Bills Schedule Breakdown - So far & Moving forward

SCBills

8 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

It at least gives me a reason to watch on Sunday's. At this point seems like it will take a miracle and every bounce going our way for another playoff berth to happen. 

8 hours ago, row_33 said:

you don't need a reason to watch the Bills, you just do it.

Exactly.   Go in with low expectations and if they win enjoy 

7 hours ago, Paul Costa said:

To me this week’s game will define the direction for the rest of the season. If we win we are 2-3 with a couple of beatable teams next. If we lose this one and our offense continues to struggle we are on target to get a top 5 pick. We as fans obviously have no control over the outcome. I’m hoping we win and we see signs of life from our Offense. I can’t help myself. I still think we got a shot!! 

Win win. 

7 hours ago, Paul Costa said:

To me this week’s game will define the direction for the rest of the season. If we win we are 2-3 with a couple of beatable teams next. If we lose this one and our offense continues to struggle we are on target to get a top 5 pick. We as fans obviously have no control over the outcome. I’m hoping we win and we see signs of life from our Offense. I can’t help myself. I still think we got a shot!! 

I am in the same boat-after this game at home we play 2 underachieving 1-3 teams. A 4-3 record isn't even out of the realm of possibility. 

This season is just going to naturally be full of ebbs and flows.

Everyone would have been ecstatic with a 2-2 record to start the season with the schedule we had.

We're 1-3.  That's okay.

I expect us to go at least 2-2 in the next quarter and 3-1 is attainable.

Back half of the season consists of 5 home games and 5 division games.

Yes, we're still alive and fine.  The season is just a work in progress.  It's unfortunate McDermott fell for the Peterman mirage over the Summer because it took a lot of valuable reps away from Allen getting some chemistry with his OL and WRs.

This thing is just gonna take time.

Daboll needs to be a lot more creative than he was on Sunday.

But considering the youth at the most important position on offense and the most important position on defense, I expect we'll probably see this pattern of 1 step back for every 1 or 2 steps forward we take throughout the year.

But yes, playoffs are still very much within reach.

On 10/2/2018 at 12:58 AM, SoCal Deek said:

Please don't overthink this. The 2018 Bills are not very good at all.  The quality of their opponents, or where they have played them, has almost nothing to do with it.  Life goes on!

Disagree.  In parity driven NFL, it comes down to coaching.  This team can win games especially with 7 more games at home.

2 hours ago, ganesh said:

Disagree.  In parity driven NFL, it comes down to coaching.  This team can win games especially with 7 more games at home.

Ganesh. The middle of the league indeed has parity.  But every year there’s a team or two the separate themselves at both the top and the bottom. The Bills have separated themselves in 2018.  This is not a good team. They simply don’t have the roster. They have nobody coming back from injury and the cavalry doesn’t appear to be coming in the form of a free agent. Settle in for a long season.

On 10/1/2018 at 3:38 PM, row_33 said:

fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son....

image.png.acc039d5eae3216747b618bff5f1a9e2.png

Now, why do we need to hate on fat and drunk? I mean in the words of the 20th century philosopher, "Stupid is as stupid does"....so, that's where stupid reaches it's zenith....but what did fat and drunk ever do to you? Let's let them live the good life without the ball and chain of "stupid".....c'mon man! Fat and drunk IS the way to go through life.....

Edited by BigBuff423

On 10/1/2018 at 2:13 PM, IronyAbounds said:

The Bills just got hammered with the worst possible schedule. Two home games in the first 7 is ridiculous. There may well be other teams stuck with that type of schedule, but it just brutal, not to mention stupid to give a cold weather team very few home games during nice weather. 2-2 is probably the best we can hope for, and I really don't think it is likely. The Texans and Colts aren't that good, but they also won't be looking ahead like the Vikings were, so I really think the Titans are the best hope for a win out of those 4.

Green Bay fans bitchin about this too...we think it is to force new stadium, they think it is because cold looks great on TV..not so great in person!

On 10/1/2018 at 3:28 PM, SoCal Deek said:

Please don't overthink this. The 2018 Bills are not very good at all.  The quality of their opponents, or where they have played them, has almost nothing to do with it.  Life goes on!

Not 100% on board with this. The Pittsburgh year the Bills were 3-6 till they hit a very winnable part of the schedule to get to with 6 wins in a row...then Pittsburgh.

Also, Rexy's last year started 0-2..then hit a stretch of 4 winnable games and at 4-2 we thought we had a life...all based on the schedule.

I do think it matters..3 of 4 on the road..and I know power rankings are silly but based on this one we have played 4 of the top twelve teams ...again 3 of thos on the road

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/10/nfl-power-rankings-week-4-rams-patriots-packers-cowboys

I still think the Bills stink BTW?

BTW, we playing a Titans team that just beat the Eagles and the Jags...yikes???

Edited by plenzmd1