Marrone went for 2 up 31-12 with 25 sec to go vs Jets

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Not sure which comment you are referring to.   Marrone quitting on the Bills?  Or Bortles?

What does Peterman have to do with my comments anyway?

• When you draft a 5th round QB you take your chances. McDermott didn't want to start Peterman at all last season, he said so many many times.  But Turdrod gave him no choice and the disaster unfolded.  

Why did they pay Bortles so much if the HC is on the cusp of benching him?.   It's obvious Bortles isn't the only problem there. 

Doug Moron wants ultimate control and IMO he's not smart enough to have ultimate control.  Hell, it took Coughlin's hiring to set the Jags up and look good last season! 

Tom Coughlin isn't ready to admit his Blake Bortles decision sunk the Jaguars' season

You have to feel just a little bit sorry for the Jaguars coaching staff for how things went this season.

As I see it Marrone quit on the Bills.  That is unforgivable in my book.  

Incredible. McD goes into the season with Petey as “QB1” and is untouchable.

Marrone and co give Bortles a bridge deal that allows them to walk away from the QB who played on a team that went to the AFCCG, and they are idiots. 

Hilarious.

23 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Incredible. McD goes into the season with Petey as “QB1” and is untouchable.

Marrone and co give Bortles a bridge deal that allows them to walk away from the QB who played on a team that went to the AFCCG, and they are idiots. 

Hilarious.

I didn't say he was untouchable.   

When McDermott QUITS on the team I'll be telling a different story.   

Hey How's last seasons bust Zay Jones doing?  

Feb. 25, 2018

Quarterback Blake Bortles  signed a contract extension with the Jacksonville Jaguars,

The new contract is a three-year, $54 million deal that will keep him under contract through the 2020 season. The deal includes $26.5 million guaranteed.

I thought bridge deals were meant to hold a guy for a season maybe two at a "reasonable" price.  

Bortles was the No. 3 overall selection in the 2014 NFL draft and IMO, slightly better than TT. 

Both are riding the bench. 1 unintentionally 

9 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Feb. 25, 2018

Quarterback Blake Bortles  signed a contract extension with the Jacksonville Jaguars,

The new contract is a three-year, $54 million deal that will keep him under contract through the 2020 season. The deal includes $26.5 million guaranteed.

I thought bridge deals were meant to hold a guy for a season maybe two at a "reasonable" price.  

Bortles was the No. 3 overall selection in the 2014 NFL draft and IMO, slightly better than TT. 

His cap hit this year was 21 mill 

200w.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c0a824e516d623636d

5 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Reasonable?  That depends on the cost of real estate in the area, and 'keeping up with the Dareus'...?

lol  yup reasonable 

$15 Mil signing bonus part of the contract too

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

His cap hit this year was 21 mill 

200w.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c0a824e516d623636d

LMAO 

That's not "bridge deal" money 

I'm not an NFL GM but I did sleep at a Holiday In last night 

Trudrods was $14 or $18?    

Thank you Jesus 

35 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Feb. 25, 2018

Yeah bro. They can cut Bortles after next year and save $18M. The definition of a bridge deal. Educate yourself.

Oh and Zay Jones went from bust to a #3 WR. He’s 78th in the NFL in receiving yards.

Edited by BringBackOrton

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

How about the culture that Marrone has created down in Jacksonville?!?  Holy cow, what a disaster.  Seems like the players do and say whatever they want.  

"Hi, Doug, it's me, Rex...Rex Ryan.  Jesus, R-Y-A-N.  Anyways, let me give you a few suggestions for a happy and productive locker room."

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Yeah you can. I just told you, they can cut him with $18M in savings next year. You don’t understand how NFL contracts work.

I'm not talking about next season. 

The year is 2018.  Does he or does he not get $26.5 million guaranteed?

$26.5  million for 11 games.   That is half of the entire contract of $54 million. 

Bortles will get $26 million guaranteed at signing, $7 million more than he would have gotten if the Jaguars had decided to let him enter his option year.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville-jaguars/blake-bortles-14412/

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I'm not talking about next season. 

The year is 2018.  Does he or does he not get $26.5 million guaranteed?

$26.5  million for 11 games.   That is half of the entire contract of $54 million. 

Bortles will get $26 million guaranteed at signing, $7 million more than he would have gotten if the Jaguars had decided to let him enter his option year.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville-jaguars/blake-bortles-14412/

Right. And then they can walk away after two years. That’s what a bridge deal is. In fact, you defined it earlier.

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

So a QB takes your team to the AFCCG, and in your opinion, a deal with an AAV that is 19th in the NFL for QB’s, just behind Case Keemun, with an option to walk away and save $18M after two years, isn’t a “reasonable bridge deal.”

And you said he’s slightly better than TT, right? His AAV on his contract is a slight $2M more than TT’s bridge deal. Woah. Who woulda thunk it?

You. Don’t. Know. What. You’re. Talking. About. Period.

Edited by BringBackOrton

26 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Who cares about the chart this is not Madden.  Maybe he thought his team needed more practice at 2 point plays?

Apparently he cares about the chart, because he’s the one who said that was why he went for 2.

His team needed more practice tackling too but ... “hey who ate my bologna sammich”

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Apparently he cares about the chart, because he’s the one who said that was why he went for 2.

His team needed more practice tackling too but ... “hey who ate my bologna sammich”

Yes his chart not "the" chart.  His chart probably has a lot of things no one else has like "Hire Nathaniel" (still on chart from long ago),  Sign as Jets HC and "Fire Nathaniel" although the latter is not in his handwriting. 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Right. And then they can walk away after two years. That’s what a bridge deal is. In fact, you defined it earlier.

So a QB takes your team to the AFCCG, and in your opinion, a deal with an AAV that is 19th in the NFL for QB’s, just behind Case Keemun, with an option to walk away and save $18M after two years, isn’t a “reasonable bridge deal.”

And you said he’s slightly better than TT, right? His AAV on his contract is a slight $2M more than TT’s bridge deal. Woah. Who woulda thunk it?

My view is a combo of you two. It IS a bridge deal, but a damn harsh one for the team. And I'm glad as I certainly dislike the team and their coach ha ha. Most of the cap and money damage was for this year so in that sense it is a a bridge deal. But they paid quite a lot for what they got. A lot. Bortles won the lottery.

That being said, the little I watched last night, that included that 99 yard run (yes!), the other QB seemed way better than Bortles but the playcalling is so atrociously predictable and conservative. And Marrone has clearly lost control of his players, unlike McD. Still I hope he keeps his job and continues the tire fire over there.

43 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

You keep arguing bridge deal.   I keep saying it was a crap deal for the Jags all together.  period

Was it really the QB that took your team to the AFCCG? Or the defense and a better running game? 

JAGS Offense 2262 rushing yards w/ 18 TD's 141 ypg
OPP  Offense 1860 rushing yards w/ 9 TD's 116 ypg
JAGS Offense 3593 Passing 21 TD  224  ypg  224 ypg

2018 Through 13 games       
JAGS Offense 1395 rushing yards w/ 6 TD's 107 ypg
OPP  Offense 1565 rushing yards w/ 14 TD's 120 ypg
JAGS Offense 2882 passing yards w/ 15 TD's 221 ypg 

Offensively

I see little difference in the passing stats between 2017 & 2018 

I see noticeable difference in the rushing stats between 2017 & 2018 

Defensively 

I see a difference in more yards allowed and TDs' by the defense in the rushing stats between 2017 & 2018 

Bortles is Bortles.  You can put lipstick on a pig, it is still a pig.  

57 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

My view is a combo of you two. It IS a bridge deal, but a damn harsh one for the team. And I'm glad as I certainly dislike the team and their coach ha ha. Most of the cap and money damage was for this year so in that sense it is a a bridge deal. But they paid quite a lot for what they got. A lot. Bortles won the lottery.

That being said, the little I watched last night, that included that 99 yard run (yes!), the other QB seemed way better than Bortles but the playcalling is so atrociously predictable and conservative. And Marrone has clearly lost control of his players, unlike McD. Still I hope he keeps his job and continues the tire fire over there.

I think its because he was arguing something I was not 

Marrone did not quit on the team; Pegula with Whaley wanted him to change his staff and approach.  Wow, so many bitter Buffalo Bills fans talking up McDermott who started Peterman; calling it indefensible but always willing to look the other way for the process. Bitter enough to mock a guy who beat us in the playoffs and we are out because McDermott refused to move on from Peterman.  Both teams are not going in grow up.  

1 minute ago, Joeziehmer said:

Marrone did not quit on the team; Pegula with Whaley wanted him to change his staff and approach.  Wow, so many bitter Buffalo Bills fans talking up McDermott who started Peterman; calling it indefensible but always willing to look the other way for the process. Bitter enough to mock a guy who beat us in the playoffs and we are out because McDermott refused to move on from Peterman.  Both teams are not going in grow up.  

And by the looks of it ....  The Jags ownership and FO want him to change his approach NOW  or "Not Quit" again.  

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

And by the looks of it ....  The Jags ownership and FO want him to change his approach NOW  or "Not Quit" again.  

So, if McDermott stuck with Peterman would he still be given a free pass?  Come on guys you make it okay to quit a season for picks.  It goes into lame duck if McDermott continues to suck.