Someone needs to be fired over Mahomes right now.

Klaista2k

On 10/9/2018 at 1:19 AM, Ol Dirty B said:

Honestly, I don't think it fits into either sides agenda. We can't really judge Allen because he has been handed ****. And Mahomes was handed keys to a Benz after sitting behind a starter.

I could make a mismanagement argument but I've done that enough. The Mahomes vs Allen argument is just bad on both ends. He has an offensive minded coach on a roster loaded with talent. Allen has been throw to the wolves behind an awful line, no wr's, and a coach who appears to not give two ***** about that side of the ball.

Sorry that was my own personal bias creeping in at the end.

Maybe he can bring Chan Gailey out of retirement. With McDermott not giving a crap about offense and Gailey not giving a crap about defense it might be a match made in heaven.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Read an interesting ESPN article on how Mahomes has not been made to fit into the mold of every other QB:

The binary nature of his sports journey in many ways helped shape the playing style that NFL fans are just waking up to. More than his rocket arm, Mahomes relies on instinctive breaks from the pocket to find open receivers. Mahomes referred to it as "using every inch of green grass on the field, whether horizontally or vertically." Kingsbury attributed it to the unexpected but rewarding consequence of splitting time between baseball and football in his youth.

"He just wasn't overcoached," Kingsbury said. "Maybe by not having the quarterback tutors that would have worked on his fundamentals, telling him he always had to step to his target and have his elbow at a certain angle. Maybe that helped him learn to throw the football on his own. He has touch and accuracy from different angles and different platforms. His ball just has a natural way of coming out, and you can see that in the way he plays."
Quote:
"Those off-schedule throws are a part of who he is," Kingsbury said. "You see some guys that got repped over and over on certain fundamentals that limit them. He plays with a freeness and throws with a freeness that allows him to do spectacular things. He was never really corralled into a mechanical five-step drop, stay in the pocket, find your check downs. He was always allowed to cut it loose and play. There have been skeptics at every level saying it won't work. But that's what he's really good at."

To make it work, however, he needed a coach who would welcome an unorthodox quarterback and was all about challenging convention. As it turned out, Reid had been building toward this moment for more than a decade.

I hope they’re not trying to fit square Josh into a round hole. That roll out and non-throw to Zay in the end zone is concerning. That’s exactly the kind of play we got Josh Allen for. He needs to let those loose.

13 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

No, you owe me and @Blokestradamus a huge apology for being a Johnny-come-lately copycat on Mahomes, and never once in 3 years acknowledging that you were late to the party on him 

It's really easy to piggyback on the hard work and hours upon hours of grinding through game video that someone else does and then try to pass their opinion off as your own.

But since I'm sure that you'll once again breeze right on past this fact, I'll just take it as a compliment that at least you knew who's opinion to copy.

?

It's time that I came clean. I'm actually Kliff Kingsbury.

18 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

You seem like the type that's gonna stick with this through thick and thin.

If Mahomes wins a Superbowl, you'll be saying, "Doug Williams won ONE Superbowl!" "Let's see what he does now that teams are keying on him!" 

Just let it go.

You and people here are the ones not letting it go. 

I don't like Mahomes and I despise the Chefs. Again, I'm not willing to crown him with any titles after a few weeks. Lets see if he can sustain the success first. Prescott looked great for a season and then what? 

And just so you don't try and spin this as just a dislike for a player, I really can't stand Brady and New England, yet I can give credit where credit is due, Brady is one of the best to ever play the game. 

1 minute ago, Yav said:

You and people here are the ones not letting it go. 

I don't like Mahomes and I despise the Chefs. Again, I'm not willing to crown him with any titles after a few weeks. Lets see if he can sustain the success first. Prescott looked great for a season and then what? 

And just so you don't try and spin this as just a dislike for a player, I really can't stand Brady and New England, yet I can give credit where credit is due, Brady is one of the best to ever play the game. 

It's odd that you keep comparing him to "certain" QB's.

Prescott looked like a solid, unspectacular QB his rookie season. He's regressed and I'm a little surprised. I've never liked Watson. I don't see him improving much beyond what you see.

Mahomes is different and most people who dispassionately watch football can see that. To each their own.

19 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

The Jimmy G who was barely winning games, and threw 7TD and 5 pics in those 5 games?  That guy?  LOL.  I don't suspect many of you have had many chances to watch Mahomes play..the guy from twitter isn't wrong about what he says about Mahomes game.  He is accurate from anywhere on the field moving left or right...AND, he is just isn't phased by pressure.  He never stops looking downfield.  You may find my thoughts on this to be biased...and thats fair....but go watch some film/games/etc.....I'm not trying to portray him as something that you can't see when you look for yourself.

Look at the WR/TE/RB on KC  now look what Jimmy G did that with in SF.. (oh in his 1 1/2 starts in NE with talent he had  4 TD passes and 0 INT.) so the fact he still won with a crappy team around him is actually more impressive than Mahomes. 

18 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

11-2 as a starter.  Secured homefield advantage.  Came in second in total TD passes only playing 13 games.  Highest TD% in the league.  Highest QBR in the league.

But you're right. Maybe he still might suck.

How’s he looking this year? Facing better teams than a 4th place team does?? Ya not so good..

That guy Whaley is still hanging around? Or perhaps they should just fire someone at random just to let Whaley know they didn't like his trade out of that 10th pick? How about we just hire someone so we can turn right around and fire him.

6 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Look at the WR/TE/RB on KC  now look what Jimmy G did that with in SF.. (oh in his 1 1/2 starts in NE with talent he had  4 TD passes and 0 INT.) so the fact he still won with a crappy team around him is actually more impressive than Mahomes. 

How’s he looking this year? Facing better teams than a 4th place team does?? Ya not so good..

Well uh he’s got a higher YPA, higher YPG, higher YPC, higher passer rating and half the interception% of Tom Brady so, he’s looking fine?

On 10/2/2018 at 6:20 AM, John from Riverside said:

I think Allen is gonna be fine...this experience will be good for him....just gotta get him some actual NFL help.....

Mahommes fell into a great situation...happy fo rhim.....but the fact is Mahommes behind this line with these receivers starting in his first year would be the exact same thing we have with Josh Allen now

Not at all.  Mahomes is a real QB . Allen is TE . Allen has never ever been as good as Mahomes not in college and now in the pros. Let's face it our organization is trash and it starts at the top with Kim and Terry. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Not at all.  Mahomes is a real QB . Allen is TE . Allen has never ever been as good as Mahomes not in college and now in the pros. Let's face it our organization is trash and it starts at the top with Kim and Terry. 

go away.

Didnt-get-enough-social-proof.gif

Edited by no name

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

Well uh he’s got a higher YPA, higher YPG, higher YPC, higher passer rating and half the interception% of Tom Brady so, he’s looking fine?

Ya and he also played half the games.. and he is 1-2 as a starter beating only the lowly Colts and failing score more than 26 points in a game yet. Trust me I want him break out he is my Fantasy QB lol 

i see the Eagles finishing 9-7 maybe even 8-8 if they blow one of the games inside their own division.

Edited by PatsFanNH

36 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Uberdice-Douchebag-Body-Wash.jpg

42 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Wow! First Allen is a rookie on a team devoid of any real talent on O outside of your RB.  While Mahommes has Elite talent at WR/TE and RB.  The Bills O line is scarier than any horror movie while Mahommes has a top 7 line.   Third, Allen is a true rookie never having the chance to learn under a good QB, while Mahommes sat for a year under a decent QB..

i understand not liking yiur QB but to be so unfair I. Your judgement IMO is wrong.. your comparing Apples and Oranges here.

14 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Ya and he also played half the games.. and he is 1-2 as a starter beating only the lowly Colts and failing score more than 26 points in a game yet. Trust me I want him break out he is my Fantasy QB lol 

i see the Eagles finishing 9-7 maybe even 8-8 if they blow one of the games inside their own division.

That's why I used per attempt and per game stats.

Edited by BringBackOrton

18 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

That's why I used per attempt and per game stats.

Again he will finish 9-7 and out of the playoffs.. and with worse stats than Brady.. so what’s your point? That he puts up great stats and still loses? What is he the lions QB NOW? Lol

On 10/1/2018 at 10:17 PM, zonabb said:

McD is not Andy Reid. Kid is good but Reid and the weapons are huges reason for is success, as well as the patience to sit him for a year. Most wanted to play Allen right away and that was and is a mistake. I think Allen's collapse (eventual) and Mahomes success (eventual) will cost this regime. QBs cost management their jobs. 

Pegulla can only blame himself.  Who hires a coach first, let’s him run the draft with a lame duck GM, then hires a GM after the draft???

maybe a really good experienced GM would have picked Mahomes with our 16 pick?  Then the 15 GMs ahead of us could be fired too. 

• Like (+1) 1