10-1: McDermott Monday Presser at 4 PM ET; Daboll and Frazier Follow at 4:30 - Check the OP for Presser Links

So McDermott is displeased with the 2nd offensive coordinator he hired? And the defensive coordinator he hired? Leader of men just not chooser of generals apparently.

And so we are clear zero points and the offense wasn't good enough. Thanks for clarifying.

Edited by That's No Moon

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

So McDermott is displeased with the 2nd offensive coordinator he hired? And the defensive coordinator he hired? Leader of men just not chooser of generals apparently.

And so we are clear zero points and the offense wasn't good enough. Thanks for clarifying.

You can't give a man chicken feathers and then demand that he make good chicken salad. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

I believe we will be hearing a lot of "I need to review the tape", "Still in the process", and "Need to execute better."

Actually he sounded unusually forthright: " We have to come up with a better plan than what we had Sunday, putting the players in position to be successful."

That's as close to calling out an assistant coach as I've heard from McDermott.

1 hour ago, GG said:

Wonder if his changed tone occurred after meeting with the owners.  

I think that Pegulas were signed off on a rebuild.  Don't know if they signed off on being the laughing stock.

I have had exactly that thought.  I think the Pegulas did indeed sign off on a rebuild, but they expected to field a competitive team, not a team embarrassment.

I had two thoughts regarding the Daboll presser:

1) he looked like a man that had been taken to the woodshed

2) he didn't bear the appearance of a man with a clue or a plan

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to 10-1: McDermott Monday Presser at 4 PM ET; Daboll and Frazier Follow at 4:30 - Check the OP for Presser Links

One of the last things he said was that we have to protect the QB. While hardly rocket science, the context was illuminating, when it was to do with keeping the rookie healthy so he can get the necessary reps and game time to improve. I found that quite a significant attitude and mmoderately illuminating as to McDermotts thought processess about developing Allen.

Change may well be coming on the O-Line, but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they sign someone else there, and possibly try and pick up another DB now Hyde is 'week to week'.

11 minutes ago, Buddo said:

One of the last things he said was that we have to protect the QB. While hardly rocket science, the context was illuminating, when it was to do with keeping the rookie healthy so he can get the necessary reps and game time to improve. I found that quite a significant attitude and mmoderately illuminating as to McDermotts thought processess about developing Allen.

Change may well be coming on the O-Line, but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they sign someone else there, and possibly try and pick up another DB now Hyde is 'week to week'.

They either need new OLmen or a new OL coach.  Whatever Teflon Juan is telling them to do, seems only to result in massive confusion week after week.  Either these aren't the right guys for him (can't interpret their assignments IRT) or he's not the right coach for them.

Yes, there are times when they're getting beat, but there are more times when 4 guys are trying to block 2 defenders whilst 2 other defenders are licking their chops and heading unimpeded for the QB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

Plays tackle 6’5” 315

What's his name and year? I'll be rooting for him. Hopefully,  I won't jinx him! Is he considered a pro prospect? Regardless, I'll still pull for him. I want to see UB and the program do well.

Edited by JohnC

McDermott looks worried in today’s presser 

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

What's his name and year? I'll be rooting for him. Hopefully,  I won't jinx him! Is he considered a pro prospect? Regardless, I'll still pull for him. I want to see UB and the program do well.

Evan K. 

Edited by Helpmenow

44 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I have had exactly that thought.  I think the Pegulas did indeed sign off on a rebuild, but they expected to field a competitive team, not a team embarrassment.

This is what some of us have been saying since the preseason - yes the Pegulas were told and understood that this team would have its ups and downs, and that McBeane didn't expect to contend for the Lombardi this year.

But no, they didn't expect to get blown out repeatedly, and look totally outclassed doing it - offensive linemen running into each other and not knowing who to block, receivers jogging their routes, etc.  I have no doubt they're upset about investing all of that draft capital into a promising rookie QB only to watch him subjected to a serious beating week after week.  It's negligence, and it sounds like McDermott and his team are formally on notice that it wasn't the plan and won't be tolerated.

McD answering a question about Josh and what he needs to improve most:

Q: "What are some of the areas where Josh can help himself get out of some bad situations or not allowing that to fester like he did last game?"

A: "...I think that knowing where his answers are pre-snap it will be important for him moving forward as he continues to grow. (Then) you can take what the defense gives you and you can (still) move the chains, and I thought that was key yesterday. We didn't get that done."

I've been harping on this all year and I'm glad McD is at least acknowledging this publicly. Allen has such a long ways to go in that department, and IMO it's BY FAR the biggest impediment to us being a good team right now. Josh just has no idea what's going on out there. We can harp all we want about play calling, but when your QB has such a low football IQ it handcuffs everyone involved.  

Edited by VW82