Someone needs to be fired over Mahomes right now.

Klaista2k

Seriously how the !@#$ did we not take this guy?

This guy is !@#$ing sensational and might be the best quarterback in the league for YEARS to come.

Not taking him is absolutely inexcusable and someone needs to be fired for this epic mistake. 

Edited by Klaista2k
  • Like (+1) 11
  • Sad 2
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Wanted us to take him.....  Kind of understood the trade down, especially since there wasn't a GM in place and the hype about this year's QB class, but everything I watched of Mahomes in college said the kid had just as much of a chance to succeed as anyone else.  Was hoping we would take the shot, but it just didn't happen.

And of course, as soon as the Bills passed on him, he was guaranteed to be a superstar because..........  well, that's just the way it goes.

That said, if Mahomes was playing here in our offense, he wouldn't be doing what he is doing.  He has the best weapons in the NFL around him with one of the best offensive minds of all time.  We have the worst set of skilled position talent, on top of a brutal o-line, perhaps in the history of the NFL.

It's way to early to make a blanket statement about Mahomes and Allen.  I am not sure how long we will have to wait to do so, but to say Allen won't be good at this point is crazy.  But it's up to McBean to put some real talent around him and in front of him in order t find out what Allen is.  And this is coming from someone that wasn't the biggest Allen fan in college.  I just think it is unfair at this point for anyone to write anything in stone positively or negatively about either guy.

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 13
  • Thank you (+1) 7

Someone needs to be held accountable for this.

If it was McDermott and Beane's decision get their asses the hell out of Buffalo.

They don't deserve to be running the team anymore.

Edited by Klaista2k
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

This guy is !@#$ing sensational and might be the best quarterback in the league for YEARS to come.

Not taking him is absolutely inexcusable and someone needs to be fired for this epic mistake. 

It's your "Respect the Process" HC.  Wait it out.

• Like (+1) 1

A poll with the over/under might be more interesting than the 20/20 hindsight once again: 

how did we let Brady get away in the 5th round?  

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

It's heartbreaking to watch this guy and knowing that we have still have a big Question Mark at QB.   Not to mention Deshaun Watson.    

But Whaley and the entire scouting department actually were fired immediately after screwing up and not taking either guy.   It's just stupid that you would have a lame duck staff run the draft.    Can't fire Pegula.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

We didn’t have a GM. You need to have your organization aligned before taking a QB.

Also we don’t have Andy Reid. Mahommes was a raw QB prospect

too.

• Like (+1) 5

McD is not Andy Reid. Kid is good but Reid and the weapons are huges reason for is success, as well as the patience to sit him for a year. Most wanted to play Allen right away and that was and is a mistake. I think Allen's collapse (eventual) and Mahomes success (eventual) will cost this regime. QBs cost management their jobs. 

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, billspro said:

We didn’t have a GM. You need to have your organization aligned before taking a QB.

too.

Yeah, you're correct. Daboll would've probably screwed this up...............

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billspro said:

too.

We also dont have KC's offensive supporting cast.....and of course Mahommes got to sit a year and was not ready when he came into the league....

but hey.......

• Like (+1) 7

Do it in December and January or it doesn't matter. If I'm a Chiefs fan, I couldn't care less about September and October. We've seen this story before from them. 

I wanna see what they do against better competition. I'm not sold on them whatsoever.

Edited by Billsfanatic8989