Someone needs to be fired over Mahomes right now.

Klaista2k

On 10/2/2018 at 9:35 AM, Wayne Arnold said:

Tim Couch was really talented.

He was.  A Qb that looks like Couch in college will be drafted in the top 10 every time.  Mahomes would look no different than Allen on this team in this offense.

2 hours ago, tbarg12 said:

I mean 9 other teams passed on Mahomes. I’m sure their fan bases are just upset, however they didn’t trade the pick to the team that drafted him. 

Winner winner chicken dinner. This is a Super Bowl post. Many of us made it clear,  me Billsareback at the time and Jeffsmagic made it perfectly clear at the time that the Bills would regret the day they did not draft this guy. We both said he was a once in a life time QB. I said we should trade our entire draft to move up to 1 to draft him. I said you could draft 7 probowlers in the 2017 draft and not draft a QB and wait to 2018 and this would be a failure. Me and jeffsmagic said this guy was the next Farve and would make the Chiefs the dominate team in the AFC Team for the next decade. It’s funny how the people who mocked me and jeffsmagic and ridiculed us about our opinions on Mahomes. You forced Jeffsmagic to quit the stadium wall over the harassment he incurred. Now those people are in hiding and are no where to be found. Your GD right i’m pissed over that treatment back then and I have every right to call all of you out for that behavior we received. 

Shame on those who did this.  .........

Edited by 17 Josh Allen

4 minutes ago, 17 Josh Allen said:

Winner winner chicken dinner. This is a Super Bowl post. Many of us made it clear,  me Billsareback at the time and Jeffsmagic made it perfectly clear at the time that the Bills would regret the day they did not draft this guy. We both said he was a once in a life time QB. I said we should trade our entire draft to move up to 1 to draft him. I said you could draft 7 probowlers in the 2017 draft and not draft a QB and wait to 2018 and this would be a failure. Me and jeffsmagic said this guy was the next Farve and would make the Chiefs the dominate team in the AFC Team for the next decade. It’s funny how the people who mocked me and jeffsmagic and ridiculed us about our opinions on Mahomes, you   forced Jeffsmagic to quit the stadium wall over the harassment he incurred. Now those people are in hiding and are no where to be found. Your GD right i’m pissed over that treatment back then and I have every right to call all of you out for that behavior we received. 

I dont regret anything no matter how well Mahommes is playing right now.....

I like Tre WHite just fine

Josh Allen is raw but the talent is there.....and he gets HIS year before making a determination just like Mahommes did

Cry about it if you want.....it wont change a thing

18 minutes ago, 17 Josh Allen said:

Winner winner chicken dinner. This is a Super Bowl post. Many of us made it clear,  me Billsareback at the time and Jeffsmagic made it perfectly clear at the time that the Bills would regret the day they did not draft this guy. We both said he was a once in a life time QB. I said we should trade our entire draft to move up to 1 to draft him. I said you could draft 7 probowlers in the 2017 draft and not draft a QB and wait to 2018 and this would be a failure. Me and jeffsmagic said this guy was the next Farve and would make the Chiefs the dominate team in the AFC Team for the next decade. It’s funny how the people who mocked me and jeffsmagic and ridiculed us about our opinions on Mahomes. You forced Jeffsmagic to quit the stadium wall over the harassment he incurred. Now those people are in hiding and are no where to be found. Your GD right i’m pissed over that treatment back then and I have every right to call all of you out for that behavior we received. 

They all laughed!!!

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

He was.  A Qb that looks like Couch in college will be drafted in the top 10 every time.  Mahomes would look no different than Allen on this team in this offense.

This is another quote that keeps coming up over and over and over again......

A)  If every QB, no matter how talented or good they look in any other offense or on any other team, would do no better than Josh Allen, then WHY expend all the draft capital to draft Josh Allen?  

B)  If any QB, no matter how talented, or not, they are, would look as good as Mahomes does now, then why didn't Alex Smith do this with same offense and weaponry?  

22 hours ago, Yav said:

Really? 

He is responsible for the pic that gave NE a SB. He’s not all that impressive these days. Kapernick had a good year, took the 49ers to a SB and lost, yet people aren’t falling over for him. 

Yes, really.

Russell Wilson won a Super Bowl, has been to 4 Pro Bowls, has statistically been a top QB for several seasons, and he could potentially start for another 6-8 years.

Kaepernick never did this, Tyrod Taylor never did this, Dak Prescott never did this, etc. Where are you people coming up with these lousy comparisons? Like him or not, and regardless of what he does this year, Russell Wilson is firmly in Tier 2 QB territory with the likes of Rivers, Cam, and Big Ben.

31 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

A)  If every QB, no matter how talented or good they look in any other offense or on any other team, would do no better than Josh Allen, then WHY expend all the draft capital to draft Josh Allen?  

B)  If any QB, no matter how talented, or not, they are, would look as good as Mahomes does now, then why didn't Alex Smith do this with same offense and weaponry?  

Scheme and players matter in the NFL.  Elite QBs make everyone around them better yes.  Those QBs didn't start off doing that.  Look at Goffs first year vs his second.   If you look at the first 8 games last year, Alex Smith was a top 5 Qb by any measure.  When it got colder and the weather turned so did his play.  Just like every position you draft for ability and potential.  To think situations dont matter, players you put around them don't matter, and coaching doesnt matter than good luck.  Maybe the football gods will fly down and hand us another franchise Qb.  Or maybe they build an offense around the one they drafted?  Create a scheme that limits his areas of weakness and highlights his strengths.  Put effective pass catchers and Weapons on the field that strain a defense horizontally and vertically? 

Edited by Mat68

34 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

You're on the right side of the argument, but you're fighting some SERIOUS self delusion. Some of these people will use their last dying breath concocting excuses for Josh Allen. You'll never convince them.

By the way, screw the Chiefs!

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/1/2018 at 8:48 PM, Boatdrinks said:

Andy Reid doesn’t put the ball right where it needs to be. Josh Allen couldn’t make that thing work like it is. Maybe in three years , but I highly doubt it. It’s Jimmys and Joes, not Xs and Os. 

I hate to rain on your fapping for Mahommes but I saw throws against Denver that pass catcher's had to adjust to make the catch (for instance wrong shoulder)

THen they MADE the catch (you know cuz they are actually good) and even got yards after catch after they did it......

But hey.....carry on

6 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

You're on the right side of the argument, but you're fighting some SERIOUS self delusion. Some of these people will use their last dying breath concocting excuses for Josh Allen. You'll never convince them.

Excuses do not need to be made for Josh Allen.....you dont have to make excuses for rookie QBs in Allen's situation...it is understood that he is gonna struggle since he was thrown into the fire to soon and that is ok

4 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I'm not delusional enough to think 1 player makes the 2018 Buffalo Bills anything more than marginally better.  Put Aaron Rodgers on the field they may go 6-10.

48 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

I think that is a oversimplification

Mahommes is playing well.....and the entire offense around him would start over the entire offense around Josh Allen.....and it DOES make a difference

This is not to say that Mahommes ended up being talented just because he fell into the right situation....only that when Mahommes throws a ball....the players on the other end actually make plays with it...they dont just not drop it they turn and get yards after catch...they dont drop touchdown passes (Mahommes still gets the ball to them but you get the point)

And you expend draft capital for Josh Allen because he has all the tools......but is obviously very raw.....Mahommes is def better then year.....I care more about what Josh Allen looks like next year when (hopefully) Beane puts a actual NFL offense around him.

They are not at the same place at this time in their careers

These are all straight from the TBD Archives, staring, You all.  

Here is this gem, discussing trading out of 10 pre draft....amazing how many people were calling for a trade back into the 20's so you could pick up the extra 2018 First round pick.

"The Frankish Reich" has a very prophetic quote in this one.

.....this one not so much....

Another long one with MOST eveyrone on board with trading down and passing Mahomes.

This one is just gold....

Interesting pre draft take here

2 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

Just a counter to the Fire whoever passed on Mahomes thread....just pointing out the vast majority of the fanbase wanted to trade out and pass on Mahomes.

I am sure some wanted him.   I was not one of those people.

Very happy with the Tre White and 1st round pick trade that turned into Josh Allen.

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I am sure some wanted him.   I was not one of those people.

Very happy with the Tre White and 1st round pick trade that turned into Josh Allen.

I saw some of your thougtht in the above threads....you've been entirely consistant throughout this whole thing....my hats off to you sir for sticking to your guns.