Someone needs to be fired over Mahomes right now.

Klaista2k

2 hours ago, Nelius said:

Yes, really.

Russell Wilson won a Super Bowl, has been to 4 Pro Bowls, has statistically been a top QB for several seasons, and he could potentially start for another 6-8 years.

Kaepernick never did this, Tyrod Taylor never did this, Dak Prescott never did this, etc. Where are you people coming up with these lousy comparisons? Like him or not, and regardless of what he does this year, Russell Wilson is firmly in Tier 2 QB territory with the likes of Rivers, Cam, and Big Ben.

Trent Dilfer won a SB and was in the Pro Bowl, he fits the criteria as a tier 2 QB. 

You can have your opinion of Wilson. I’ll always look at him as I see him, average not able to carry a team on his own. 

And Big Ben is a tier 1 QB not a tier 2. 

3 hours ago, Yav said:

Trent Dilfer won a SB and was in the Pro Bowl, he fits the criteria as a tier 2 QB. 

You can have your opinion of Wilson. I’ll always look at him as I see him, average not able to carry a team on his own. 

And Big Ben is a tier 1 QB not a tier 2. 

Ummm he’s carrying a team on his own in real time ??‍♂️??‍♂️?

You're talking to the wrong group of people here.

They're the ones that voted overwhelmingly in a thread last week they'd rather have Allen than Mahomes... Why? Who the hell knows. Inaccuracy & "potential" over record-breaking, MVP caliber results I guess. 

The insanity here hit new highs after the Vikings win. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, ALF said:

It takes the best scouts money can buy to ID the right players. Whaley was good at scouting pro personnel btw.

The HC has the most say on QB . Marrone panned EJ at the start and was right.

And funny enough, fans also bashed him, as well as Nathaniel Hackett. Man, people hated Hackett...and hated Marrone for keeping him around.

Then everyone talks crap about what a great situation they left, and how the team will improve now that his crappy offense is gone, even though like you said, he never wanted EJ.

Well don't look now, but Marrone & Hackett got the last laugh. They had Blake Bortles play the best of his career & were a quarter away from going to the Super Bowl beating the Pats in the AFC Championship game. Here they are again this year still playing great, with Bortles on pace to throw for around 4,400 yards, 28 TD's & 12 INT's. 

And like I've been saying for years now, these offensive coordinators call plays KNOWING who they have in the personnel department. If their QB sucks balls, expect a limited & very specific set of plays. Whether it's Hackett, or Roman, or Dennison, when you have QB's like EJ & Tyrod behind center, you're not left with a playbook that's really going to stifle any opponents. But time & time again fans cry foul when execution on the field is horrendous, and blame the OC. 

Just watch all of Allen's passes from last week in this video, and see how many errant & inaccurate throws he made...even when he had protection & ample time to throw  - 

Something tells me we're still going to get to that same point we always do....blame the OC & start over next year. Maybe one of these days we'll luck into a McVay & it'll all be worth it. 

6 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

Just a counter to the Fire whoever passed on Mahomes thread....just pointing out the vast majority of the fanbase wanted to trade out and pass on Mahomes.

That’s not how I read those threads.  It was being reported that the Bills were looking to trade down and people were mostly trying to surmise who they would trade with and what the trade down would reap.  And anyway, the fact that lots of fans were ok with the trade down at the time does not let Bills front office off the hook and doesn’t mean we can’t criticize it now. They are ultimately accountable.  And if Allen becomes a very good QB, all’s forgiven.  I’m sure at this stage of RGIII’s career, Redskins fans were over the moon with their big trade up in the 2012 draft.  

At any rate, even as of now, it’s not the worst trade in the world. At a minimum, with the lower first round pick, we got what looks like a perennial pro bowl player at a premium position.  My real anger is directed at whomever let the offensive talent on this team become so horribly depleted.

Edited by mannc

55 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

You're talking to the wrong group of people here.

They're the ones that voted overwhelmingly in a thread last week they'd rather have Allen than Mahomes... Why? Who the hell knows. Inaccuracy & "potential" over record-breaking, MVP caliber results I guess. 

The insanity here hit new highs after the Vikings win. 

What? This happened? 

9 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Mahomes would look no different than Allen on this team in this offense.

Stop.   That is delusional nonsense.  Mahomes is miles and miles ahead of Allen (and Darnold and Rosen) at this moment.  There’s really no denying that.  The question is, will Allen close the gap and how soon will he do it?

Another amusing thing I've been wanting to bring up... that defense of Allen saying "he played in Wyoming, so he'll be good in the wind!"

You know who else played in the wind (and insane, unpredictable weather)? Patrick Mahomes. Lubbock, Texas is always on top of craziest weather lists, and Lubbock is ranked the 3rd windiest city in the United States by Weather Channel - http://keyj.com/abilene-makes-the-weather-channels-top-10-list-of-windiest-cities-in-america/

For reference, Buffalo is ranked 10th, so there's that.

And in 2013 when Weather Channel did their "Toughest Weather City Tournament," guess which city took #1? Yeah...Lubbock, Texas - https://weather.com/sports-recreation/march-madness/news/toughest-weather-city-tournament-20130315

So if we wanted someone who could play in harsh, windy weather, it seems that guy tearing it up in KC right now would've worked out pretty darn well.

This threads will keep popping up so I'll keep responding the same way. Unless drafting Mahomes meant also getting the playmakers he has around him and Andy Reid as head coach...

It's not to take anything away from Mahomes but to deny that he didn't inherit a playoff team with one of the best head coaches in the league is a little nuts. And to say Allen wouldn't be great in his own regard in a situation like that is also crazy.

I would say that if Mahomes makes or breaks your fanhood of the Bills, buy his jersey, get yourself Sunday ticket and root for the Chiefs.

The rest of us will keep watching the Bills, understanding that we have a raw rookie QB behind a non existent offensive line with zero playmakers and will keep hoping that this trial by fire will help Allen learn what he needs to.

On 10/1/2018 at 11:36 PM, 17 Josh Allen said:

Ah and a Legend is born in one of the most hostile environments in football. Best home record in NFL since 1970 merger. Me and Jeffsmagic tried to warn you during that draft. Yes this is billsareback i’ve since changed my name to 17 Josh Allen. You guys need to step up and admit you were wrong. Pay backs are a B word no he’s not a 4th round pick and a loser like many predicted back when we had that draft discussions. Own it, you guys were wrong, me and jeffsmagic were right 

FYI--you were a full year behind @Blokestradamus and this one other poster--can't remember his name--in coming around on Mahomes.

Edited by thebandit27
  • Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

Dude are you trolling or just stupid? 

I don't even know how to respond to crap like this. 

you're going to make it far on these boards. attacking me and not providing any context is the mark of someone who doesn't know what they're talking about. let me dumb it down for you, so you "know how to respond to this crap"

-Mahomes is doing well partly because he has talented offensive players surrounding him (including a top 5 RB and two Top 25 pass catchers).

-They have the 8th best pass protection through 4 weeks. 

-Their coach is an all-time great and has produced great offensive numbers with other, less talented QBs, through WC schemes (mcnabb, old vick, alex smith, kolb, young favre) 

-Nine other teams had a chance to draft him and didn't.

4 hours ago, BigDingus said:

And funny enough, fans also bashed him, as well as Nathaniel Hackett. Man, people hated Hackett...and hated Marrone for keeping him around.

Then everyone talks crap about what a great situation they left, and how the team will improve now that his crappy offense is gone, even though like you said, he never wanted EJ.

Well don't look now, but Marrone & Hackett got the last laugh. They had Blake Bortles play the best of his career & were a quarter away from going to the Super Bowl beating the Pats in the AFC Championship game. Here they are again this year still playing great, with Bortles on pace to throw for around 4,400 yards, 28 TD's & 12 INT's. 

And like I've been saying for years now, these offensive coordinators call plays KNOWING who they have in the personnel department. If their QB sucks balls, expect a limited & very specific set of plays. Whether it's Hackett, or Roman, or Dennison, when you have QB's like EJ & Tyrod behind center, you're not left with a playbook that's really going to stifle any opponents. But time & time again fans cry foul when execution on the field is horrendous, and blame the OC. 

Just watch all of Allen's passes from last week in this video, and see how many errant & inaccurate throws he made...even when he had protection & ample time to throw  - 

Something tells me we're still going to get to that same point we always do....blame the OC & start over next year. Maybe one of these days we'll luck into a McVay & it'll all be worth it. 

I realize that you thrive on being miserable.....but to make these kind of blanket statements on a rookie qb is beyond moronic.

I think the real question is if Allen was on the chiefs would he look as good as Mahomes and if you answered yes you are probably not being honest with yourself. The real reason we don’t have mahomes is because we were caught with our pants down and weren’t ready to take a qb high because proper mgmt wasn’t in place and that blame goes directly to pegula. If the bills had selected mahomes then he could have sat for a year under tyrod, you could have kept Watkins Glenn Dareus  still had picks this year that could have been used in a different way, all of a sudden the team looks completely different. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

I think the real question is if Allen was on the chiefs would he look as good as Mahomes and if you answered yes you are probably not being honest with yourself. The real reason we don’t have mahomes is because we were caught with our pants down and weren’t ready to take a qb high because proper mgmt wasn’t in place and that blame goes directly to pegula. If the bills had selected mahomes then he could have sat for a year under tyrod, you could have kept Watkins Glenn Dareus  still had picks this year that could have been used in a different way, all of a sudden the team looks completely different. 

We’ll see next week when he travels to New England and Brady gets his hands on the supppsed new sheriff in town 

On 10/1/2018 at 11:10 PM, sven233 said:

Wanted us to take him.....  Kind of understood the trade down, especially since there wasn't a GM in place and the hype about this year's QB class, but everything I watched of Mahomes in college said the kid had just as much of a chance to succeed as anyone else.  Was hoping we would take the shot, but it just didn't happen.

And of course, as soon as the Bills passed on him, he was guaranteed to be a superstar because..........  well, that's just the way it goes.

That said, if Mahomes was playing here in our offense, he wouldn't be doing what he is doing.  He has the best weapons in the NFL around him with one of the best offensive minds of all time.  We have the worst set of skilled position talent, on top of a brutal o-line, perhaps in the history of the NFL.

It's way to early to make a blanket statement about Mahomes and Allen.  I am not sure how long we will have to wait to do so, but to say Allen won't be good at this point is crazy.  But it's up to McBean to put some real talent around him and in front of him in order t find out what Allen is.  And this is coming from someone that wasn't the biggest Allen fan in college.  I just think it is unfair at this point for anyone to write anything in stone positively or negatively about either guy.

This is true we don’t have any weapons to support him but we also would have had an entire year and a full stock of draft picks last year to acquire a ton of weapons and OLine if we didn’t !@#$ up and pass on him. We wouldn’t have had to get rid of Glenn give away a ton of picks to get Allen could have took Edmunds with our pick things would be a lot different in the bills locker room if they took Mahomes 

Edited by Rebel101