Josh Allen: A fawn in headlights

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Agree entirely. He was trying to force the issue and make something happen. That’s more like a cornered lion than a deer in the headlights. Josh Allen may end up busting, but he’s gonna bust while going down swinging. Along the way, he’s going to learn that he can’t beat pros with his sheer athletic ability and strong arm like he’s always been used to doing. 

Again, taking seven sacks in a single game is not forcing the issue or “going down swinging.” It’s the total opposite: apprehension.

Just now, Wayne Arnold said:

Again, taking seven sacks in a single game is not forcing the issue or “going down swinging.” It’s the total opposite: apprehension.

I suggest you review all seven sacks when the All 22 becomes available. You may also want to credit Pettine for his schematics as well. 

And while you’re at it, take a look at all the plays where Allen tried to force the issue. 

17 minutes ago, AllenWillBust said:

Neither do the Bills apparently, unless drafting busts like Allen & Jones is their modus operandi.

I mean I'll give you props for using modus operandi. you're at least an educated poster. 

Kid has a poor o-line and terrible wr corps, but somehow he should play like a seasoned vet already? Daboll's playcalling was pretty suspect as well. I think he has the talent to be very good, but development is on both Allen, coaches, and FO. I'm more concerned with the latter at this point.

Played badly this week, played well last week. Will probably be mediocre next week. And have several more bad games with good ones sprinkled in as well.

That's life when you're starting a rookie QB. If you weren't ready for an up and down season at QB I dunno what to tell you. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Gugny said:

It tells smart people how stupid it is to judge a QB after three starts.

It’s easy to say this when the player isn’t doing very well. If he was balling out then nobody would have a problem judging him. This is what fans do. It’s why forums like this exist.

Just now, Bangarang said:

It’s easy to say this when the player isn’t doing very well. If he was balling out then nobody would have a problem judging him. This is what fans do. It’s why forums like this exist.

We've learned many times over the years that even if a QB "balls out," early in his career, it might not mean much.

Three games is too early to judge, good or bad.

1 hour ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

His problem is not that he is scared or rattled.

His problem is that he wants to MAKE PLAYS, he knows that his line and WRs suck so he is trying to play backyard football miracle ball to make plays. If he knew he had longer than 1.8 seconds to throw the ball or he had a WR that would go up and catch the ball,  I would think he would be more willing to step up in the pocket

This is what it looked like to me.  Especially on the 3rd and 5 pick in the end zone. Hes trying too hard sometimes. And since the pack d hit him early and often he was responding to ghost pressure the rest of the game instead of trying to read the blitzes Pettine sent to him. It looked similar to a Tyrod Taylor game. Inaccurate, failing to read the defense, failing to get rid of the ball bc he couldnt trust what he was seeing. Kids a rookie tho, i think hell be ok as long as we get him ol help and wr weapons like la rams did for Goff.

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

We've learned many times over the years that even if a QB "balls out," early in his career, it might not mean much.

Three games is too early to judge, good or bad.

I don’t think it is too early to judge. It’s what the coaching staff does on a daily basis. Three games is too soon to have a definitive conclusion but it’s certainly not too soon to formulate an opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, teef said:

i didn't think he looked rattled at all.  he made some dumb mistakes, but the entire team was off, not just allen.  i'm expecting to see more stinkers like this this season.

Really?  He lost all of the poise he has shown previously this year.  He was terrible.  The game was over his head.  If we had a competent, calming influence at backup QB (we don't) I think we would have seen him for the 2nd half.