats showed they need the fast strike TD to get the TD. They were 33% in the red zone against NE. That is awful!)

• Haha (+1) 1