Marrone went for 2 up 31-12 with 25 sec to go vs Jets

YoloinOhio

• 2 months later...

I'll be honest, i wanted Marrone to stay but ill adly eat crow , as i feel McD is the real deal and far superior HC. 

What a blessing in disguise that was , he is not HC material  , and he clearly doesn't have a grasp on how to treat his locker room. 

He has the most talented D in the game but they quit on him. That would never happen with St Shaun , and now Jax must rebuild all over again and will be releasing some top end talent this off season. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/1/2018 at 8:57 PM, 87168 said:

Hey, at least they had the opportunity to go for a 2pt conversion. 

Cool. Ruthless. People care more about one's ability to be liked, rather than coaching a winning team.

Marrone and Hackett are doing much better than our staff, even with a QB that most ridicule.

Bills 4-8 during a rebuild

Jagz 4-9 during a year when they were supposed to compete for a championship

How are they doing better?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

Bills 4-8 during a rebuild

Jagz 4-9 during a year when they were supposed to compete for a championship

How are they doing better?

Well for starters they have future HOFer Marcel Tub 'O Goo.  McD really screwed that one up.  Look at that rock solid Jax run defense!

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Marrone is dead man walking.  He will be luck to get a college OL job

People should know by now not to let him near the oline. He's an expert at screwing it up! Our line was good before he came to Buffalo, bad when he was here, and then good again after he left, with much of the season personnel.

He is just as mediocre a coach as they come.

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:17 PM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Our offense with Orton was twice as good as what it is now. That was the best passing game we have had since Bledsoe. We just had no RB. If you gave Orton Shady and didn’t start EJ the first 4 weeks, that’s the team that ends the drought.

We had no running GAME actually. It wasn't all on the backs. The interior OL stunk that year. Wood had his worst year as a Bill, Eric Pears a bad right tackle played the whole year at RG and the three starting left guards were Chris Williams (who lasted 4 games before landing on IR), Cyril Richardson and Kraig Urbik.

6 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I'll be honest, i wanted Marrone to stay but ill adly eat crow , as i feel McD is the real deal and far superior HC. 

What a blessing in disguise that was , he is not HC material  , and he clearly doesn't have a grasp on how to treat his locker room. 

He has the most talented D in the game but they quit on him. That would never happen with St Shaun , and now Jax must rebuild all over again and will be releasing some top end talent this off season. 

I wanted Marrone to stay too and I actually still think he is a decent Head Coach. I wouldn't swap McDermott for him..... but I'd swap the two years of hell being coached by a clown for any Head Coach, ever.

On October 1, 2018 at 7:30 AM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The guys a good coach. His teams never get blown out. Our defenses were better with him and he’s an offensive guy. He probably just didn’t want to be told to play EJ anymore. I don’t know why people are mad at him. Be mad at the idiot that gave him the opt out.

Any updates on this?

• Haha (+1) 4

Wow anybody else remember having Jim Schwartz here?  Or, what about Kyle Orton?  Marrone wasn’t allowed to protect his staff or have a say in what genius Doug had wanted to have happened.  They beat a Colts team which blew us out.  Just because McDermott broke the drought doesn’t automatically give him a pass for this season.  What other Coach in recent memory blames his rookie Quarterback for receivers dropping balls, screams at his offensive coordinator, and demands rhythm passing drills be slowed down?  Dick Jauron had a good year with the Bears and not much else.

15 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

Wow anybody else remember having Jim Schwartz here?  Or, what about Kyle Orton?  Marrone wasn’t allowed to protect his staff or have a say in what genius Doug had wanted to have happened.  They beat a Colts team which blew us out.  Just because McDermott broke the drought doesn’t automatically give him a pass for this season.  What other Coach in recent memory blames his rookie Quarterback for receivers dropping balls, screams at his offensive coordinator, and demands rhythm passing drills be slowed down?  Dick Jauron had a good year with the Bears and not much else.

Morrone is stupid.  He quit on the team. Period,

Bench Bortles - score 13 points in 2 games 

Jaguars' debacle in Tennessee further proof of how much work is needed

Doug Marrone's shake-up on offense has produced two of the season's worst performances, reinforcing the need for drastic changes in the offseason.

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Morrone is stupid.  He quit on the team. Period,

Bench Bortles - score 13 points in 2 games 

Jaguars' debacle in Tennessee further proof of how much work is needed

Doug Marrone's shake-up on offense has produced two of the season's worst performances, reinforcing the need for drastic changes in the offseason.

Does the anointed one in Sean McDermott get a pass for Peterman?  Considering even before print dried on the audio to print transcripts Beane has cut him?  That’s not internal dissension or Beane looking to protect his own neck; is it?  Just because it is Sean bringing him in; doesn’t mean Brandon won’t save his own neck and trim the fat on the coaching staff.  Let me guess keeping Peterman was indefensible but Sean cannot be judged, right?  

58 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

LOL....you're going to point the bolded out but not that we beat them?  Geezus dude.  Since you joined, you just whine like a dramatic teen.  You make PETA look tolerable.

1 hour ago, Joeziehmer said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!!  And then they got beatdown by us

39 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

Does the anointed one in Sean McDermott get a pass for Peterman?  Considering even before print dried on the audio to print transcripts Beane has cut him?  That’s not internal dissension or Beane looking to protect his own neck; is it?  Just because it is Sean bringing him in; doesn’t mean Brandon won’t save his own neck and trim the fat on the coaching staff.  Let me guess keeping Peterman was indefensible but Sean cannot be judged, right?  

Not sure which comment you are referring to.   Marrone quitting on the Bills?  Or Bortles?

What does Peterman have to do with my comments anyway?

• When you draft a 5th round QB you take your chances. McDermott didn't want to start Peterman at all last season, he said so many many times.  But Turdrod gave him no choice and the disaster unfolded.  

Why did they pay Bortles so much if the HC is on the cusp of benching him?.   It's obvious Bortles isn't the only problem there. 

Doug Moron wants ultimate control and IMO he's not smart enough to have ultimate control.  Hell, it took Coughlin's hiring to set the Jags up and look good last season! 

Tom Coughlin isn't ready to admit his Blake Bortles decision sunk the Jaguars' season

You have to feel just a little bit sorry for the Jaguars coaching staff for how things went this season.

As I see it Marrone quit on the Bills.  That is unforgivable in my book.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan