Marrone went for 2 up 31-12 with 25 sec to go vs Jets

YoloinOhio

23 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

Marrone did not quit on the team; Pegula with Whaley wanted him to change his staff and approach.  Wow, so many bitter Buffalo Bills fans talking up McDermott who started Peterman; calling it indefensible but always willing to look the other way for the process. Bitter enough to mock a guy who beat us in the playoffs and we are out because McDermott refused to move on from Peterman.  Both teams are not going in grow up.  

Man, when you pick a lost cause, you really latch on. :lol:

• Haha (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

You keep arguing bridge deal.   I keep saying it was a crap deal for the Jags all together.  period

Was it really the QB that took your team to the AFCCG? Or the defense and a better running game? 

JAGS Offense 2262 rushing yards w/ 18 TD's 141 ypg
OPP  Offense 1860 rushing yards w/ 9 TD's 116 ypg
JAGS Offense 3593 Passing 21 TD  224  ypg  224 ypg

2018 Through 13 games       
JAGS Offense 1395 rushing yards w/ 6 TD's 107 ypg
OPP  Offense 1565 rushing yards w/ 14 TD's 120 ypg
JAGS Offense 2882 passing yards w/ 15 TD's 221 ypg 

Offensively

I see little difference in the passing stats between 2017 & 2018 

I see noticeable difference in the rushing stats between 2017 & 2018 

Defensively 

I see a difference in more yards allowed and TDs' by the defense in the rushing stats between 2017 & 2018 

Bortles is Bortles.  You can put lipstick on a pig, it is still a pig.  

I think its because he was arguing something I was not 

Yes Bortles took them to the AFCCG. He played decently last season, and played very well in the post season. 

If youre arguing he’s playing as good this year as he did last year because the stats are similar, you don’t watch the games.

26 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

So, if McDermott stuck with Peterman would he still be given a free pass?  Come on guys you make it okay to quit a season for picks.  It goes into lame duck if McDermott continues to suck.  

Apple meet Pineapple 

Stick with the topic at hand please.  

4 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Yes Bortles took them to the AFCCG. He played decently last season, and played very well in the post season. 

If youre arguing he’s playing as good this year as he did last year because the stats are similar, you don’t watch the games.

Just like Tyrod Taylor took the Bills to the playoffs. 

Gotcha

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Apple meet Pineapple 

Stick with the topic at hand please.  

Just like Tyrod Taylor took the Bills to the playoffs. 

Gotcha

Tyrod Taylor was our QB on our playoff team, yeah. He also didn’t play half as well as Bortles did throughout the year. Go ahead and compare those stats for me, chief.

2 hours ago, Joeziehmer said:

Marrone did not quit on the team; Pegula with Whaley wanted him to change his staff and approach.  Wow, so many bitter Buffalo Bills fans talking up McDermott who started Peterman; calling it indefensible but always willing to look the other way for the process. Bitter enough to mock a guy who beat us in the playoffs and we are out because McDermott refused to move on from Peterman.  Both teams are not going in grow up.  

Marrone is mocked because he's mockable.  Dude utters the word "obviously" eighteen times per minute and hasn't shown he is anything more than a roughly .500 coach -- 32-34 in the NFL and 25-25 in college.  Four winning seasons out of nine overall, and his 9-7 in Buffalo came thanks to a win against the Pats*** 3rd stringers.  I don't care why he left Buffalo; he's just not very good.  Come talk to us about McD after he has coached five years in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, eball said:

Marrone is mocked because he's mockable.  Dude utters the word "obviously" eighteen times per minute and hasn't shown he is anything more than a roughly .500 coach -- 32-34 in the NFL and 25-25 in college.  Four winning seasons out of nine overall, and his 9-7 in Buffalo came thanks to a win against the Pats*** 3rd stringers.  I don't care why he left Buffalo; he's just not very good.  Come talk to us about McD after he has coached five years in the NFL.

If he makes it five years and isn’t lured to the college ranks.  

14 hours ago, eball said:

Because as the past couple decades have shown us, going 9-7 is so common in Buffalo, we can afford to be dismissive of the ones that don't live up to our lofty accomplishments...

He managed that after pulling Orton off the couch and using EJ the first 4 games of the season, and we played the Pats first stringers for a half (including Brady), and were still winning.

It was a more impressive accomplishment considering how we won than what we did last year getting into the playoffs. In fact, there are plenty of articles about last year's team discussing how that wasn't even close to the best Bills team we've fielded the past 2 decades. It was also the last time the Bills fielded a decent passing offense (finishing 18th)...The best we've done since then is finishing 28th overall in passing offense. 

Dismiss him all you want, but he & Schwartz had this team headed in the right direction. He also managed to get a Blake Bortles lead Jaguars team to the AFC Championship game, and minutes away from the Super Bowl. That's better any coach we've had since Marv has been able to do, so don't pretend it's some easy feat or else we'd have done the same by now.

Edited by BigDingus

4 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Because as the past couple decades have shown us, going 9-7 is so common in Buffalo, we can afford to be dismissive of the ones that don't live up to our lofty accomplishments...

He managed that after pulling Orton off the couch and using EJ the first 4 games of the season, and we played the Pats first stringers for a half (including Brady), and were still winning.

It was a more impressive accomplishment considering how we won than what we did last year getting into the playoffs. In fact, there are plenty of articles about last year's team discussing how that wasn't even close to the best Bills team we've fielded the past 2 decades. It was also the last time the Bills fielded a decent passing offense (finishing 18th)...The best we've done since then is finishing 28th overall in passing offense. 

Dismiss him all you want, but he & Schwartz had this team headed in the right direction. He also managed to get a Blake Bortles lead Jaguars team to the AFC Championship game, and minutes away from the Super Bowl. That's better any coach we've had since Marv has been able to do, so don't pretend it's some easy feat or else we'd have done the same by now.

In the words of Bill Parcells -- you are what your record says you are.  Saint Doug is a middling head coach.  Sean McDermott is just beginning his career and deserves a few more seasons before we claim he's worse than the almighty Marrone.