Taron Johnson and Siran Neal accomplished a franchise first

Bills Today: How Taron Johnson and Siran Neal accomplished a franchise first

rrek1jazcqcphwcvo7yi.jpg

In Buffalo’s Week 4 matchup with the Packers, both Johnson and Neal recorded their first career sacks. With the take downs, Johnson and Neal became Buffalo’s first set of rookie defensive backs to record sacks in the same contest.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

nothing new that I saw 

Buffalo did manage to force Rodgers to throw his first interception of the year.

Rodgers fumble was recovered by Kyle.

He was down at one point and trainers were looking at the shoulder - hopefully he’s ok

Ryan Lewis dropped a sure pick 6 too - I couldn’t believe when they said Rodgers has only thrown 2 pick sixes his entire career

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He was down at one point and trainers were looking at the shoulder - hopefully he’s ok

Ryan Lewis dropped a sure pick 6 too - I couldn’t believe when they said Rodgers has only thrown 2 pick sixes his entire career

I believe Johnson came back in after that.

And I thought Lewis played a pretty good game too, he got burnt deep near the end but other than that I thought he looked solid.

39 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

And I thought Lewis played a pretty good game too, he got burnt deep near the end but other than that I thought he looked solid.

He returned to the field and played well after it looked like he was gone for the game. I was pretty surprised as it appeared to be quite painful for him when he went out.

44 minutes ago, McBean said:

I’m loving our defensive draft picks.

Now Beane needs to build the offense. I think it’s going to take 2 full offseasons tbh.

That may have been part of the plan.  Get the defense going this season,and hope the O can get by.  Build the O next season with their accumulated picks and also getting a pass rusher and or run stopper.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Yeah, according to scouting Lewis's speed (which he does possess) somehow doesn't show up after he flips his hips to break downfield with the receiver. I thought it was evident on that play, although the wideout was admittedly a burner. Maybe that's why Lewis tho talented has bounced around without sticking with a team so far. It will be interesting to see how this aspect of his game develops (or not). 

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

That may have been part of the plan.  Get the defense going this season,and hope the O can get by.  Build the O next season with their accumulated picks and also getting a pass rusher and or run stopper.  

I believe the exact same thing was said last year. Get the defence going last year and then draft a QB and offence heavy this offseason. Well they got their QB and then went defence again........

49 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I believe the exact same thing was said last year. Get the defence going last year and then draft a QB and offence heavy this offseason. Well they got their QB and then went defence again........

Not exactly. They only have so many picks and inherited a horrid cap situation. The way some new regimes with young QBs have done it (ie Chicago, Rams) is implement the D and get the QB, then build up the offense going into QB’s second year. Trubisky had no one to throw to last year either. Same with Goff. My question is more around why there is no vet QB behind Allen. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

That may be true, however IIRC last years defense still had some issue with the pass rush after 1 or 2 big $ guys were dumped and w/o much cap to replace those top heavy guys 

darn.. Yolo beat me to it....  great minds think alike