Marrone went for 2 up 31-12 with 25 sec to go vs Jets

YoloinOhio

16 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:
Marrone: We're not good enough to send a message

Doug Marrone rejects the idea that their 4th quarter 2-point conversion was meant to be a shot at the Jets.

ESPN

http://www.espn.com/nfl/team?name=jax&_slug_=jacksonville-jaguars

His own player said otherwise above ?

also Manish Mehta has had a longtime beef with him

https://twitter.com/greggrosenthal/status/1046543971298631681?s=21

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The guys a good coach. His teams never get blown out. Our defenses were better with him and he’s an offensive guy. He probably let just didn’t want to be told to play EJ anymore. I don’t know why people are mad at him. Be mad at the idiot that gave him the opt out.

I don't share the anger at Marrone; however, I don't care much for him on a personal level.

One can be a good coach and still be an !@#hole. They are not mutually exclusive...

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The guys a good coach. His teams never get blown out. Our defenses were better with him and he’s an offensive guy. He probably let just didn’t want to be told to play EJ anymore. I don’t know why people are mad at him. Be mad at the idiot that gave him the opt out.

On the other hand, he had two great DC’s (Pettine and Schwartz) and a much more talented roster to work with.

The “didn’t want to be told to play EJ” thing is 110% myth.

All that said, I’ve forgiven Marrone for how he left my teams (Syracuse and Bills) and hold no ill will.

I don't care for Marrone but loved the move.

"F 'em, let's beat them by as many as possible" is a great mentality in sports. I don't care if it was petty or not.

When I was in high school I had a baseball coach that absolutely despised the mercy rule that we were often subjected to (we were on the wrong side, mind you).

There is nothing wrong with running up the score on a team if you're good enough to do it. If you don't like it, do something about it. The Jets should have sent Adams over the line of scrimmage before the ball was hiked to take out Bortles. THAT would have been an appropriate response, instead they whined like babies afterwards.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

So what. Maybe he wanted to work on the 2pt conversions. Maybe he was running up the score. That's fine. There are tie-breakers based on point difference that can come back to haunt a team. You never know how a season will play out. Take what you can get every week. It's the opponents job to stop you.

And when Blake Bortles is running your offence, you have to get points whenever you can get them.......

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, golfball323 said:

I don't care for Marrone but loved the move.

"F 'em, let's beat them by as many as possible" is a great mentality in sports. I don't care if it was petty or not.

When I was in high school I had a baseball coach that absolutely despised the mercy rule that we were often subjected to (we were on the wrong side, mind you).

There is nothing wrong with running up the score on a team if you're good enough to do it. If you don't like it, do something about it. The Jets should have sent Adams over the line of scrimmage before the ball was hiked to take out Bortles. THAT would have been an appropriate response, instead they whined like babies afterwards.

Why would you want to take out Bortles? Usually he is the only reason the opponent is still in the game, if your getting beaten by a Blake Bortles offence, you should be more worried and angry at your defence....