Shaq Lawson move to DT?

YoloinOhio

30 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm a little worried that a FA WR wouldn't want to come here because WR careers go to die in Buffalo.

If we do go after a top prospect at the 3 technique....where are we going to get that top tier WR prospect?

Wr careers go to die in Buffalo? We’ve had some pretty good ones go through our system that got pretty good contracts once they left. 

This is clearly the worst group of wrs we’ve had but I wouldn’t say their careers go to die here. 

6 minutes ago, CDogg20 said:

Wr careers go to die in Buffalo? We’ve had some pretty good ones go through our system that got pretty good contracts once they left. 

This is clearly the worst group of wrs we’ve had but I wouldn’t say their careers go to die here. 

Maybe a little hyperbolic with "careers go to die" but we haven't had any consistency in the passing game in years.

This is where a veteran backup would help Allen when he comes off the field after a play like that... Vets have seen many of these different exotic blitz packages and schemes that Allen has virtually no familiarity with... After that series he would be able to come off the field and discuss with a vet/mentor how to diagnose and change up the protections.  Instead he just has “5 pick” and a coordinator sitting in a booth...

and yeah, Lawson is a waste of space, might as well try and eat some of that space in the middle.

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Maybe a little hyperbolic with "careers go to die" but we haven't had any consistency in the passing game in years.

Now I can agree with that statement for sure. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NextYear'sTheOne said:

It's stuff like Mills leaving Matthews alone that has me blaming Juan. This oline looks confused more often than not, and the number of free rushers is astounding. They don't know what they are supposed to do which, to me, indicates poor coaching. 

I agree, so many times they leave a rusher unblocked to double team someone right next to them

51 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

PFF has Phillips rated pretty highly...what exactly were you expecting?

Ahhhh....maybe for him to sniff a opposing qb's breath????? No sacks and no pressures after 4 games.He had 15 sacks in his last two years at Stanford,I'm not seeing anything close to that type of play and his large body is the reason why he has a whopping 7-8 tackles this year...I realize he's being rotated,maybe it's time for him to see more of the field so he can get some rhythm....since he has raw talent.