Someone needs to be fired over Mahomes right now.

Klaista2k

So we could have resigned Robert Woods in March if 2017, draft Mahomes in 2017 draft, kept Sammy, kept Glenn because we don’t need the draft pick to trade up to get Allen.

So offense with Mahomes, Shady, Watkins, Woods, Clay.  Glen and Dawkins anchoring the line, all sure sounds like something that might be ok, at least light years better then our current situation.

This also would allowed us to still draft Edmunds and save the draft pick lost for KB.  But yeah, we wouldnt have a good CB.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

Seriously how the !@#$ did we not take this guy?

This guy is !@#$ing sensational and might be the best quarterback in the league for YEARS to come.

Not taking him is absolutely inexcusable and someone needs to be fired for this epic mistake. 

If you are going to blame anyone for this, blame Terry.  He could have hired a new GM in January and started fresh.  But he kept Whaley as a lame duck candidate and fired him after the draft.  

Also a huge part of Mahomes development was sitting behind Alex Smith and having coaches like proven offensive coaches like Andy Reid and Matt Nagy on staff.  He wouldn’t have had this in Buffalo.

Even if the Bills draft Mahomes, you are foolish to think he develops the exact same way.

• Like (+1) 3

THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A QUARTERBACK LIKE HIM EVER!!!!

Except for Deshaun Watson last year when everybody was wetting themselves over him and RG3 and Colin Kaepernick before that.

Stop crying every time you see a good player on a team that isn’t ours.

1 minute ago, BuffaloRush said:

If you are going to blame anyone for this, blame Terry.  He could have hired a new GM in January and started fresh.  But he kept Whaley as a lame duck candidate and fired him after the draft.  

Also a huge part of Mahomes development was sitting behind Alex Smith and having coaches like proven offensive coaches like Andy Reid and Matt Nagy on staff.  He wouldn’t have had this in Buffalo.

Even if the Bills draft Mahomes, you are foolish to think he develops the exact same way.

Earlier in the thread I actually did blame Terry. 

11 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

As others have stated, helps to have a solid OL and pro bowlers at WR and TE.   Mahones is clearly good but he wouldn't be doing this in Buffalo with this supporting cast.

The jury is obviously still far out on Allen (and how he compares to Mahomes long term), but the point that we could have taken Mahomes and used a bunch of picks that we spent on Allen on other offensive talent is spot on.  But that's the problem with having a lame duck GM, new coach, etc.  The Bills were not in position in April 2017 to think through a good long term strategy for building the team.

This year was also suppose to be the best QB draft since 04. Hopefully we have a better outcome this time.

2 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A QUARTERBACK LIKE HIM EVER!!!!

Except for Deshaun Watson last year when everybody was wetting themselves over him and RG3 and Colin Kaepernick before that.

Stop crying every time you see a good player on a team that isn’t ours.

Thats true too, defenses are still figuring out a game plan against him.

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

4 games in he looks great (Although tonight he got carried by his supporting cast) jury is still out and I have the upmost confidence that Mahomes wouldn't look nearly as good in the Bills system with the Bills supporting talent. 

Maybe not the same, but still would look like a man among boys and easily the best player on the Offense. Just would need some help. But his talent and accuracy would make a difference already in a huge way. He’s like a smaller, way faster Ben Roethlisberger. 

1 minute ago, billspro said:

This year was also suppose to be the best QB draft since 04. Hopefully we have a better outcome this time.

Thats true too, defenses are still figuring out a game plan against him.

The fact they have to figure out a game plan tells you something. It’s not just send a blitz every play and he’s toast . 

6 minutes ago, Mango said:

Local reports were that Whaley wanted Mahomes, and then Watson. Was told negatory on the QB, and selected Tre. 

Not Whaley’s call. Preferred pick was to stay put and draft Mahomes. 

Just some food for thought for the “process” guys...

It would surprise me if Whaley wanted to draft Mahomes. He only drafted from top tier programs. That was his downfall as an NFL GM.

50 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

This guy is !@#$ing sensational and might be the best quarterback in the league for YEARS to come.

Not taking him is absolutely inexcusable and someone needs to be fired for this epic mistake. 

His name is Doug Whaley and he's no longer on our team as the GM, you're welcome!

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

Sorry but this is dumb.  How about we go ahead and list all the players that the bills passed on that turned out to be superstars or really good.  Oh don’t forget to mention the other teams that also passed on superstars.   Ya it would have been nice to grab him and not given up picks, but until you see what he can do with a terrible O-line and recovers like we have it’s a moo point.  

• Like (+1) 1

I’m predicting that if you swapped Allen and Mahomes from each team Allen would look like a superstar and we would be saying “WE REACHED AND HAD THE BEST DRAFT CLASS OF QBS SINCE 2004 A YEAR LATER.”

The fact is Reid is a QB coach who can pull hidden potential out of his guys, and the KC offense is currently stacked with playmakers (and one expensive decoy lol). If Patrick was a Bill he’d likely have similar problems we see in Allen.

its a bummer watching him ball out right now, but I’m more interested in seeing Allen once he has an O-line and a few WRs who can catch a football on his team. I’m hoping we turn the corner here soon and become the Rams- Goff started slow and they built around him... now he looks great. I get the frustration but Allen has 3 games and no help right now. Let him learn and let’s see what we have.

Edited by KingBoots8
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I need to see what they do with that cap space before I automatically dimiss it as failure......everyone knew this was gonna be a poo sandwich this year.

When they hired McD did you know 2018 was going to be a poo sandwich or just after he self mutilated his roster??

1 minute ago, Buff76ers said:

Sorry but this is dumb.  How about we go ahead and list all the players that the bills passed on that turned out to be superstars or really good.  Oh don’t forget to mention the other teams that also passed on superstars.   Ya it would have been nice to grab him and not given up picks, but until you see what he can do with a terrible O-line and recovers like we have it’s a moo point.  

That sounds great and all, but this organization has not only shown no interest in offense at all in past what 15 years, but shown no ability to draft the most important position in all of sports.  Its unreal how bad they have been with offense since the K gun era.

Well...

I hate to say I told you so...

But...I would have taken him #1 overall in that Draft...The Bills could have had him at #10...

I love TreDa as much as anyone...But it was a flat out swing and a miss by whoever made that decision...

Life goes on...I'm a Josh Allen fan now...?

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Numbers? 

Allen and Mahomes are similar in that they are both athletic, big armed QBs that can throw off platform. If you want to dismiss that because Mahomes put up numbers in an air raid offense and put up huge numbers whereas Allen was in a quasi pro-style offense outside of the power 5, that’s up to you. And Mahomes came out of college with a lot of questions about how his playing style would translate to the NFL.

Allen may never be as good as Mahomes but that wasn’t my point. The biggest difference right now is how we are nurturing our QB. Mahomes has been set up for success, Allen not so much.

Let me ask you this.

How many college quarterbacks that had stats similar to Allen's turned out to be good in the NFL?

I don't know the answer to this but I'd be very surprised if it's more than a VERY few. 

50 minutes ago, B Fan in LA said:

Mahommes is the real deal, and they whiffed on him.

There is a very real possibility that JA is Losman 2.

Our front office pretends like they are genius's, but they are a bunch of very average d*cks.

Who is this Mahommes you keep talking about?

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Just FYI Terry wanted Mahomes, but didn’t want to be that meddling owner that some believed he was or is. So, if anyone needs to shoulder the blame it’s McD. 

Okay I officially want McDermott fired.

He got rid of all our talented players and doesn't know **** about quarterbacks.

Edited by Klaista2k

At this point, where are where we are and we need to devote whatever resources are necessary to develop Allen and provide the offense with skill players and a strong o-line.  McBeane will have tremendous pressure to fix the roster next offseason with the draft and free agency (with a lot of available cap space).  They deserve the pressure after stripping the roster, but they also should have the opportunity to do the rebuilding.    McBeane also need to do whatever is needed at the coaching level to speed Allen's development.  I have no idea what kind of a job our QB coach is doing, but if he needs help or is not the right person to develop, McBeane need to act.  Same with Daboll.  Significant assets were given up to draft Allen, and while he may be getting valuable experience playing this year, McBeane need take whatever actions are necessary to give him the best shot to become a quality NFL quarterback.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Maybe not the same, but still would look like a man among boys and easily the best player on the Offense. Just would need some help. But his talent and accuracy would make a difference already in a huge way. He’s like a smaller, way faster Ben Roethlisberger. 

The fact they have to figure out a game plan tells you something. It’s not just send a blitz every play and he’s toast . 

Hopefully Allen can get past that issue. He is a smart kid and presnap reads should be the easiest part of QB play if you put in the time.