Someone needs to be fired over Mahomes right now.

Klaista2k

8 hours ago, Yav said:

You and people here are the ones not letting it go. 

I don't like Mahomes and I despise the Chefs. Again, I'm not willing to crown him with any titles after a few weeks. Lets see if he can sustain the success first. Prescott looked great for a season and then what? 

And just so you don't try and spin this as just a dislike for a player, I really can't stand Brady and New England, yet I can give credit where credit is due, Brady is one of the best to ever play the game. 

At what point would you admit we should have picked Mahomes? I'm seriously asking. I feel like people push off the judgment down the line until they can say "Stop living in the past!"

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Chemical said:

At what point would you admit we should have picked Mahomes? I'm seriously asking. I feel like people push off the judgment down the line until they can say "Stop living in the past!"

Never. He clearly wasn’t what the Bills wanted and I seriously doubt he would be doing anything with the WR group the Bills have.

the question is at what point would you admit no QB is going to look good with the Bills WRs? 

I feel like people come to judgement too fast because they are living in the past. 

Time will tell on Mahomes. Sure 5 games in and playing with a stacked offensive roster he looks good, but again Prescott looked great playing behind the best OL at the time in football and with Elliot running the ball with success, but nobody now is saying Prescott is a future HOFer. 

Everything needs to be taken in perspective.

hes had a good start (5 games) playing with great playmakers at RB, TE & WR. 

Edited by Yav
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Uhm.  One of the better young QB's in the NFL?

Well the Raiders are 1-4 he can't be that great. And they were 6-10 last year. That's all my point was. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

Uhm.  One of the better young QB's in the NFL?

Really?

Because raider fans def dont feel that way....they feel that they got a guy who had a ton of promise in that first year and then backslid badly.....right now the guy is an interception machine and cant put hi team on his back and win

Not saying that is gonna be Mahommes because I honestly dont know......but lets not act like Carr is playing well right now

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Really?

Because raider fans def dont feel that way....they feel that they got a guy who had a ton of promise in that first year and then backslid badly.....right now the guy is an interception machine and cant put hi team on his back and win

Not saying that is gonna be Mahommes because I honestly dont know......but lets not act like Carr is playing well right now

Odd post. Carr is 5th in yards, 4th in completion percentage, and 8th in YPA, Just going to throw this out there but it's possible Carr is just fine. 

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

He is also turning the ball over at the worst times and his team is not winning

The turnovers haven't been great though he's had a few really unlucky ones. I'd argue his team isn't winning because their defense sucks and their head coach shouldn't be a head coach. 

Right now, I'd put Carr in the Tannehill/ Matt Stafford catagory. 

And my original comparison was that Mahomes could easily fall into that catagory as well. 

Don't underestimate the Andy Reid factor, that guy is an offensive Mastermind.

14 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Really?

Carr also was an MVP candidate in his third year, and won 12 games as a starter, so this "backslid after a first year" is just completely wrong.  Let's try to pay attention to the league a little more.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Talkin Proud said:

Let's not put Mahomes in the hall of fame just yet. I feel like we went through a similar discussion about Derek Carr about 4-5 years ago, and how has that worked out for him?

Derek carr never played as well as mahomes has in granted, what is a limited sample size. Yet choose any 5 game stretch from his career and I'm pretty sure he never matches it. 

33 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Carr also was an MVP candidate in his third year, and won 12 games as a starter, so this "backslid after a first year" is just completely wrong.  Let's try to pay attention to the league a little more.

Yea Carr's first year stats were not impressive. I didn't watch a lot of them that year, but I kept hearing about him and I'd look at his stats like wtf? 

But I guess he showed flashes and 2nd yr was when he came alive

2016 the Raiders went 12-4. Looked every bit as good as Mahomes does now, he looked like the new Tom Brady. Bills fans were flipping out that we could have drafted him. One good winning season, then a handful of... Not winning seasons. Plus he wears eyeliner.

What about Dak Prescott? He had that one magical season too. 

Mahommes is PROBABLY just the flavor of the week, he's only had 5 games. Again, not fitting him for a gold jacket quite yet.

Or maybe he will be the new Tom Brady. Who knows. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

If you cannot tell that Carr has not fallen off his fast start I dont know what to tell you.....if Josh Allen end up being Carr good in his career ppl like you will be losing their damn minds and falling over themselves to criticize him (even more then you doing after 5 friggen games)

Your takes are so lame