Someone needs to be fired over Mahomes right now.

Klaista2k

Ah and a Legend is born in one of the most hostile environments in football. Best home record in NFL since 1970 merger. Me and Jeffsmagic tried to warn you during that draft. Yes this is billsareback i’ve since changed my name to 17 Josh Allen. You guys need to step up and admit you were wrong. Pay backs are a B word no he’s not a 4th round pick and a loser like many predicted back when we had that draft discussions. Own it, you guys were wrong, me and jeffsmagic were right 

Edited by 17 Josh Allen
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

It’s !@#$ing Mahomes. Not Mahommes. 

WHO CARES.................???

I'm tired of the Bills not drafting quality players just because their names are hard to spell...............

Edited by B Fan in LA

11 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Beane wasn’t even here

As I recall, after the 2017 draft, the word on the street was that McD ran the draft.  So, if let’s make sure he gets credit. That said, I agree with the other posters that Mahomes wouldn’t be faring much better than Allen behind this o-line and with this supporting cast (perhaps slightly better because he could sat last year behind Taylor).  For that, we can credit Beane.  

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

These threads are comedy gold.

The "what could've been" from this McBeane combo is exceptionally strong.

My advice.........don't watch good teams.........they all tend to have at least one stud player that the Bills let go or passed on for some stupid !@#$ing reason............but hey........they got cap room next year,  amirite??

I need to see what they do with that cap space before I automatically dimiss it as failure......everyone knew this was gonna be a poo sandwich this year.

1 minute ago, billspro said:

We need Allen to become good. Hopefully he takes a step forward against a similar defense this week.

As others have stated, helps to have a solid OL and pro bowlers at WR and TE.   Mahones is clearly good but he wouldn't be doing this in Buffalo with this supporting cast.

The jury is obviously still far out on Allen (and how he compares to Mahomes long term), but the point that we could have taken Mahomes and used a bunch of picks that we spent on Allen on other offensive talent is spot on.  But that's the problem with having a lame duck GM, new coach, etc.  The Bills were not in position in April 2017 to think through a good long term strategy for building the team.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 17 Josh Allen said:

Ah and a Legend is born in one of the hostile environments in football. Best home record in NFL since 1970 merger. Me and Jeffsmagic tried to warn you during that draft. Yes this is billsareback i’ve since changed my name to 17 Josh Allen. You guys need to step up and admit you were wrong. Pay backs are a B word no he’s not a 4th round pick and a loser like many predicted back when we had that draft discussions. Own it, you guys were wrong, me and jeffsmagic were right 

This should be rich...how do YOU think ole Mahommes would be fareing on this team right now

1 minute ago, Klaista2k said:

There's absolutely no evidence that Allen can be as good as Mahomes.

Mahomes put up MUCH better numbers in college and many top analysts weren't very high on Allen. Most said his bust potential is very high. 

Numbers? 

Allen and Mahomes are similar in that they are both athletic, big armed QBs that can throw off platform. If you want to dismiss that because Mahomes put up numbers in an air raid offense and put up huge numbers whereas Allen was in a quasi pro-style offense outside of the power 5, that’s up to you. And Mahomes came out of college with a lot of questions about how his playing style would translate to the NFL.

Allen may never be as good as Mahomes but that wasn’t my point. The biggest difference right now is how we are nurturing our QB. Mahomes has been set up for success, Allen not so much.

30 minutes ago, billspro said:

We didn’t have a GM. You need to have your organization aligned before taking a QB.

Also we don’t have Andy Reid. Mahommes was a raw QB prospect

too.

This- we don’t have Andy Reid 

1 minute ago, major said:

This- we don’t have Andy Reid 

Andy Reid doesn’t put the ball right where it needs to be. Josh Allen couldn’t make that thing work like it is. Maybe in three years , but I highly doubt it. It’s Jimmys and Joes, not Xs and Os. 

31 minutes ago, Reks Ryan said:

It's heartbreaking to watch this guy and knowing that we have still have a big Question Mark at QB.   Not to mention Deshaun Watson.    

But Whaley and the entire scouting department actually were fired immediately after screwing up and not taking either guy.   It's just stupid that you would have a lame duck staff run the draft.    Can't fire Pegula.

Local reports were that Whaley wanted Mahomes, and then Watson. Was told negatory on the QB, and selected Tre. 

Not Whaley’s call. Preferred pick was to stay put and draft Mahomes. 

Just some food for thought for the “process” guys...