In 21 games with McDermott, we have been blown out 6 times

10 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

My God, I don't even know where to start. You have an agenda. I'm not going to even bother.

The !@#$ style of team do you think McDermott is trying to build? Do you remember his introductory presser? It's just not even worth it with some of you. 

they made numerous trades to get a quarterback. Not sure what you are referring to in McDermotts intro press conference. He may of said whatever he said because he had Tyrod. 

4 hours ago, joesixpack said:

And yet, here you are.

Hope is a weird drug. But its effects are wearing off and I suspect I'm not the only one. And I was also a NFL football fan. Now I only catch a glimpse of other games but can and will miss SNF, MNF, TNF, etc. 

It’s a very peculiar trend in that the team doesn’t always lose... sometimes McDermott’s team shows up out of nowhere and lays the wood like in Minnesota. 

Last year after getting ass paddled by the Jets, Saints, and Chargers in consecutive weeks, YE OLE was convinced they wouldn’t win another game all year. And they were losing in such magnificent fashion that you actually had to at least start to entertain the idea that McDermott might get canned after only a year. Then they went in to KC and won.

Under McDermott, the wins at Atlanta, KC, and Minnesota are all as impressive as the blowouts have been ridiculous. 

It’s easy to say this is the worst team in the league and start piling on again, but I think the truth is they’re still a middle of the pack team that rarely plays that way. They either play way above or below that level on any given week. What will be concerning moving forward is if this roster is built out and gets significantly better, will they still have these wild swings under McDermott? 20+ games into his tenure here, it’s hard to say all of this is a fluke and not a trend at this point.

On 10/1/2018 at 6:01 PM, Scott7975 said:

Because its a roster purge.  The guys on the roster aren't necessarily "their guys."  Its more like filler until they do get their guys.  This team has been through the 6-10 to 8-8 years for over a decade.  It gets the team nowhere because they have almost no chance at getting any stars in the draft.  If all they can do is get around average guys then they have to spend the hell out of the salary cap on just a few players.  This team has been there, done that. 

Maybe you don't like watching this team be a dumpster fire... truth is I don't like WATCHING it either. At the end of it though, I know its for the better.  Next season they ought to have a really good draft and pick up some FA's as well.  We should be able to be competitive from game to game next year.  That's assuming Allen progresses and this staff knows what its doing.

The following year they should be able to start competing for real.  If not then its time to fire some people.

Roster purge is bang on analysis.  Look at the Browns now,  they went and got some weapons, drafted their QB.  

On 10/1/2018 at 6:02 PM, thenorthremembers said:

Do you happen to have stats showing the percentage other teams are blown out or perhaps a baseline of what constitutes a blowout?  Otherwise this stat means absolutely nothing

Agreed

On 10/1/2018 at 5:58 PM, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

This is a good post.  It's one thing to lose, it's another thing to constantly get your ass handed to you.

I am really starting to wonder how much more I can take.  Between the game being worse than it ever was and the never ending sucktitude of the Bills, why do I even bother watching.  

There is a different guy every week throwing 5 or 6 TD's.  Four guys are currently on pace to break Peyton Manning's passing record.  Refs are progressively having a larger impact on games.  The game is pure trash right now.  Goodell has let the actual game on the field go to ****.  I think I might be done with the whole thing soon.

I have not watched (on TV or live) 3 Bills games this Century.  2 last year because I was travelling in Germany.

This year I have watched about an hour of the Bills games combined.  And, no other football.

The game has gotten too silly to watch for me currently.  And, I am enjoying doing other things with my time.

1 hour ago, GreggTX said:

Yawn... This again?

Newsflash:  We're rebuilding.

They want you to believe it's a rebuild when it's really a clueless shitshow.

Devoid your team of all talent and call it a rebuild..........Brilliant!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, pop gun said:

20 years of this and counting

On 10/1/2018 at 4:56 PM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I just don’t think it was bad when they got here. That’s my issue. I think Beane made it way worse for seemingly no reason. As if, these guys would rather lose with their guys then win with someone else’s.

No reason?  That team was old, in cap hell, and was bad....that’s why it was dismantled 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

they made numerous trades to get a quarterback. Not sure what you are referring to in McDermotts intro press conference. He may of said whatever he said because he had Tyrod. 

Like I said... you have an agenda, not even worth it. When he was hired it was looking like they wouldn't keep Tyrod. He had no bearing on McDermott saying they want to play defense and run the ball. The guy is another coach stuck in the 70s mentality that we have hired. It's cold, windy, run the ball. It's stupid antiquated nonsense. 

18 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

No reason?  That team was old, in cap hell, and was bad....that’s why it was dismantled 

Well the team has gotten even older, actually like way older under their watch. They weren't really in cap hell until they created all the dead money. But by all means, go along with the narrative these arrogant clowns sell you. It's insulting to our intelligence when they say **** like this, but some people believe them. So I guess I don't blame them.

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Like I said... you have an agenda, not even worth it. When he was hired it was looking like they wouldn't keep Tyrod. He had no bearing on McDermott saying they want to play defense and run the ball. The guy is another coach stuck in the 70s mentality that we have hired. It's cold, windy, run the ball. It's stupid antiquated nonsense. 

Well the team has gotten even older, actually like way older under their watch. They weren't really in cap hell until they created all the dead money. But by all means, go along with the narrative these arrogant clowns sell you. It's insulting to our intelligence when they say **** like this, but some people believe them. So I guess I don't blame them.

What is my agenda?

26 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

It's still old.

It was never in cap hell.

It was never bad. Now it's bad.

I agree.

McBeane are responsible for the decisions they have made.  I want to see how the rest of the year plays out, but it has not been pretty.

On 10/1/2018 at 5:47 PM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

That’s not good. We also now are 10-11 under this regime.

I was happier then words can describe when we ended the drought last year.  It had to be done. The drought was a dark cloud hanging over the Bills and it needed to be destroyed. We all deserved to see the playoffs and McDermott got us there. For the 2017 season alone, I am forever grateful.  I also realize this was supposed to be a step back and a“rebuilding year” Still, I cant help but feel

concerned. Being blown out in more the 1/4 of your games is not supposed to happen. Losing is one thing. Being non competitive in almost 30% of your games is a whole different animal. Im not sure how that will change. I am willing to give this guy the benefit of the doubt because of last year, but I am growing more nervous by the week. 

Glass 1/2 full: soooo we DIDN'T get blown out in 3/4 of our games.

Have you seen the roster?!?

9 hours ago, pop gun said:

Sammy didn’t have the right character.  We need leaders and character guys like Kelvin Benjamin.

18 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The 2014 and 2015 teams were very talented teams. I'd argue the 2015 team was the most talented team since 99. Problem was Rex and then him with his fat brother the following year. 

Even the 2016 team while not as talented as the prior two years was still solid. 

McBeane gutted the roster because they wanted to. It wasn't necessary at all. 

Rex loves that he has a brother that can be classified as the fat one. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

It's still old.

It was never in cap hell.

It was never bad. Now it's bad.

Nobody can convince me the Pegulas signed up for this. 

They may have been sold on not being a good team by McBean but there is no way they were sold on a complete incompatent shitshow. I dont believe it.