Allen had most time to throw than any QB

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

LOL.....this is a joke right?

You have got to be kidding me. Did you not see the ACC FSU EJ Manuel spin-o-rama where instead of stepping up into a clean pocket he chest bumped a defensive end?

Please open your eyes and set down the rose colored glasses. Not only this game but each time he's played he bails clean pockets. Even the freaking coach said it.

• Like (+1) 1

He never throws with any rhythm. This was my biggest fear with him. Watch his feet. Everything is off. He just doesn't see the field well. 

He can make plays with his legs, we saw that ability vs Minnesota. We need to see some rhythmic throws, even if inaccurate or the wrong read. Find the single coverage and let it rip. 

I've always believed the #1 pass blocker is the QB. Ball has to come out on rhythm unless you're special at extending plays. One day he may develop that, that's most likely how he'll be successful. 

8 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I need to see the numbers. I’m not buying it. Do they keep the clock running while he is running for his life?

This is what I think. On many plays he was running for his life for 3 seconds, they probably include that time in their useless stats

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

You have got to be kidding me. Did you not see the ACC FSU EJ Manuel spin-o-rama where instead of stepping up into a clean pocket he chest bumped a defensive end?

Please open your eyes and set down the rose colored glasses. Not only this game but each time he's played he bails clean pockets. Even the freaking coach said it.

I actually rewatched one of those plays so I could explain what was happening to my son. Allen had a clean pocket with room to slide forward, but unnecessarily chose to bail to the side.  That allowed the DE to disengage from the OT and chase. 

8 hours ago, ******* said:

According to Next Gen stats, NOBODY in the NFL has had MORE 'TIME TO THROW' than Josh Allen

It's not how much time he has to throw, it's how much time it takes him to throw. TT led the league last year too.

So yeah, it counts the time he's scrambling.

Passing Stats

Time To Throw (TT)
Time to Throw measures the average amount of time elapsed from the time of snap to throw on every pass attempt for a passer (sacks excluded).

6 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

giphy.gif

Had almost 2.5 seconds there before he was actually sacked, miller had a nice block on his man at the end. way to go oline

6 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

True.......I said before the season KB might get 120-150 targets this season without EVER being open.

But that is also in part because he is basically a TE playing wide against good corners who have nobody else to cover.

And good CB's shut TE's down.    Even great TE's are !@#$ed if they gotta' play opposite a good corner.

The Bills of the 90's always struggled with TE's because they used safeties on them.......and then one day Wade got smart and put tiny Antoine Winfield on the giant Tony Gonzalez and basically erased Tony G.

This gif is a great illustration of why McCoy was actually on the bench for most of the game.

When it comes to blitz pickup he has always been inexplicably bad.

But it was miller who completely missed his block to help double team someone who didn’t need help. He came in so fast McCoy couldn’t even get there in time. 

Id say miller does this a couple times a game

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I’m surprised they’d even let this stat get out. This is the kind of thing that completely ruins your credibility. 

This is garbage data and anyone watching Allen behind that line knows they need to look at what they’re actually collecting. 

Next gen, hope not?

This thread was created for a certain audience. Like the people who talk out thier a$$ about footwork.

Edited by bobblehead

9 hours ago, ******* said:

According to Next Gen stats, NOBODY in the NFL has had MORE 'TIME TO THROW' than Josh Allen

So, when Aaron Rodgers takes 2 seconds to throw a pass from the pocket, it's added to his "time to throw" the same way as when Josh Allen dodges defenders for 4 seconds before being sacked is added to his "time to throw" stats?

Or, is it, when Tom Brady takes a sack after 2 seconds because he doesn't run and Josh Allen evades sackers for 4 seconds, he's credited with "more time to throw"?

9 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

Here's an answer why we suck.

Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Buffalo Bills (62 percent owned)

This is the most predictable stat of the season: Among all receivers with at least 20 passing looks, Kelvin Benjamin is dead last (159th-of-159) in yards of separation at the catch point, per Next Gen Stats. Last year, Benjamin was also dead last in yards of separation among receivers (129th-of-129). A black hole for passing production at this point, Benjamin has caught just 7 of his 21 targets -- 10 of which have been "catchable" (per PFF).

B-b-but Beane and McD know him so all is good, right?

9 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

This is the most predictable stat of the season: Among all receivers with at least 20 passing looks, Kelvin Benjamin is dead last (159th-of-159) in yards of separation at the catch point, per Next Gen Stats. Last year, Benjamin was also dead last in yards of separation among receivers (129th-of-129). A black hole for passing production at this point, Benjamin has caught just 7 of his 21 targets -- 10 of which have been "catchable" (per PFF).

Players who can make catches while covered don’t need separation. Benjamin used to be that guy. For some reason he caught a case of the dropsies and has shown very little effort to fight for balls. That’s been the issue - not separation.

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

Clean if you treat Blake Martinez like he’s a pac man ghost after Allen ate his power pellet

I advise you watch the All-22...it's not doing Josh any favors this morning. Open WRs missed, clean pockets bailed. I counted 4/7 sacks were on him. Our line isn't good, but he ain't doing them justice. 

The sad part is that it only took on magic game for teams to figure us out.  Pressure in the middle with an extra rusher, contain the outside. Allen can't step up like he did before and he doesn't have the experience to read the field yet. No need to worry about the WR's because they suck. Stack the box, stop the run. Shut these losers out. 

Edited by BillsRdue

12 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

Let me say this up front, I agree with most in that Benjamin has been a total disappointment.  But the QB has something to do with this.  I think part of this is also the design to throw to a guy who has not gotten separation.  I assume to this point Benjamin is the primary target on a fair amount of plays, he is not getting separation but the QB is throwing the ball anyway.

I am not an expert but this is what I saw from attending the game.  The Packers confused Allen and the offensive line before the snap in terms of where they were bring pressure from.  I saw at few times where a guy was open in a zone but the opposite direction of where Allen was looking.  I think the defense was adjusting after the snap based on Allen's eyes and since he is not a savvy vet, he was not able to find where the holes were, there were some though.  If you dont beat the pressures, they keep bringing them and that is what happened.  Allen has to beat the blitzing and make the defense pay, then they wont blitz as much.  He had time on many plays, the line is not good but not as bad as many are saying.