Marrone went for 2 up 31-12 with 25 sec to go vs Jets

YoloinOhio

But Jaguars coach Doug Marrone said sending a message was the last thing on his mind, since the Jaguars were dealing with some injuries, and he stuck straight to his conversion chart.

“We had a lot of guys banged up for the PAT/field goal [team], and on the chart it just said 19 [points],” Marrone said, via Michael DiRocco of ESPN.com. “On the chart it says go for two. I’m one of those guys, I never try to take anything for granted in an NFL game. Try to keep working those mechanics and doing it, so just went for two. . . .

We’re not good enough to send a message right now.

Of course, not everyone in his locker room seemed to get that memo.

Quarterback Blake Bortles joked “I just work here,” and defensive tackle Malik Jackson said it was definitely personal.

“He doesn’t like those guys,” Jackson said. “I don’t know what they did to him, but he doesn’t like them.”

The guys a good coach. His teams never get blown out. Our defenses were better with him and he’s an offensive guy. He probably just didn’t want to be told to play EJ anymore. I don’t know why people are mad at him. Be mad at the idiot that gave him the opt out.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus
  • Like (+1) 10

Just now, BillsRdue said:

So what. Maybe he wanted to work on the 2pt conversions. Maybe he was running up the score. That's fine. There are tie-breakers based on point difference that can come back to haunt a team. You never know how a season will play out. Take what you can get every week. It's the opponents job to stop you.

If you're worried about tie breakers this early ....  you must know you have weaknesses.  

16 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The guys a good coach. His teams never get blown out. Our defenses were better with him and he’s an offensive guy. He probably let just didn’t want to be told to play EJ anymore. I don’t know why people are mad at him. Be mad at the idiot that gave him the opt out.

this was against the Jets - nothing to do with EJ or an opt out 

13 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

So what. Maybe he wanted to work on the 2pt conversions. Maybe he was running up the score. That's fine. There are tie-breakers based on point difference that can come back to haunt a team. You never know how a season will play out. Take what you can get every week. It's the opponents job to stop you.

While I’m aware of that tiebreaker, I’m curious if it’s ever been used. It’s way down the line. But I doubt that was what he was going for there since the risk is greater to get zero points when going for two.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Hey, at least they had the opportunity to go for a 2pt conversion. 

Cool. Ruthless. People care more about one's ability to be liked, rather than coaching a winning team.

Marrone and Hackett are doing much better than our staff, even with a QB that most ridicule.

• Haha (+1) 1

Don’t understand how a losing team gets the right to ask for mercy. I think running up the score is great. This is a mans game and if I can take a chance to send a message (especially coming off a disastrous loss last week) I’m gonna do it. 

I wouldn’t like it if it happened against the bills, but I would blame the bills for being terrible, not the team that isn’t.

Also, Manish Meta is a tool. 

• Like (+1) 3