Peterman vs Tuel

Peterman-Tuel  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather start one game?

• 2018 Nathan Peterman
    • 2013 Jeff Tuel

I don't want to EVER see Peterman play QB for us again. No offense to the person, but you have to be Dan Darragh in order to be as worse as him at QB, and Dan Darragh was the worst Buffalo Bills QB of all time.

Side note: The Bills would have been fine had they retained Daryle Lamonica, one of the worst trades in team history.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

7 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I don't want to EVER see Peterman play QB for us again. No offense to the person, but you have to be Dan Darragh in order to be as worse as him at QB, and Dan Darragh was the worst Buffalo Bills QB of all time.

Yikes. Never heard of this guy, but looked him up. Wish I hadn't.

image.thumb.png.b8695791f140c1cef7a6517031d32d96.png

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

There are a few of us around that are Buffalo sports historians and remember how bad it can get. We tried to make it with Kemp for too long and got burned. In fact, the Raiders flourished while we took their garbage in Tom Flores and John Rauch.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

Jeff Tuel got a bad rap. He really wan't all that bad. I'd rank him up with Thad Lewis. 

I'd go with with

Nathan Peterman

Then...

Billy Joe Hobert

At least Peterman studied the playbook. 

Kelly Holcomb, TJ Yates and Brian Bohm were all pretty bad, too, no? 

Did you feel the need to start this thread because your ridiculous "who should start next week?" poll/thread got quickly locked down for its stupidity?

Who even cares at this point about Tuel or Peterman.

One player isn't on our team.

The other might as well be a Ghost.

I think at this point keeping Peterman as the sole backup simply serves the purpose of fans giving Allen a much longer leash than he might have if we had any remotely capable backup QB.

Fans might see Allen have a bad home game and be much more hesitant to boo him because... OH CRAP!!!  LOOK AT THE ALTERNATIVE!!!!

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Did you feel the need to start this thread because your ridiculous "who should start next week?" poll/thread got quickly locked down for its stupidity?

Who even cares at this point about Tuel or Peterman.

One player isn't on our team.

The other might as well be a Ghost.

I think at this point keeping Peterman as the sole backup simply serves the purpose of fans giving Allen a much longer leash than he might have if we had any remotely capable backup QB.

Fans might see Allen have a bad home game and be much more hesitant to boo him because... OH CRAP!!!  LOOK AT THE ALTERNATIVE!!!!

In all fairness, the Peterman question is more than relevant. It's about a 50 percent probability he starts again this year if Allen gets hurt. 

19 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Dan Darragh was Bills QB in   1968.  I watched him on a black and white TV from Ft Polk Lousiana.  How  could I ever forget when I was when that went on.  Still watching the Bills after all these years. (50)

"It doesn't matter who the QB is, if they don't fix the O line."   I posted that sometime during the preseason, and it's still true.  

Tuel wasn't that bad, it's true.  He was a lot better than Peterman, but that's a very low bar.  Colin Kaepernick, who is probably washed up by now, would be an upgrade over Peterman.  

Dan Darragh was bad but by the time he took the helm the entire team was terrible.  The Bills collapsed in 1968, only two years after losing the championship to KC to play in the first SB.  They drafted OJ after the 1968 season, and the Bills were so bad that OJ looked like a bust the first two years.  It wasn't until Saban came back and rebuilt the O line and Joe Ferguson came in and they got Rashad that the team turned around.  Darragh was part of the problem in those years but he wasn't the whole problem.