Rodak: Bills Should Explore Trades for McCoy and Benjamin

24 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

KB isn't worth anything.  Will probably be a FA after this year that we'll hopefully decline to sign.

IMO, trading a player chosen team captain is sending the wrong message to the rest of the team.  I think you have to hold onto him.

As far as his performance this season goes, we've seen time and again that the nation does not watch bills games and generally just go with the talking points.  We know what he is but I bet there's a team out there not in the know and will assume he could be an addition.

1 minute ago, sleeby said:

As far as his performance this season goes, we've seen time and again that the nation does not watch bills games and generally just go with the talking points.  We know what he is but I bet there's a team out there not in the know and will assume he could be an addition.

I completely agree that the national media knows little to nothing about the Bills.  But I disagree with this regarding the other 31 teams.  Each team has a pro personnel department, whose job it is to scout other teams and know their players, especially FAs and those likely on the trade block.  They're not relying on the national media for this.  I'd bet that they know exactly who and what KB is.

nobody is trading for shady and his $9 mil cap hit. this is his last year with the team. he will be cut after this season with 1 yr remaining on his contract.

nobody is trading for KB unless we include draft picks with less coming back. he will not be resigned by the bills next season as a free agent 

in the meantime, both need more targets

38 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

There is no doubt in my mind that Beane can find a sucker...uh...team to give up even a 5th or 6th for Benjamin. He has 2 good years, size and other teams can say "Yea, Buffalo doesnt know how to use WRs." Someone would take a chance on him. 

McCoy in my opinion is a guy that teams may look at as a 1 or 2 year rental himself. Philly was rumored to be sniffing around for a Bell trade, but they had intrest in bringing Shady back last year. I can see them inquiring again this year.

The Jets ?

55 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

KB isn't worth anything.  Will probably be a FA after this year that we'll hopefully decline to sign.

IMO, trading a player chosen team captain is sending the wrong message to the rest of the team.  I think you have to hold onto him.

At this point you might be doing McCoy a favor he would want.

Does he like Buffalo and his teammates?  It does appear so. But if you gave him an opportunity to trade him to a team in the playoff race, I think he would go for it and appreciate the Bills for doing it.

• Like (+1) 1

Surprise trades and surprise compensation for players in trades happens all the time.

Maybe we could get something for Shady with the right team.

No one in this thread is calling up GMs around the league and feeling out the situation.

If Beane can get something of value for Shady, do it!  Shady won't be back here next year anyway.

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I don’t think any team is signing KB this offseason

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Might as well evaluate players who will be here next year.  ESPECIALLY when our running game looks better with Ivory/Murphy and Kelvin Benjamin is basically Andre Holmes with better name recognition.

That's an insult to Andre Holmes - Holmes is much faster than KB and acts like he is at least trying to catch contested balls.

Edited by BobChalmers