Someone needs to be fired over Mahomes right now.

Klaista2k

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

And circle gets the square.

Groomed by Andy Reid in an offense with loads of talent. Or groomed by a WR coach in an offense with no talent.

That only gets you so far. If your comparison is the determining factor on if a QB is good or not, the Bills may never have a good one. When was the last time the Bills had an offensive guru and a QB whisperer on staff ? I guess it doesn’t matter which player they draft, they don’t have the staff to make them into the great players they could be. If only....

11 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

Someone needs to be held accountable for this.

If it was McDermott and Beane's decision get their asses the hell out of Buffalo.

They don't deserve to be running the team anymore.

Maybe this will help youbb1367f2ea5e38fe3307244bf74b53d3--cyanide-poison-serial-killers.thumb.jpg.086d78cd15fbd4b1ea6258bec17220f0.jpg

4 minutes ago, BBills88 said:

I believe they go hand in hand. 

The QB is far more important. He can’t do it alone, but the talent and skill will be obvious. If he has franchise QB ability, he will raise the level of those around him. Mahomes is very good already, might even be great. He’d be good in Buffalo too. Look what he does on the move. No air mailed passes. They’re on target. He played one game last year, this is essentially his rookie campaign with more film prep and an extra training camp. If that’s enough to make chicken salad out of chicken poop, every team would be doing it. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don't get this argument. Andy Reid put those pieces together and ensured Mahomes sat behind Smith (one of the league's best game mgrs). it was brilliant, and their records reflects that.

McD and staff rid themselves of both Watkins, Woods, and any competent vet QB. They're on OC number 2, and have suffered deafening losses. these excuses need to stop. the Bills are working backwards.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, 87168 said:

I don't get this argument. Andy Reid put those pieces together and ensured Mahomes sat behind Smith (one of the league's best game mgrs). it was brilliant, and their records reflects that.

McD and staff rid themselves of both Watkins, Woods, and any competent vet QB. They're on OC number 2, and have suffered deafening losses. these excuses need to stop. the Bills are working backwards.

Thats kind of the point..

22 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

That only gets you so far. If your comparison is the determining factor on if a QB is good or not, the Bills may never have a good one. When was the last time the Bills had an offensive guru and a QB whisperer on staff ? I guess it doesn’t matter which player they draft, they don’t have the staff to make them into the great players they could be. If only....

...Marchibroda....RIP................

2 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

#1 Mahomes was able to sit behind a vet and just watch for a year. (Something I still think we should trade for and do)

#2 KC has an incredible supporting cast

#3 No one on this earth had any clue Mahomes would be good other then KC fans and there crystal ball and management hoping so.

#4 I truly think the person that is really screwing with our current QB is our OC. Example.. 3rd and 4 and 3 out of the 4 receivers out on a rout go deep. Tell me why? Another example, constantly running McCoy up the middle in a bad line. Pitch it to him.. do something different.

#5 our supporting cast is near worst in league right now.

Fans are BITTER! could of had.. would have.. and its because our rookie is looking bad right now.

Fans you want to be ticked off? BE ticked off at these things..

#1 Why didn't they work harder fixing this OL in FA, Draft. when your a team in a draft its normally BPA. But when your have a team that is in bad shape like this O'Line you don't just do very little about it and hope backups will hold up.

#2 How come they didn't work harder getting better, faster receivers in here?

#3 How come they didn't see how bad Peterman really is? Why not junk him now for a vet and let Josh Allen learn and play?

those are the things fans should be ticked off about... You build an Line at same time you get your QB. When you get your what you think is a Franchise QB.. That line at the very least is strong.. I mean seriously? how many times are we going to see the left or right guard help pinch on a DT for no reason what so ever and watch a LB run right around him? be ticked off at these things.

Wrong me Billsareback and Jeffsmagic did we called our shots and said he was hall of fame material and once in a generation QB and would lead the chiefs to multiple superbowls. We both started threads about this during the draft process and we were  ridiculed and ran off the boards. Jeff quit over it. I Love josh allen but mahomes is better. So please just stop there were a few of us on these boards that warned you all and all you did was ridiculed us and made fun of us. Step up and take your medicine Nay sayers. What will you say this week when he goes into Jacksonville and destroys them. What he does can not be  taught 

He is a once and a life time talent. The chiefs said that right after drafting him. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Nature or nurture ? That is the question. I’ll say it’s the former, and while Mahomes has a lot around him he still must be given credit. Watch what he does when pressured, look at his accuracy. He has great instincts. While he might not have the same exact results in Buffalo, the talent would still be obvious. He sat and waited in KC, but while probably beneficial it was not likely a transformative experience. Simply put, you’re either good or you’re not. The Bills organizational ineptness led to this. 

That's your opinion. That Mahomes transcends his surroundings. I think Mahomes would look like what Allen has looked like if he were in this situation. There's a reason there are 10 other players on the field.

42 minutes ago, Billsflyer12 said:

To be clear it is largely McBeane’s doing.  They gutted the roster, they traded away multiple picks on a rebuilding team.  People act like these guys inherited this team and draft board.

Even if you believe it is part of “the process,” they created this mess.

I never said they didn't.

Actually, someone needs to be fired over the fact that in the history of the modern NFL, it’s unlikely that any team has fielded a team so entirely devoid of offensive weapons.  It’s almost impossible to do.

16 minutes ago, 87168 said:

And how long has Andy Reid been with KC versus how long McDermott has been here? 

Beane wasn't here to run the 2017 draft.  Whaley and his crew were here.  They were not going to let a lame duck GM choose the QB.  McDermott wasn't ready to select his QB of the future.  I think he wanted to wait for Beane and evaluate the team together to see what they had to build from...knowing that this year's class was going to have a number of QB's with first round grades. 

13 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The QB is far more important. He can’t do it alone, but the talent and skill will be obvious. If he has franchise QB ability, he will raise the level of those around him. Mahomes is very good already, might even be great. He’d be good in Buffalo too. Look what he does on the move. No air mailed passes. They’re on target. He played one game last year, this is essentially his rookie campaign with more film prep and an extra training camp. If that’s enough to make chicken salad out of chicken poop, every team would be doing it. 

Nobody had Patrick Mahomes going in the 1st round 2017 draft.  He landed in a better situation than Josh Allen in regards to coaching and skill players around him. Josh Allen has the physical tools and smarts to be a good QB.

Andy Reid is one of the best QB developers in the game (Farve, Kolb, Foles, McNabb, Alex Smith) all had great seasons under Andy Reid. So I would not expect anything but goodness from Mahomes. 

Josh Allen will get there, his road to the top is different.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Okay, Sal. But what were you saying in April 2017?

:lol:

That’s a good catch, but the bottom line is that Sal is not a scout or GM for the Bills.  It doesn’t change the fact that there was a major fail that took place in last year’s draft.

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

That’s a good catch, but the bottom line is that Sal is not a scout or GM for the Bills.  It doesn’t change the fact that there was a major fail that took place in last year’s draft.

Sure, but doesn't it kill you to see writers who do a 180 when trying to bash a team for it's decisions? If it was so obvious why didn't Maiorana stump for Mahomes?

Edited by PromoTheRobot