Ease up on Allen

4 hours ago, fridge said:

People love the Aikman comparison anytime a rookie QB doesn't look good.

I can’t speak for other people. I thought it was a pretty extreme floor that helps to understand just how bad it can get even with a good nucleus in place. That is all.

6 hours ago, berg1029 said:

Allen really needs to learn to feel the pressure better.  You watch any of the top QBs and they are able to make the most out of just taking a few steps within the pocket.  With him though, it just feels like he gets happy feet and stops thinking about how to move about in the pocket to maximize his chance to get off a good throw.

Thats the main reason he's the #32 ranked QB in the league. The numerous pressures are this ^^ more than the O-line.  Cleveland is a good example where Tyrod was pressured on 42% of his passing attempts.  Mayfield half of that at 21%.  Same O-line blocking but Tyrod waits too long just like Josh.  Internal clock issue. 

While this board doesn't think so, I'm afraid we're ruining this kid where his bad habits will become normal. He is not a starting caliber QB and McD entirely screwed the pooch at managing Josh's development; and the whole QB position on our team for that matter.  JMO.

• Like (+1) 1

Bear with me on this comparison.....any one on the board with cover band experience please confirm this point. When you learn a new song to cover...the first several times you perform it, you are singing through your brain....unable to make minor corrections if another band member goes to the bridge too soon. After awhile the lyrics and arrangement come automatically and you can play the audience....make corrections change the arrangement on the fly. This to me is like playing qb.....when the playbook and progressions are second nature, blitzes will be picked up...audibles will be successful. 

Edited by The Process

13 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No.  Stop stating this myth and lie. Sammy was gone REGARDLESS if we drafted Mahomes.  There is no reality where they would BOTH be on this team.  So stop.  They didnt keep Sammy because of they knew they were not going to pay what he get on the open market.  Had NOTHING to do with who the QB was.  Had they drafted Mahomes, he still gets traded.  Its that simple...and even IF they didnt trade him, there was ZERO chance they would have paid him $16m that he got in FA.  

You dont seem to have a grasp of reality when it comes to should have could have game you seem to love to play right now.

You keep telling me the reason Mahomes is good and Allen is bad is that Mahomes has weapons.

It's kind of ironic that one of those weapons is a guy we threw away. 

The circular logic that goes into defending this organization and Allen specifically is really something to behold.

50 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Allen probably isn't going to work out. 

People can make all the excuses they want, but he was a risky pick who plays a position where most 1st round picks at that position aren't successful. 

They also didnt put him in the best situation. I can inderstand releasing Mcarron for cap reasons, but after the Peterman debacle. He should have been resigned

After game 3 he was The Savior. After game 4 he is The Bust. People are so ridiculous. BTW he is the QB we have, like it or not. So why not indeed ease up on him so he keeps his mental outlook and have fun playing the game? It sucks for the OTHER players, especially the Vets, that this is the learning year for Allen. But folks, he is a rookie, a green one at that. Expect some growing pains. These are normal. What we have to see is how fast he adapts, learns, shore up some of his flaws. Calling him a bust already, damn. Again, read the title of this thread.

1 hour ago, Jerome007 said:

After game 3 he was The Savior. After game 4 he is The Bust. People are so ridiculous. BTW he is the QB we have, like it or not. So why not indeed ease up on him so he keeps his mental outlook and have fun playing the game? It sucks for the OTHER players, especially the Vets, that this is the learning year for Allen. But folks, he is a rookie, a green one at that. Expect some growing pains. These are normal. What we have to see is how fast he adapts, learns, shore up some of his flaws. Calling him a bust already, damn. Again, read the title of this thread.

fun....

2 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Allen probably isn't going to work out. 

People can make all the excuses they want, but he was a risky pick who plays a position where most 1st round picks at that position aren't successful. 

In year 1.....after 3 games.....with the worst possible situation possible.....

I understand that your playing the percentages with this post....it doesnt make it any less of a douchy post

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

In year 1.....after 3 games.....with the worst possible situation possible.....

I understand that your playing the percentages with this post....it doesnt make it any less of a douchy post

Whats so douchy about it. He was not a very good mid conference qb, that got pick by people who so far has proven they cant evaluate offensive talent.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/1/2018 at 10:35 AM, THE SLAMMER said:

LOL, Remember the Patience Poll?

78% said they are willing to give any rookie QB 2 years....

Looks like the 22% WANT IT NOW!!!

Must be the Millenniums

That other group, the Millennials, probably don't know that football isn't futbol.

• Haha (+1) 1

This one play sums up where Josh Allen is right now:

He sees that Holmes is the right read. He has the arm strength to get it there - only a couple QBs in the league can make that throw without it being a pick six. But before he throws it he hesitates for maybe half a second. He isn't trusting what he sees yet. Remember that he comes from the Mountain West conference and he's only been playing football for a few years. The Bills are betting on the game slowing down for him after a year of experience. No guarantee that happens of course but that's the plan.

• Like (+1) 1

Deshaun Watson first 2 games:  

12-23, 102 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

15-24, 125 yards 0 TD, 0 INT

Did that mean he was gonna suck too?  I mean he had a substantially more talented team around him in receiving options and OL yet sputtered out the gate.  I mean its utterly ridiculous for people to freak out about Josh right now after 3 games, 1 of which was excellent in his first road start against a tough opponent.  

Bottom line is people need to SERIOUSLY R-E-L-A-X and take a bottle of chill pills.  Goff in his first year starting was terrible...Trubisky threw 7 total TDs as a rookie.  Like Allen, Goff was playing behind a terrible OL, one of worst in NFL.  And like McCoy, Gurley even sucked behind that line.  Goff also was throwing to a train wreck of a WR group that still wasnt as bad as ours currently are.  Same with Trubisky, terrible offensive personnel his rookie year around him, and ours is still worse than both those guys had their rookie years.  Both of them saw their offenses rebuilt going into their 2nd year, majorly over hauled, and that led to their growth.  

To make judgements and label the kid a bust at this stage is absurd.  To freak out is unnecessary.  To panic is more Premature than Jason Biggs in American Pie.  

Would it be great to see the kid light it up, of course...but thats not realistic on this putrid offense.  The D was overhauled and now the offense will be next year with our QB in place.  This will be a long season for any QB, even harder on a rookie QB trying to learn under these circumstances.  Shocked at some of the nonsense all over this board right now, and I shouldn't be, its par for the course. But its at an all time worst right now around here.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Whats so douchy about it. He was not a very good mid conference qb, that got pick by people who so far has proven they cant evaluate offensive talent.

Oh wow, love having a patriette troll here trolling on Allen. LOVE it.

Dude, don't you have ANYWHERE else to be?

The games to fast for him as expected this early in his career and he has no help. If the line could hold up a little extra for him to process, get a running game going, but we are lucky if they don't discinigrate immediately. Receivers need to catch the balls that are catchable, it's sickening. Every play a member of this offense is getting beat, Allen needs to be a game manager at this point instead he's seeing 3rd in long, has no confidence staying in The pocket (understandably) and being forced to make plays.

14 hours ago, fridge said:

People love the Aikman comparison anytime a rookie QB doesn't look good.

We don't need to use any one comparison. There are numerous examples. Aaron Rodgers famously had a lot of issues his couple years at camp but worked relentlessly to fix his mechanics and learn how to throw a receiver open. Some people have already decided Allen will never be good. The rest of us are being patient because truthfully none of us can predict the future.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chris66 said:

And what is your barometer for the staff has "PROVEN" they cant evaluate talent?  This is such a ridiculous statement.  I love how this Regime is labeled terrible at something they have not yet really gotten to do.  This is their SECOND year on the field, and they were here for ONE draft, well at least Beane who is the GM.  

And in that draft, the top 3 picks were Allen and 2 guys on D...so where is this "proof" they cant evaluate offensive talent?  Oh let me guess...they didn't sign Woods or Goodwin back and traded Sammy.  Well let me stop you right there...Woods and Goodwin were gone BEFORE Beane was ever the GM, and no one here outside a couple of us (like me) thought Goodwin was good or could play in the NFL.  Most did not want Woods either, especially for the price he got and how he was always dinged up and never really found a way to establish himself here.  Most importantly, he did NOT want to resign here and wanted to go home to LA.  But again, gone before Beane arrived.

Then there is Sammy, a guy I certainly wanted to keep myself.  But they didn't choose to trade him because they cant evaluate talent, they traded him because they new they would lose him for nothing as they were not going to pay him what he would command.  And they got back pretty good value for a guy who managed just 500 yards on a prolific offense last year while healthy all year.  

So whats left here...oh yeah, Kelvin.  MOST of this board was ecstatic when we traded for KB.  So guess MOST this board sucks at evaluating offensive talent.  He certainly has been a let down, but I doubt the FO felt he would be this bad.  Honestly, KB troubles to me are based on effort not talent.  I dont think they traded for him expecting him to half ass plays, I mean they were very familiar with him.  Even McD called him out this week.  

Outside of that...there is no evidence of anything.  You are just pissing and moaning because you seem to think this is a Madden game where you can wheel and deal and build a super team in one draft.  Its not cheap to get a QB, we made the moves to go get one.  What did it cost us...picks.  Damn near this entire board was DEMANDING we trade THREE first round picks to move up and get their guy...Beane got his guy without giving up ANY additional firsts.  That led to us landing another elite prospect in the first, Edmunds.  

There was not a lot we could do in FA because they had to tear it down to clean the cap up for NEXT year.  So this year there was very little to be done other than small FA signings and the draft.  NONE of that has ANYTHING to do with offensive evaluation talent.  The cupboard is bare on offense, not because they chose to poorly on who they added, but because they really couldn't add much THIS year.  And they unexpectedly lost 2 more OL they had not planned on losing either.  

Man this board is ridiculous.  This FO may or may not prove to be good at this or that...but one thing is for sure, they have NOT had enough time to know the answers to any of those questions.  So they have not PROVEN anything yet, good or bad.  Its crazy how little people acknowledge how great this team is set up for next year in draft capital and cap space. 

Edited by Alphadawg7