Marrone went for 2 up 31-12 with 25 sec to go vs Jets

YoloinOhio

Marrone was smart to get out of Buffalo. Great move.He knew he would have a Nathan Peterman in his future if he stayed.

4 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

We couldn’t even score 2 points yesterday so your point is don’t score as much as you can mmmkay. 

90 minutes of football and counting..--whats the record?

11 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The guys a good coach. His teams never get blown out. Our defenses were better with him and he’s an offensive guy. He probably just didn’t want to be told to play EJ anymore. I don’t know why people are mad at him. Be mad at the idiot that gave him the opt out.

I agree.  I always like Marrone and think he is a good coach even though that is not the popular opinion.  However, he was blown out in like 4 games his two years here.

12 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The guys a good coach. His teams never get blown out. Our defenses were better with him and he’s an offensive guy. He probably just didn’t want to be told to play EJ anymore. I don’t know why people are mad at him. Be mad at the idiot that gave him the opt out.

Why can't we be mad at everyone?

6 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

I don't know about all the optics of it, people want to say it was piling on, maybe it was, Marrone is kind of a DB.    But in this instance, knowing that down the road he may need to get a 2pt conversion to win a game, I say get some reps in live action while you can.   But I"m looking at it from that standpoint only.   Not the emotional lenses most people are probably correctly looking through.   

Maybe it's a big eff you to the owner of the Jets, in which case it's still pretty iffy.    You are winning the game.  what does 2 extra points do?    

My thoughts as well. What difference does 1 point make?

4 hours ago, coloradobillsfan said:

If I understand the new-ish rule correctly, the Jets could have intercepted or returned that 2 point try the other way and suddenly it's a 1 score game

No.  It was 31-12 before the 2 pt try.

If NY int's and returns it or returns a fumble they only get 2 pts. 31-14

and if they would be allowed to score a TD on a PAT return and then went for 2 it would be 31-22. 

Edited by cba fan

I pretty much understand baseball "don't show up the opponent" protocol when you're winning big. You don't steal bases, you don't bunt for a hit, etc. The football unwritten rules are kind of a mystery though. Why is it considered o.k. to send in the kicker to kick the extra point when you're up by 21 with one minute to play? After all, you could just send out the offense again and take a knee on an ostensible try for a 2 point conversion. That's what teams do when they score a game winning touchdown as time runs out on the game clock. Why isn't kicking the extra point considered piling on, whereas going for 2 is? Nobody bats an eye when a team leading by 23 points kicks a field goal on 4th and 1 with less than a minute of game time left. Why not just take a knee on 4th down and turn it over on downs? In other words, I have no problem with what Marrone did. It's not like KC having Dontari Poe throw a TD pass when you're winning by 3 touchdowns late ... that's one where it's easy to spot the line (trick plays done for the highlight reel only) and the fact that Andy Reid crossed it.

18 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Marrone is a baffoon. Our offense was putrid and our offensive line (both are his "expertise") was crap, even though with the same personell they had been good previously and again after he left.

Marrone has nothing to do with our defense being good, and he has nothing to do with the Jags defense being good.

I was all too happy he opted out.

23 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I agree. But I understand people not liking him because despite being a good coach he is an arse.

4 hours ago, MJS said:

Marrone is a baffoon. Our offense was putrid and our offensive line (both are his "expertise") was crap, even though with the same personell they had been good previously and again after he left.

Marrone has nothing to do with our defense being good, and he has nothing to do with the Jags defense being good.

I was all too happy he opted out.

Our offense with Orton was twice as good as what it is now. That was the best passing game we have had since Bledsoe. We just had no RB. If you gave Orton Shady and didn’t start EJ the first 4 weeks, that’s the team that ends the drought.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Our offense with Orton was twice as good as what it is now. That was the best passing game we have had since Bledsoe. We just had no RB. If you gave Orton Shady and didn’t start EJ the first 4 weeks, that’s the team that ends the drought.

For like 2 or 3 games, yes, but then Orton started sucking horribly.

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

That’s just not true. It’s over there is no sense going back through something that is trivial at this point. He was the best QB we had durring the  drought 

Go look at his game logs after the bye week. Steep drop off. He started playing scared, and I attribute that DIRECTLY to Doug Marrone wanting him to play conservatively.

• Thank you (+1) 1