Someone needs to be fired over Mahomes right now.

Klaista2k

Andy Reid iand that supporting cast is phenomenal. Mahomes usually has easy , quick reads and has 3 elite pass catchers and an unbelievably creative scheme. Multiple times per game a 5 yard pass goes for huge yardage because of player skill and scheme. But he has tremendous potential. 

Look at Watson who had an unreal start and now is struggling a bit , it's to small a sample size right now to properly diagnose him

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Avisan said:

It's curious how certain... types of QBs never seem to get proper credit, yet so many Buffalo fans are convinced that Josh Allen is the white guy to lead us to the promised land

Oh oops I meant the right* guy, silly autocorrect

Was this necessary? 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Avisan said:

It's curious how certain... types of QBs never seem to get proper credit, yet so many Buffalo fans are convinced that Josh Allen is the white guy to lead us to the promised land

right, auto correct.

not funny, at all.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Teddy KGB said:

Was this necessary? 

Absolutely

This is a pretty consistent pattern with this fanbase (and other fanbases, too, I'm sure) and it will continue to get pointed out until people start confronting their implicit biases

2 minutes ago, no name said:

right, auto correct.

not funny, at all.

It wasn't a joke

Ya'll got some introspection to do

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

The second kc called and asked about the trade, McDermott should've instantly said no and taken Mahomes. He comes from the Andy Reid tree right? Didn't the light bulb maybe go off in McDermotts head? Andy wants this guy, maybe we should grab him. 

I'm smiling,

I thought the same thing. The Chiefs weren't even looking for a QB at the time. Not only did they want to draft him, they were willing...and did...trade up for him.

The other team that wanted him was NO, as the successor to Brees. 2 teams that understand what a good QB looks like wanted him.  That's enough to at least say, "what do they know that we don't? "  

We're getting that answer now. 

12 minutes ago, Avisan said:

Absolutely

This is a pretty consistent pattern with this fanbase (and other fanbases, too, I'm sure) and it will continue to get pointed out until people start confronting their implicit biases

It wasn't a joke

You talking about all the guys who ride or die with Tyrod even after all the fails ? 

You might need to make a valid point next time.  

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

So far, Mahomes has been compared to Dak and Kaepernick. Interesting.

What's funny is that the same posters predicting Mahomes demise are the ones promising Josh Allen will soon be leading us to many, many Superbowls.

It's like some kind of bizzaro world where the worse you look, the better that portends for your long term prognosis.

the comparison to Dak was the situation these guys walked into... I think Kaep walked into a really good offensive environment if I recall.. but I think the Kaep comparison is even more appropriate.

Is it wrong that I kinda hope he goes the route if Kap or RG 3 after this year? Not necessarily by injury, but as fan it would be hard to stomach this kind of sustained success when this team NEEDED a QB, he was just sitting there with no trade up required, and the front office/McD just said “Thanks, but we’re waiting til next year...”

Someone needs to be fired, eh?

I'm surprised the "Fire Juan Castillo crowd" hasn't come in here to say that it's his fault.

(Well,  too be honest, I haven't read all of the pages in this thread, so apologies if they have.)

Edited by Bad Things

28 minutes ago, Avisan said:

Absolutely

It wasn't a joke

my head is pretty clear. just as what you posted was clear. so maybe you should follow your own advice.

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I checked out the analysis from YPP posted here. Perhaps you came to a different conclusion, but it wasn’t exactly kind to Allen’s performance. 

An Allen hater will see the flaws. I saw a QB running for his life most of the time. I can imagine on the plays where Allen did have time he was jumpy. This is the flaw in starting a QB too early. He's not learning anything. It's like training a dog by constantly beating it. It only learns fear.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

An Allen hater will see the flaws. I saw a QB running for his life most of the time. I can imagine on the plays where Allen did have time he was jumpy. This is the flaw in starting a QB too early. He's not learning anything. It's like training a dog by constantly beating it. It only learns fear.

JOSH ALLEN HAS NOT EARNED THE RIGHT TO HAVE "HATERS." One needs to accomplish something before his detractors can appropriately be deemed "haters."

There's a bunch of fans who don't think he's an NFL quarterback. This Allen apology tour is like 6 months old and already past it's prime.

1 hour ago, Avisan said:

This is the worst post of 2018.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

Seriously how the !@#$ did we not take this guy?

This guy is !@#$ing sensational and might be the best quarterback in the league for YEARS to come.

Not taking him is absolutely inexcusable and someone needs to be fired for this epic mistake. 

Maybe we should fire the GM that was here at the time - Doug Whaley - wait, never mind.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Maybe we should fire the GM that was here at the time - Doug Whaley - wait, never mind.

From what I understand he was the GM but didn't really have control of the draft.

McDermott was running the show.

16 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He plays nothing like RG3 did in his rookie season so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make besides throwing shade out of some sense of envy. 

I’m saying let’s see how durable he is.

3 hours ago, iinii said:

Not only did Mahomes sit for a year but he also has weapons. This isn’t even apples to oranges. Some would have you believe Brady would have five rings if he was in Cleveland. 

...not to mention he has Andy with all of his faults....sure he gets the "playoffs rash" but ain't too bad getting there.....

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm very optimistic but there's no excuse for the way Allen performed. He was playing in Lambeau in his 3rd career start, got hit and pressured early and the kid got rattled . Phantom pressure, leaving Pocket early , but THATS OK GUYS! It was going to happen sooner or later . This game can only make Josh better if I'm reading him correctly. I think we see a big time resurgence from the O on Sun , personally. Young team went on 2nd straight Rd game and got spanked. ITS OK! It happens . It's all about how we respond and I expect a big response from this O Sun in front of their fans

39 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

From what I understand he was the GM but didn't really have control of the draft.

McDermott was running the show.

McD is not a GM then or now...again its irrelevant from the point of this thread where its to fire someone, which would be a the GM who makes the final call.

2 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

JOSH ALLEN HAS NOT EARNED THE RIGHT TO HAVE "HATERS." One needs to accomplish something before his detractors can appropriately be deemed "haters."

There's a bunch of fans who don't think he's an NFL quarterback. This Allen apology tour is like 6 months old and already past it's prime.

The ALLEN BUST tour started on draft night before he stepped on a field and its past its prime.  Kettle meet Pot.