Bills Schedule Breakdown - So far & Moving forward

SCBills

I know we're all frustrated and a bit confused on what this team is, direction their heading, and if they will have any type of identity this year.  It's worth pointing out what our first quarter schedule looked like..

1 home game

3 away games

1 win against Minnesota, @ Minnesota.  Perhaps they are overrated, perhaps not.  Still a team many think will make the playoffs.  Road win.

3 losses:

1 home loss to the Chargers.  Phillip Rivers led Offense with one of the best pass rushes in the NFL.  They are currently 2-2.

2 road losses.  One road loss to a NFC SB contender, led by Aaron Rodgers.  One road loss to what looks to be an early season AFC favorite, Baltimore Ravens.

I think we will have a much better idea of what this team is after this next quarter:

Titans - Home

Texans - Away

Colts - Away

Pats - Home

Three winnable games, then the inevitable L to the Pats. 

Is our defense legit?

How does Josh Allen bounce back?

Do we have a running game?  If so, where does Shady fit?

Do we have any WR's worthy of keeping past this year?

Can we go 3-1/2-2 over this stretch to keep Playoffs in sight with the abundance of home games in the back half of the schedule? 

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills just got hammered with the worst possible schedule. Two home games in the first 7 is ridiculous. There may well be other teams stuck with that type of schedule, but it just brutal, not to mention stupid to give a cold weather team very few home games during nice weather. 2-2 is probably the best we can hope for, and I really don't think it is likely. The Texans and Colts aren't that good, but they also won't be looking ahead like the Vikings were, so I really think the Titans are the best hope for a win out of those 4.

• Like (+1) 1

I think the Titans are a tough team and their new coach has them very well prepared and ready to fight it out till the end. And we don’t know what the !@#$ we are doing we are just playing darts blindfolded throwing **** where ever hoping it works 

Edited by Rebel101
  • Like (+1) 2

Best would be to just keep losing. Ideally they progress in these games and look better in their losses.

I'd be OK with "24-21" losses the rest of the way. Competitive, with the offense scoring some points, and the defense not getting totally annihilated (maybe 1 score against them is on the offense.. pick-6 or whatever).

It's not happening this year (obviously). We need draft firepower with a top-3 pick (and hopefully trade down to amass more). 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Best would be to just keep losing. Ideally they progress in these games and look better in their losses.

I'd be OK with "24-21" losses the rest of the way. Competitive, with the offense scoring some points, and the defense not getting totally annihilated (maybe 1 score against them is on the offense.. pick-6 or whatever).

It's not happening this year (obviously). We need draft firepower with a top-3 pick (and hopefully trade down to amass more). 

Brilliant...

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

I think we will have a much better idea of what this team is after this next quarter:

Titans - Home

Texans - Away

Colts - Away

Pats - Home

Three winnable games, then the inevitable L to the Pats. 

man, it's just not getting easier soon enough 

But I'm still thinking the Colts and Texans are having headaches as well.  

16 minutes ago, Success said:

I’m excited.  Everyone is writing us off, as they should at this point - but the schedule gets easier.

I still think there is a shot we could hit the bye at 5-5.

fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son....

image.png.acc039d5eae3216747b618bff5f1a9e2.png

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

man, it's just not getting easier soon enough 

But I'm still thinking the Colts and Texans are having headaches as well.  

The Colts and Texans are way more polished than the Bills by leaps and bounds......and thats not saying much......Bills have the offence productivity of a decent high school football team...thats what it looks like to me.....4 games in and the inconsistancy is alarming....that is a product of bad coaching

Edited by JPP

Despite the fact that the Titans defense is better than Green Bay's I think we eek one out next Sunday.  In Houston, I have serious reservations too much offense and too much Clowney and Watt.,  Indianapolis, at Indianapolis a winnable game but they must play at Vikings level I think no.  Patriots at home, no probably not.  At worst 2-6 at best 3-5.

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Can we go 3-1/2-2 over this stretch to keep Playoffs in sight with the abundance of home games in the back half of the schedule? 

Probably not. Our offense is a complete joke right now. 

We're averaging 12.5 points per game. You can't win with that today when QBs are regularly throwing for 400 yards and 3 TDs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, JPP said:

The Colts and Texans are way more polished than the Bills by leaps and bounds......and thats not saying much......Bills have the offence productivity of a decent high school football team...thats what it looks like to me.....4 games in and the inconsistancy is alarming....that is a product of bad coaching

True.  But still, they have problems hopefully the Bills can exploit 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

29 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

If we can just get to even 3-4 and then 5-5 at midway point with marked improvement shown I feel like we have a chance to make a run with much easier schedule coming our way. All those backloaded home games may help as well 

That's one thing to look forward to.  

21 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

That's one thing to look forward to.  

It at least gives me a reason to watch on Sunday's. At this point seems like it will take a miracle and every bounce going our way for another playoff berth to happen. 

9 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

It at least gives me a reason to watch on Sunday's. At this point seems like it will take a miracle and every bounce going our way for another playoff berth to happen. 

you don't need a reason to watch the Bills, you just do it.

To me this week’s game will define the direction for the rest of the season. If we win we are 2-3 with a couple of beatable teams next. If we lose this one and our offense continues to struggle we are on target to get a top 5 pick. We as fans obviously have no control over the outcome. I’m hoping we win and we see signs of life from our Offense. I can’t help myself. I still think we got a shot!!