How do you develop Allen with the current offense?

DuckyBoys

1 hour ago, bills11 said:

Establish the run so the play-action is actually effective..shady only had 5 carries last game..give him some easy reads like the vikings games..scheme some completions..wr screens etc..move to a quicker passing game so he doesnt have the opportunity to hold the ball and make bad decisions..call more of the plays hes comfortable with.Stick with the run even if its not working and stop getting pass happy hes not equipped for that at this point in his career..if we wanted someone who was ready to be a volume passer day 1 we sghould have drafted rosen . 

Agree with  this.  This coaching staff is NOT putting Allen in place to succeed (or Allen is NOT listening to them).  The coach should have given an earful to Allen for throwing that wild INT into the endzone; there is no place for that throw in the NFL.  You could have at the worst gone into the locker room at 13-3 instead of 16-0 and may be Lewis picks that Int then this game is a lot more closer.   If you cannot pass protect your rookie QB then you have disaster...Remember Carr at Houston...He was the highest sacked QB in his rookie season...he never recovered from that

3 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I'd focus on quick screen passes, plays designed to get the ball out fast. I think they are trying to go vertical a little too much and it's causing Allen to hold on the ball too much. Our line sucks, ball needs to come out fast fast fast, besides, that's the bread and butter in the NFL, stop playing hero.

and our WRs cannot get separation

1 hour ago, DuckyBoys said:

Already have plenty of pro and con Allen threads.  Please dont make this into an other one. My question is what do this year to help him develop with what they have to work with?  What offense can you run with what we currently have that gives a rookie qb a fighting chance to be even modestly successful.  The Vikings game we had short field right away several times and Allen made some plays as an athlete not a qb.  Do we go heavy personnel and run heavy?  Not as concerned about winning football games (were not a playoff contender) as keeping games out of chuck and duck garage time by the second quarter. Obviously having him drop back deep and try and throw downfield with this wr core is a ridiculous proposition  Yet were doing it over and over instead of getting the ball out quick

Based on what we've seen through four games, I believe the official game plan is to surround Allen with absolutely nothing, throw him to the wolves, and hope he doesn't get killed.

1 minute ago, Westside Madness said:

Watching tonight's KC game, I don't want Mahomes. I want Andy Reid. The offensive plan and play calling is insane.

Yeah, our play calling pales in comparison. We have a ton of holes on offense as everyone knows, but play calling (Brian Daboll) is definitely one of them.

• Like (+1) 2

Quick punt.....unless we can teach him to drop kick? (That’s always fun!?)  

THIS is why they wanted to have “some guy” take the beating for a half season or more. This is no surprise. Disappointment? Sure. Surprise? Not at all. If only Nate could be less sucky..... AJ didn’t allow himself to be in that race. 

16 minutes ago, October 1918 said:

Yeah, our play calling pales in comparison. We have a ton of holes on offense as everyone knows, but play calling (Brian Daboll) is definitely one of them.

Now, I will say that their creative play calling is built to support their young QB and is not likely sustainable long term. But it is getting the job done and allows them to win and develop their QB.

Edited by Westside Madness

1 hour ago, bills11 said:

Establish the run so the play-action is actually effective..shady only had 5 carries last game..give him some easy reads like the vikings games..scheme some completions..wr screens etc..move to a quicker passing game so he doesnt have the opportunity to hold the ball and make bad decisions..call more of the plays hes comfortable with.Stick with the run even if its not working and stop getting pass happy hes not equipped for that at this point in his career..if we wanted someone who was ready to be a volume passer day 1 we sghould have drafted rosen . 

Great comments - so agree with this sad situation!

1 hour ago, Captain Murica said:

Easy, purchase an electric shock collar. Every time he leaves the pocket too soon, shock, every time he turns his back to the rush, shock, every time he sails a throw to the flat, shock. I’m all for behavioral adjustment therapy. 

Kinky

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

Based on what we've seen through four games, I believe the official game plan is to surround Allen with absolutely nothing, throw him to the wolves, and hope he doesn't get killed.

But but. Cap space!!!!!

That is the A+ question. If he can make this group better he is a miracle worker and he is likely going to be "the" guy. If not, and the "the process" doesn't kill him, I'm inclined to give him a pass to judgement till next year.

3 hours ago, October 1918 said:

The playcalling is actually been very good. We rent have the talent that KC has to execute though.